Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:22:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin says Russia's military strength unmatchable  (Read 4730 times)
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:03:42 PM

I remember watching a video of the military strengths of different countries. Russia was way behind, since they used all the old tanks from the wars, and their Budget is 1/10th of US Military budget
That's right most of their army consists of cold war projects later outfitted with new types of radars, night vision, countermeasures and so on. For example their main light vehicle BMP-1 came into production in the 60s and is still used as a platform for many different weapons and as a troop transport. Their main long range bomber  Tupolev Tu-95 was made in the 50s. The only thing Russia has the most in the world is nuclear warheads, but most of them are old and kept in a rusty pre cold war bunkers.

Oh, and let's not forget they have a whole 1 carrier! Italy and India have 2 and the US - 10 Cheesy What is funny they had 2 but sold one to China Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:17:00 AM

Soviet Union vs Putin's Russia = Same wine, different bottle

the two bottles might even come from the same factory
bcoinbilly

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:20:14 AM

This is why nuclear weapons, military, wars, and everything that can destroy people, land, countries, or even life itself - should all go away for good.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:21:58 AM

I remember watching a video of the military strengths of different countries. Russia was way behind, since they used all the old tanks from the wars, and their Budget is 1/10th of US Military budget

Just because the United States is having a $600 billion military budget, it doesn't mean that their armed forces is superior. Same type of equipment costs a lot more to manufacture in the US, when compared to Russia. Also, in some fields, the US is way behind Russia. For example, Russia is having the most powerful ballistic missile in the world (SS-18 Satan) and the best air-defense system (S-400 Triumf).
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:31:12 AM

SS-18 Satan
It can't be intercepted but actually it's not superior anymore. RSM-56 is way better.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:57:01 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 08:37:41 AM by Lethn

The only thing that I've learned about the state of readiness of the West and the East is that both sides are completely full of shit and that's what is preventing World War 3, yes, the U.S has advanced technology, but half the people there are too stupid to use it properly and the other half are aware of how dangerous it is and would never use it.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:11:33 AM

SS-18 Satan
It can't be intercepted but actually it's not superior anymore. RSM-56 is way better.

Bulava might be more advanced... but I am not sure whether it is reliable or not. There has been at least a dozen launch failures for this missile so far, with the latest failure occurring less than two years ago.

On the other hand, the SS-18 Satan gave USSR first strike advantage over the U.S.
tee-rex

Merit: 526

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:28:41 AM

That's right most of their army consists of cold war projects later outfitted with new types of radars, night vision, countermeasures and so on. For example their main light vehicle BMP-1 came into production in the 60s and is still used as a platform for many different weapons and as a troop transport. Their main long range bomber  Tupolev Tu-95 was made in the 50s. The only thing Russia has the most in the world is nuclear warheads, but most of them are old and kept in a rusty pre cold war bunkers.

First of all, Russia's main strategic bomber is supersonic Tupolev Tu-160 ("White Swan"), the fastest bomber out there, which was made in early 1980s (entering service in 1987). But this is not my point entirely. I'm always amused when people say about Tupolev Tu-95 as being old and decrepit... Here comes Boeing B-52 Stratofortress, America's super-modern strategic bomber from 1940s, which is still in service, lo and behold!
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

1:10 Budget doesn't mean nothing
If 1 USA soldier earns 3-4 more then a russian,
and usa made 1 plane Fxx 10x more expensive than SUXX

I don't think that real ratio is bigger than 1:2

IOTA
tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:12:40 AM

1:10 Budget doesn't mean nothing
If 1 USA soldier earns 3-4 more then a russian,
and usa made 1 plane Fxx 10x more expensive than SUXX

I don't think that real ratio is bigger than 1:2

Besides that, we should never forget about 700+ U.S. military bases spread across each continent with more than 2,500,000 personnel serving there. These bases make economical sense only under the U.S. dollar world hegemony (in fact, they serve to support it). As soon as this hegemony ends, all these bases will kill the U.S. economy pretty fast (just like the military expenditures finally killed the economy of the USSR).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:25:42 AM

One thing is for sure. If control of the military armaments that exist around the world, falls into the hands of insane people, with world populations as high as they are, we just might have the largest mass genocides the world has ever seen.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:50:45 AM

One thing is for sure. If control of the military armaments that exist around the world, falls into the hands of insane people, with world populations as high as they are, we just might have the largest mass genocides the world has ever seen.

Smiley

That will happen in 2016, when Hillary Clinton becomes the POTUS. First she will invade the DPRK. The next will be Iran. And the final target will be Russia, which will result in an all out nuclear warfare.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:56:53 AM

Smiley

That will happen in 2016, when Hillary Clinton becomes the POTUS. First she will invade the DPRK. The next will be Iran. And the final target will be Russia, which will result in an all out nuclear warfare.

A small correction. After (or before) she tries to invade Iran, she will be assassinated by CIA like Kennedy... Provided she becomes the president in the first place, which I doubt. I'm always lolling when I hear this abbreviation, sounds like fetus in a pot.

Though I agree that hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:36:48 PM

A small correction. After (or before) she tries to invade Iran, she will be assassinated by CIA like Kennedy... Provided she becomes the president in the first place, which I doubt. I'm always lolling when I hear this abbreviation, sounds like fetus in a pot.

It is almost 99.9% certain that she will be the Democrat candidate in 2016. And with the recent demographic changes, which have occurred in the past few decades, it is almost impossible for the GOP to win presidential elections anymore.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:50:22 PM

It is almost 99.9% certain that she will be the Democrat candidate in 2016. And with the recent demographic changes, which have occurred in the past few decades, it is almost impossible for the GOP to win presidential elections anymore.
This would be correct for direct voting... But I think you forgot that there is no presidential elections in the USA. President isn't elected by voters, he's appointed by the Electoral College. That's how Bush won 2000 presidential "elections".  Grin
tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:52:22 PM

I heard her say that she was not going to run for the presidency (as being too old and too tired of politics), though she might have been just flirting with her electorate.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

WWIII will go something like this, Russia pushes a button and instantly 48.5% of the worlds population drops then the US pushes a button and another 48.5% drop. The remaining 1% then beat each other to death with clubs made from chunks of plutonium scavenged from all the obsolete nuclear weapons.

Lord Rothchild then re-populates the world with miniature clones of himself.

this made me laugh !  : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:55:19 PM

I heard her say that she was not going to run for the presidency (as being too old and too tired of politics), though she might have been just flirting with her electorate.

Since when have you started believing what politicians say? Smiley
tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:22:24 PM

Since when have you started believing what politicians say? Smiley

I didn't say that I believed that she wouldn't run, I just mentioned that had heard her saying so. Obviously, she might have been playing a touchy.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:55:21 PM

Same propaganda as usual, Kim Jung Un does the same. "We are so scary, so many nukes". It's how things go, it's just an ego war.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: