Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:39:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin IXC To-Do List 2015-2017  (Read 4509 times)
deadsea33 (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:44:23 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2021, 01:28:56 PM by deadsea33

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:09:51 AM

So, what kind of crypto 2.0 is in mind for this coin ?
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 11:28:21 AM

What about the future of this coin?  Is there any new feature introduce in near future?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:47:26 PM

Hi Deadsea,

Can you please elaborate on mining/minting ixc

and why it is important to have a clone of bitcoin that has passed the terminal mining date as well as why it makes ixc special

Thanks
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:45:31 PM

Did anyone ever follow up with noashh? Personally, I'm a big fan of the multidex and feel this would be an amazing exchange to get ixcoin onto.

Hi, I would like to know

Default RPC port
Minimum transaction fee
Estimated block time in seconds
daemon file
Exact spelling of the conf file with path for
Windows
Mac
Linux

for Ixcoin. Can someone help me?

WIll try to do as much as I can, off the top of my head... which means it could be wrong, however best shot:

The default RPC port is 8338

Min Tx fee, never really got worked on by me, pretty much standard bitcoin v0.9.3 code I think.  After our discussions months ago, seemed consensuses was to leave it as bitcoin v9 had done, allot of stuff changed between v8 and v9 there.   We can certainly work on hard coding something specific now, if that is what is wanted, I argued it should be enforced back then, although now we're really starting to taste the reason why we must move towards an enforceable minimum.

Estimated block time, hmm got me there, would have to look that up.  iX coin has ten minute block target times

the daemon file is called ixcoind.exe on windows and simply ixcoind on linux

Linux versions I now build, have a configuration directory path of /home/<username>/.ixcoin
...in which all the blockchain, wallet and ixcoin.conf (the config file) settings can be found.

On Windows versions, the config files are called the same name (ixcoin.conf), but the path to them varies, depending on which flavor of windex your running.

We don't have a v9 version for the Mac, that I know of.  And my latest attempts to build them here just failed last night, even with the latest version of bitcoin v0.10.99 depends.  Think that without an upgrade on my debian OS, the machine can't find dependencies new enough.   It will have to be done by someone else for now, I've gotta load a new OS, on another hard disk, before trying again, takes time.   Been working hard on getting darwin to build, but it's kinda complicated to build on a Mac for a Mac, and I'm trying to do it from a linux machine.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:56:34 PM

Here's another blast from the past. I seem to remember you talking about a consortium of SHA256 merged mined coins. GRP, DVC, IXC, I0C, CLC and XGG (forgive me if i missed anyone).

All of these coins are crypto brothers. It would be nice if there was a SHA256 merged mined foundation to support these coins.

Just to get the ball rolling, I nominate you deadsea for the first president/leader of such an organization. I say this as this was your idea originally, and I feel you are an even tempered individual that has the capability of working with others. Working with others is the best way to advertise ixcoin. In fact, in sales, customers buy from people they like. Deadsea you seem to be a solid individual, so I think you would be a great person to help promote all of these coins and maybe usher in a new community.

case in point-
iocoin even at one point created a faucet for ixcoin. (thanks guys, you rock)

******quote from the past***********

Not being secure is not fair to holders/users of coins.

So hashing power is very important.

For that reason classics like IXCoin, DeVCoin, I0Coin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld look good, in order of how long a term you need to be looking at.

All of them except IXCoin and maybe DeVCoin have had periods during which no public merged mining pools included them in their merge, thus were excellent for miners; anyone could merged mine them easily at one time or another. Plus having been around for years anyone who wanted to has had plenty of time to pick them up cheap.

The last two are still not mined by any of the large public merged mining pools so are STILL great opportunities for private merged mining miners.

GRouPcoin is only merged by mmpool.org as far as I know, and I do not know of any exchange that lists them yet, even Vircurex has not listed them yet though they have said a long time ago that they would so once they see IXCoin and I0Coin do better volumes quite likely they will list them, probably resulting in a lot of dumping by mmpool miners who have been accumulating them for a long time now. Maybe the best time to pick up such coins though could be before they get listed; you might still be able to get them dirt cheap in private deals with miners.

-MarkM-

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:44:20 AM

Mmmmhhh... You have a good memory.
Foundation or whatever you wanna call it, yes, It's still my hope to find people of good will taking this responsibility. Would you be available to help us out? Is anybody else available?

----------

People, it's time to stop staring. It's time for action.

Like a commercial says,' every little helps'. We need 10 times the people you think, and 10 times more in 1 year. So, stop crying and make yourself available.  Smiley

-

Ok, maybe a foundation or consortium is to far fetched at the moment. How about some good old fashioned conversation comparing some of the sha256 merge mined coins.

How about we start with our little brother iocoin. Look at iocoins charts for the last year vs ixcoin. Intersting..
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:49:57 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 06:48:19 PM by JohnnyBTCSeed

Ok,
Let's say i0coin has a good potential, a great developer, a nice website, a purpose, but it lacks of a 'sparkle' starting the process leading it to adoption. Plus the support by miners is clearly much lower than ixcoin at the moment. I think that, like ixcoin, it suffers of a name difficult to read/remember. We discuss of features, the common person simply examines the meaning or attractiveness of the name. I personally believe a good name is 30% of the job necessary to make a coin successful, 30% is the purpose, and 40% is a mix of all the other components.

ixcoin has three great developers right now. ahmed from digitalcoin, cinnamon from blakecoin, groundrod from anoncoin?(i thought i read this somewhere)

vs

i0coin  
On Feb 1st 2015, we proudly announce new members joining our team.
(looks like I'm counting 15 devs working with them right now) names are here http://iocoin.io/

-------------------------------------------------
ixcoin has windows and linux wallets

vs

i0coin has windows, linux wallets ios, android, html5

------------------------------------------------

ixcoin  has ixcoin.org , ixcoin.co ,  ixcoin.eu (http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3)
three very different websites to advertise the brand

i0coin has http://iocoin.io/   , https://izerocoin.org/   ,  http://i0coin.snel.it/   ,   http://i0coins.com/   ,   http://www.i0coin.org/
4 very different websites to advertise the brand, including a Chinese website

------------------------------------------------

ixcoin name: we still don't know what ixcoin stands for. shhhh its a secret. Why it was chosen or what it means. Is it just a clever name parking of two of the most popular letters, i & x, or is it something deeper. who knows?! I and others have asked that question repeatedly but obviously this is a game to the original developer who ever he/she is.

i0coin name: it seems that i0coin was originally a slight against ixcoin. back in the day of there being 1-2 altcoins, bitcoin fans were VERY unhappy that someone dared clone the holy bitcoin. so when ixcoin (a copy of bitcoin) came out it made alot of people really salty.
- I0coin (= Ixcoin with 0 pregenerated blocks)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36425.msg448463#msg448463

---------------------------------------------------

Purpose: right now ixcoin is just striving to stay up-to-date with bitcoin. ixcoin helped prove what happens when all coins are generated in bitcoin.

i0coin: it looks like is also nearing its total generation of coins (congrats). However it seems that i0coin is pulling away from the "just a copy" mantra that is ixcoin and developing a new purpose/tech.

Edit (looks like i got confused with i0 and i/o)
http://www.iocoin.io/downloads/ioc_whitepaper_dions.pdf

Observation of cryptocurrencies shows that coins that fail to implement new technologies die quickly
(except coins with real-world adoption, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin), and hence after the release of ethe-
rium we will wait for "Mesozoic extinction," with the appearance of new, ethereum-based currencies

--------------------------------------------------

sparkle:
if and when ixcoin is updated on the largest mining platform cex, it will allow for someone to build a mastercoin omnicoin style or counterparty for the haters Wink system onto ixcoin. other then that, there is nothing planned for ixcoin as the belief of the main ixcoin poster is that a conspiracy is at foot and a secret hand will guide ixcoin to the moon, so no need to do anything.

i0coin however is developing new tech.
we propose a new language of transactions I/Oscript, which is the development of the script,
allowing construction on the basis of our decentralized blockchain for general purpose key-value storage
with an advanced system for delegation of rights, as well as further steps to develop I/Oscript to Turing-complete language, which will grant the same ability as ethereum, to create smart-contracts.

and

IONS
IONS Semi-Centralized I/O Name Server. A fantastic feature that allows sending and receiving payments by using a registered username. Now when sending or receiving a payment, simply enter the IONS name. Where other wallets require the long wallet address. IONS makes sending and receiving I/O Coin payments user friendly, one of the keys to world wide adoption. Create your own unique IONS name today!
kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:44:14 PM

Was the now closed World Stock Exchange ( http://www.wselive.com/ ) created by this the same Luke Connell who started http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3.  Both are from Australia.  What ever happened to him?  He made a great site for ixcoin, then disappeared?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:25:31 AM

Back to all these merged coins being related...

Two less well known members of the merge family, coiledcoin and geistgeld, do not seem to currently be supported by any well known public merged mining pools thus have quite low difficulties, and monitoring them can be helpful maybe to the whole merged family because they might be able to show us potential problems before those problems start hitting the more-popular members of the family.

GeistGeld is the super-fast-blocks one, like crazy-fast blocks, so fast that just looking up an auxblock to give work to a miner can take long enough that no matter how many gigahashes the miner has it won't be able to increase the difficulty. The main original purpose of GeistGeld was to find out the practical limit on how fast blocks can be and still allow merging of many blockchains. It might be good to adjust its speed in fact, to try somewhat slower, since it seems clear that its current speed is too fast for any pools to consider supporting the coin. The pool ends up spending so much resources on trying to keep up with GeistGeld that it does not process other chains as fast as it otherwise could; mmpool once reported that the actual value mined was less in total when GeistGeld was in their merge, because other coins such as bitcoin suffered enough lag to earn less overall than if resources were not being spent trying to merge GeistGeld.

Coiledcoin is slower blocks, but have you noticed that it is using lots of RAM? I thought the RAM problem had been fixed across all the merged coins, including Coiledcoin?

Maybe some of you could take a look, see if it seems to you too to use lots of RAM?

It seems to use more than GeistGeld, yet GeistGeld has of course way the heck more blocks to process so shouldn't Coiledcoin be using less RAM than GeistGeld if both have the same RAM-usage fixes in place?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:13:34 AM

Back to all these merged coins being related...

Two less well known members of the merge family, coiledcoin and geistgeld, do not seem to currently be supported by any well known public merged mining pools thus have quite low difficulties, and monitoring them can be helpful maybe to the whole merged family because they might be able to show us potential problems before those problems start hitting the more-popular members of the family.

GeistGeld is the super-fast-blocks one, like crazy-fast blocks, so fast that just looking up an auxblock to give work to a miner can take long enough that no matter how many gigahashes the miner has it won't be able to increase the difficulty. The main original purpose of GeistGeld was to find out the practical limit on how fast blocks can be and still allow merging of many blockchains. It might be good to adjust its speed in fact, to try somewhat slower, since it seems clear that its current speed is too fast for any pools to consider supporting the coin. The pool ends up spending so much resources on trying to keep up with GeistGeld that it does not process other chains as fast as it otherwise could; mmpool once reported that the actual value mined was less in total when GeistGeld was in their merge, because other coins such as bitcoin suffered enough lag to earn less overall than if resources were not being spent trying to merge GeistGeld.

Coiledcoin is slower blocks, but have you noticed that it is using lots of RAM? I thought the RAM problem had been fixed across all the merged coins, including Coiledcoin?

Maybe some of you could take a look, see if it seems to you too to use lots of RAM?

It seems to use more than GeistGeld, yet GeistGeld has of course way the heck more blocks to process so shouldn't Coiledcoin be using less RAM than GeistGeld if both have the same RAM-usage fixes in place?

-MarkM-

Truly this conversation is getting interesting. I actually am not really familiar with any of the merge mined coins except ix. To hear of how fast GeistGeld is makes me very interested in it. Reminds me of the "flash"

So of the brotherhood of merged-mined sha256 bitcoin clones

we have ix and i0 the copies of bitcoin with fast minting rates,

ix being the bitcoin clone that has proven life after terminal mining,

i0 the bitcoin copy that is finally getting some new tech.

Gesitgeld, bitcoin with superfast blocks

Coiledcoin (besides what mark just said) my quick research led me to this post,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56675.msg675166#msg675166

IS it dead JIM?

And

Devcoin and groupcoin. I'm still researching these, but maybe this quote sheds some light.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67991.msg827744#msg827744

According to the readme file

Groupcoin is the precursor to devcoin, in which we tested
some ideas to fall back on in case we could not do what
we wanted devcoin to do.

Devcoin was described at

https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/wiki/Devcoin-Description

but the description has apparently since been moved to

http://www.devtome.org/wiki/index.php?title=Devcoin
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:22:27 AM

Now it seems to me like the brotherhood is running some great experiments here with bitcoin; Fast minting, faster blocks, minting forever..

I know there has been a heated argument over the 1MB blocks. Are all brotherhood coins using 1MB blocks or something different from that? Can the data from any of these coins be used to help with this discussion? I'm just curious.

Are there other copies/clones of bitcoin that are merge-mined that should be included in the list?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:26:58 AM

CoiLedCoin (CLC) was briefly attacked (about two or three days) by LukeJr but survived and has been chugging along ever since, albeit never seeming to get back onto any of the well known public merged mining pools.

I0Coin is not "finally" getting some "new tech", on the contrary it was the first of the merged mined coins to fix the "excessive RAM usage" problem, then the others adopted its fix.

I0Coin has 1.5 minute blocks or maybe 2.5 minute blocks or something like that, so was revealing the RAM problem faster than most of the other merged coins due to generating more blocks. It thus served as an early warning system showing the problem all the merged coins would start running into as the number of blocks they had generated increased over time.

Techically of course GeistGeld showed the problem massively and sooner, but fewer people were actually paying attention, in particular no large public merged mining pool was mining it, so it was not really until mmpool dropped I0Coin due to excessive RAM usage that people really started paying attention.

Even then, for a long time, there was a tendency to simply assume I0Coin and GeistGeld were buggy code, leaking RAM; so it was some number of months (of nice low difficulty mining of I0Coin for those willing to set up their own merged mining) before a programmer figured out what the problem really was and that all the merged coins would run into it as they created more blocks.

So really one can say that I0Coin came up with the important "new technology" and the other merged coins adopted it. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:26:53 AM

NaMeCoin came up with merged mining originally.

Maybe even the same guy or team that came up with NaMeCoin in the first place.

Basically I think NaMeCoin was the first alt and it was swiftly realised few miners would want to abandon one coin to mine another, or try to split up their hashing power between coins. Thus merged mining was implemented. The theory of it might maybe have already been out there though, I am not sure about that.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 07:38:45 AM

All the more reason to get into mining to support pools that do merged mining...

-MarkM-

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:52:43 PM

thanks mark for keeping me honest.  I think I got a little confused   Tongue when researching i0 and accidentally grabbed some info from io. (I edited that post so as to not confuse more people)

I noticed that cex no longer has the majority of hash on bitcoin anymore. Does this mean anything for ixcoin hashrate, positive or negative?
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:56:52 PM

Just got a reply from noashh

Hi, the project is going fine, thank you. The data we collected is at http://wiki.supernet.org/wiki/Bitcoin_rpc_compatible_coins.

Cheers
noashh

I just looked at the list and noticed that both ix and i0 don't have an ios wallet. Maybe this is a point where both communities can work together?

Did anyone ever follow up with noashh? Personally, I'm a big fan of the multidex and feel this would be an amazing exchange to get ixcoin onto.

Hi, I would like to know

Default RPC port
Minimum transaction fee
Estimated block time in seconds
daemon file
Exact spelling of the conf file with path for
Windows
Mac
Linux

for Ixcoin. Can someone help me?

WIll try to do as much as I can, off the top of my head... which means it could be wrong, however best shot:

The default RPC port is 8338

Min Tx fee, never really got worked on by me, pretty much standard bitcoin v0.9.3 code I think.  After our discussions months ago, seemed consensuses was to leave it as bitcoin v9 had done, allot of stuff changed between v8 and v9 there.   We can certainly work on hard coding something specific now, if that is what is wanted, I argued it should be enforced back then, although now we're really starting to taste the reason why we must move towards an enforceable minimum.

Estimated block time, hmm got me there, would have to look that up.  iX coin has ten minute block target times

the daemon file is called ixcoind.exe on windows and simply ixcoind on linux

Linux versions I now build, have a configuration directory path of /home/<username>/.ixcoin
...in which all the blockchain, wallet and ixcoin.conf (the config file) settings can be found.

On Windows versions, the config files are called the same name (ixcoin.conf), but the path to them varies, depending on which flavor of windex your running.

We don't have a v9 version for the Mac, that I know of.  And my latest attempts to build them here just failed last night, even with the latest version of bitcoin v0.10.99 depends.  Think that without an upgrade on my debian OS, the machine can't find dependencies new enough.   It will have to be done by someone else for now, I've gotta load a new OS, on another hard disk, before trying again, takes time.   Been working hard on getting darwin to build, but it's kinda complicated to build on a Mac for a Mac, and I'm trying to do it from a linux machine.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:47:52 PM

Ix and i0 neck and neck on coinmarketcap
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:57:01 AM

@ Thomas Nasakioto

Ixcoin, despite been a great idea, and merged mining a superb one, is still suffering for what you, you Thomas, have done.
In the last report about cryptocoins (feb 2015) the European Bank recommended to stay away from scam coins, specifically mentioning the premined ones.

You Thomas have created this coin on april 29 2011 but announced on aug 10 2011. You basically mined solo for more than three months, accumulating ~ 580k IXC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't know for sure how much you gave away in bounties. I can tell that probably only 50% of that coins have been distributed as bounties. People don't care if you spent that money already or you still have in unredeemed blocks.
You should distribute that coins through a faucet or a fair distribution. Donate them to charity! Do something! The stain you have impressed on this coin is killing it.
If you lost them, buy them on Vircurex (almost 500k available there) or Cex.

If Thomas was to give you control of pre-mine and you used it to pay devs then maybe this coin could take off again. For me personally, this coin has been tainted and it wasn't by Thomas. I have moved on.
All coins are a popularity contest and IXC has little to offer in this respect.
I wish you hardcore IXC supporters the best of luck and hope that you are not too badly burnt by the markets.
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:20:39 PM

@ Thomas Nasakioto

Ixcoin, despite been a great idea, and merged mining a superb one, is still suffering for what you, you Thomas, have done.
In the last report about cryptocoins (feb 2015) the European Bank recommended to stay away from scam coins, specifically mentioning the premined ones.

You Thomas have created this coin on april 29 2011 but announced on aug 10 2011. You basically mined solo for more than three months, accumulating ~ 580k IXC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't know for sure how much you gave away in bounties. I can tell that probably only 50% of that coins have been distributed as bounties. People don't care if you spent that money already or you still have in unredeemed blocks.
You should distribute that coins through a faucet or a fair distribution. Donate them to charity! Do something! The stain you have impressed on this coin is killing it.
If you lost them, buy them on Vircurex (almost 500k available there) or Cex.

If Thomas was to give you control of pre-mine and you used it to pay devs then maybe this coin could take off again. For me personally, this coin has been tainted and it wasn't by Thomas. I have moved on.
All coins are a popularity contest and IXC has little to offer in this respect.
I wish you hardcore IXC supporters the best of luck and hope that you are not too badly burnt by the markets.

Howdy jumbley,

I don't blame you about moving on. Ix project seemed interesting about a year ago when it was being advertised as "native" colored coins", a complete lie btw. The only interesting thing it has right now is that it and i0 are exact copies of bitcoin. Bitcoin a, b, c. Maybe one becomes like swift, one for everyday uses, and one for dust or whatever.

In reality, cex has ixcoin in a pair of golden handcuffs. Ixcoin code cant be updated till they allow it. Im curious if you have heard anything from cex about the testing in their sandbox? Or did they just get pissed from internet personalities and sloff it off? Regardless its not going to affect me, as a crypto watcher Im just curious.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: