Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Use Bitcoin as legal Tender? (U.S.)  (Read 1541 times)
Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 09:19:39 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 10:26:30 PM by Shazam!!!

It's been done in California...But how would regular people get
the ball rollin' in other states???

I've changed the title 3 times cause people are not understanding it.
I know Bitcoin is LEGAL!!!
I know what the idea behind Bitcoin is and I like the hell out of it!!!
I DO NOT Think Bitcoin should be overseen in anyway by the state/gov!!!

I would like to see my state follow in the steps of California to let Bitcoin be
accepted by the "mainstream"!!!

Hell the people in my town have never even heard of Bitcoin!!! Angry

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:21:22 PM

Canada one step ahead of the US...wow well done to them.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:25:04 PM

As far as I know, it's not illegal in any of the other states currently.
Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 09:30:40 PM

No its not Illegal to use. But if I wanna go to sears and purchase a new lawnmower
I can't use Bitcoin to do it.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:31:56 PM

Bitcoin shouldn't be legal or illegal. Governments tend to put labels on Bitcoin, because it suits them and because they want to control it.

If Bitcoin is suddenly legal pretty much nothing would change. If Bitcoin is suddenly illegal, people will start using it clandestinely, via obscure channels...

I'm not sure if legalizing is entirely positive, as governments tend to make laws that do not benefit normal citizens in terms of using Bitcoin. But branding it as illegal would be quite bad, as it would stop merchants from accepting it.

So there you have it, better not touch Bitcoin and let it live as it is Cheesy
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:32:13 PM

No its not Illegal to use. But if I wanna go to sears and purchase a new lawnmower
... then change your thread title, it is misleading and not correct. At the other user told, bitcoin is not illegal.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:36:09 PM

Then you need to ask the management of Sears to take Bitcoin. That's up to them, just like when it was up to businesses to decide to take payments from credit cards when they came out.
Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 09:38:01 PM

... then change your thread title, it is misleading and not correct. At the other user told, bitcoin is not illegal.

Done. Maybe that will help clear things up.

Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Then you need to ask the management of Sears to take Bitcoin. That's up to them, just like when it was up to businesses to decide to take payments from credit cards when they came out.

I'll do that. Thanx!!!

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:40:44 PM

Likely a bad idea. Bitcoin doesn't fall within US jurisdiction as its trans-national and thus doesn't need to ask for legal status to be granted to it. Everyone has a right to use the blockchain and interact with it as they see fit and we won't take kindly to those that limit its use or make attempts to attack it.

calfries

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:48:25 PM

Bitcoin doesn't need to be the actual currency used to purchase goods. You can always convert it into fiat and then spend it.
Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 09:52:32 PM

Bitcoin doesn't need to be the actual currency used to purchase goods. You can always convert it into fiat and then spend it.

Yeah I know...That's what I do now.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:53:41 PM

Done. Maybe that will help clear things up.

Thanks, now it is more appropriate. However I thought bitcoin will be never 100% adopted by the STATE and the various government. Because if they can't own it they don't "want it".
As always know, bitcoin isn't compatible with this type of democracy ... so much corruption , robbery,etc... The blockchain (instead) is , transparent and public much better then the actual economy system (based on this "democracy).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: