Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do giveaway and service announcements belong here?  (Read 3417 times)
thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:28:54 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 06:10:09 PM by thebitcoinquiz.com

I have now seen quite a few giveaways on indian main board.
Sometimes zebpay is giving something. other times unocoin is distributing money(no offence to zebpay and uno).
I dont think they should be allowed in main board.

Also i have seen a lot of service announcements nowadays on the main indian board.

Shouldnt we create two new sections first one- "Giveaways" and the second one- "Service discussions and announcements" .
I guess theymos will be happy to create subsections if we guys want it.

So do tell do we need new sections or not? Cause service announcements and giveaways really dont belong here.

Looking for opinions of all the members, and specially waiting for benson's opinion.
Thank You.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:34:27 AM

I think giveaways in terms of bitcoins can remain in main board as we want as many people as possible to use bitcoin and if they get a helping hand to start their journey in bitcoin will be great. But that's my point of view.

But I do agree, something like we are selling this or that should go to marketplace.

I still believe service announcements should stay in main board as we do not have even 10 active business services in India.

Again my opinion may be biased as I run few services and everyone loves to be on the front page Smiley

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:45:37 AM

Sometimes zebpay is giving something. other times unocoin is distributing money(no offence to zebpay and uno).

Also i have seen a lot of service announcements nowadays on the main indian board.

Shouldnt we create two new sections first one- "Giveaways" and the second one- "Service discussions and announcements" .

So do tell do we need new sections or not? Cause service announcements and giveaways really dont belong here.

Looking for opinions of all the members, and specially waiting for benson's opinion.
Thank You.

Probably not enough announcements or giveaways to warrant a sub-section as yet.
Since this is quite a rare occurence, am good to allow till it gains more visibility or starts getting abused.

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:46:53 AM

I think giveaways in terms of bitcoins can remain in main board as we want as many people as possible to use bitcoin and if they get a helping hand to start their journey in bitcoin will be great. But that's my point of view.

But I do agree, something like we are selling this or that should go to marketplace.

I still believe service announcements should stay in main board as we do not have even 10 active business services in India.

Again my opinion may be biased as I run few services and everyone loves to be on the front page Smiley

Regards

I kinda agree with you , the main board have service announcement and Giveaway sections but in local INDIAN section we don't have as many people and thus main board hardly have much threads , so it's good here
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:55:25 AM

We could possibly move them to marketplace/ archive them, if there is no activity in these threads for a week.
thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:33:33 AM

We could possibly move them to marketplace/ archive them, if there is no activity in these threads for a week.
Well you cannot archive them for no activity. That would be a bit harsh.

Okay! Agree to you Benson. We don't have enough threads to make a new section out of them.
Services are although almost fine. But I don't like giveaways here, they don't seem to be nice on the main board, cause I think the main board is meant for discussion and not attracting newbies by throwing freebies, why not move them to main giveaway section?

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 07:36:43 AM

Okay! Agree to you Benson. We don't have enough threads to make a new section out of them.
Services are although almost fine. But I don't like giveaways here, they don't seem to be nice on the main board, cause I think the main board is meant for discussion and not attracting newbies by throwing freebies, why not move them to main giveaway section?

I think polynesia's comment does make sense in terms of the marketplace move. I can move Giveaways to the marketplace after a week or so.
I think most of the giveaways here are India centric, so not sure how effective it will be for the OP's on the main board.

thebitcoinquiz.com (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:41:13 AM

I think polynesia's comment does make sense in terms of the marketplace move. I can move Giveaways to the marketplace after a week or so.
I think most of the giveaways here are India centric, so not sure how effective it will be for the OP's on the main board.

Marketplace says- "General marketplace discussion" so yes,its fine to move them to marketplace, but they don't ought to be archived.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:26:39 PM

I wouldnt like that if I were hosting a giveaway. IF I were doing a GA here it would be to promote a business and lets face it our Indian section isnt really as active as it used to be 2 years ago moving things away from above the cover to under the cover would only reduce the number of views it gets. In the end its all about efficiency when it comes to looking up information here...

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

I wouldnt like that if I were hosting a giveaway. IF I were doing a GA here it would be to promote a business and lets face it our Indian section isnt really as active as it used to be 2 years ago moving things away from above the cover to under the cover would only reduce the number of views it gets. In the end its all about efficiency when it comes to looking up information here...

This is why I suggested that giveaways should be moved to the marketplace section, if there is no activity for a week.
Just reduces the clutter in the main board.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:31:32 AM

Could we allow the same for news articles? We can allow it in the main board and then move to the press & news section after 3-4 days.
I feel this would get the articles more views and (possibly) increase discussion.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 12:01:57 PM

Could we allow the same for news articles? We can allow it in the main board and then move to the press & news section after 3-4 days.
I feel this would get the articles more views and (possibly) increase discussion.

Am ok with this.

btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:49:15 AM

I would suggest removing  most of the subforums or alteast consolidating them. There is hardly any activity going on in subforums.
This way even the Main India thread will get more activity (which is very low these days)

routefire

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:32:44 PM

Thank You.

Huh?

The entire India board barely gets 2-5 new threads/day.

We should be talking about removing most/all India subsections, not adding to the list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: