Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I see politics.  (Read 2091 times)
neptop

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:55:17 PM

Yeah, it's kinda weird anyway. I mean you could say the same about democracy. Every democracy ultimately failed at some point. To make it simple. If there was no democracy in Germany at this time no Hitler could have been elected.

But that's not what it is about. Sadly puristic views lead to problems. You know, like the US would have failed if it was really democratic, China if it was really communist, ...

I often wonder how Cuba does it. How can it survive? They have critics in the country that vocally complain about things, but unlike China for example they aren't treated badly. They still have their huge awesome mansion for free, with free health care, free food, ... and are not being silenced at all. Now, that's not it. What I don't get is that they are sanctioned by the US which would ruin a lot of other countries. Still compared to their neighboring countries they are doing really, really well.

Well, I am not a communist. I like a few ideas, like people being on one level, but that's in no way what Cuba is about. They are an authoritarian dictatorship, so basically the exact opposite of that. Still there are a lot of people that don't just pretend to be happy (which also exists there (which is bad (dictatorship and so on))). So I sometimes wonder whether there is something that Cuba does or doesn't have that makes people happy despite being considered poor by the rest of the world.

That's also a philosophical question. If people are really(!) happy with something then wouldn't it be wrong to take that happiness even if it means there isn't some freedom. I guess the question is whether they'd really want it, but how could they know?

Related to this. Is it possible that "western" (what's often called "capitalist") countries or societies actually have a huge problem with grief that makes people unhappy? It's just because a lot of us don't know how they could be happy if they would have to live without electronics for example.

And to for the purpose of making a point. Humanity ten thousand years ago. They were also happy. They did lots of things that enabled us to have the research. It was later that stuff like slavery came up or the dark age. And stuff that's said to be good, like a long life. Does it really make happy? In general it somehow seems that people get more and more unhappy about stuff and also lose motivation, which maybe prevents us from getting further.

I don't have the slightest idea whether any of this is true and not even how to change it, but I am sure there are a lot of people here that would be willing to share their thoughts on this.

BitCoin address: 1E25UJEbifEejpYh117APmjYSXdLiJUCAZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:13:17 PM

I often wonder how Cuba does it. How can it survive? They have critics in the country that vocally complain about things, but unlike China for example they aren't treated badly. They still have their huge awesome mansion for free, with free health care, free food, ... and are not being silenced at all. Now, that's not it. What I don't get is that they are sanctioned by the US which would ruin a lot of other countries. Still compared to their neighboring countries they are doing really, really well.

Smugglers. It's only 90 miles from Key West, and not much farther from nearby island nations.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: