Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:25:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with blockchain api_receive pls  (Read 507 times)
FFMG (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:45:24 AM

Hi,

I am trying to add a payment system to my page using blockchain, (https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive)

But the example they have on github does not work and even after a few tweaks it does not really seem to do the trick.
I am trying it on a local server, and I am reluctant to try it on a live server and/or press any button as there does not really seem to be a 'test' option.
I guess i could test sending from one address to another, but I then have to pay a fee for that.

In any case, am I right in saying that the steps are

1) Call the address "https://blockchain.info/api/receive?method=create&address=$receiving_address&callback=$callback_url"
That will give me another address to ask my potential customer to send me BTC to.
I then tell them to send me 1BTC to that address and hope they click on it.

2) If they pay, and they pay the right amount, I will, eventually, get a response to my callback address to show that all is good.
I will use some of my custom parameters to handle the transaction.
I response *ok* to indicate that I am happy with the transaction.

3) The BTC will be moved from the temporary address to my actual receiving address.

Is the above ok?

My concerns is how this works, I have an address telling the user to pay and hope they come back and they pay the right amount, but it would be better if there was a javascript equivalent where the user remains on my page or is redirected back to a 'thank-you' page while waiting for processing.

The example they have https://github.com/blockchain/receive_payment_php_demo does not work, maybe I am missing some settings, but as I said I am reluctant to just click to send payments.

Does anybody know where I can get a library/class to accept payment? I would like it to look professional for my visitors.

Thanks

FFMG

BTC : 1EQG1ZdThvkauvm2HBBWMvXTBBJQB5hfjG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bterproblems

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:57:47 PM

Hi,

I have the same problems! Did you find a solution?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: