Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature contract ?  (Read 1324 times)
Bitcoin_BOy$ (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:29:14 PM

Hello alll,
 Why not thinking about a contract for the signature message . E.g : IF userX  register in Signature Campaign SigX
 There should be a contract that he can't change the signature message all this week ,,,
 This will be so nice and save alot of time for signature managers .

All respect ,
Bitcoin Boy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:32:23 PM

This forum is for Bitcoin, and shouldn't have to cater for the needs of signature advertising. That's up to the 'managers' of the signature campaign by using their own resources and tools to do so. Many probably already do this.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:41:43 PM

It seems a good idea in theory, but it will just encourage more spam than there already is. I personally use an Advert in my sig, but I don't think we should add features tailored specifically to the campaign. I agree with Welsh.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 09:44:41 PM

Hello alll,

Hi,

noticing your signature I wonder
#1 what are
#2 whether you missed this -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Why not thinking about a contract for the signature message . E.g : IF userX  register in Signature Campaign SigX
 There should be a contract that he can't change the signature message all this week ,,,

I assume you want this implemented in the board from the section you are posting in. I see at least two problems here. The first is what Welsh allready said: why should this be implemented while the staff keeps out of most other business? The second is: Many new campaigns allready run without escrow, but with an unchangeable signature for any amount of time this might give an incentive to play it shady.

So would be free cake.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Bitcoin_BOy$ (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:29:49 PM

Hello alll,

Hi,

noticing your signature I wonder
#1 what are
#2 whether you missed this -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Why not thinking about a contract for the signature message . E.g : IF userX  register in Signature Campaign SigX

I assume you want this implemented in the board from the section you are posting in. I see at least two problems here. The first is what Welsh allready said: why should this be implemented while the staff keeps out of most other business? The second is: Many new campaigns allready run without escrow, but with an unchangeable signature for any amount of time this might give an incentive to play it shady.

So would be free cake.

DIdn't understood #1 what are ?
and #2 whether you missed this -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
is it illegal to make a signature like that ?

Also this post is just a suggestion I didn't say it right to add signature contract .

All respect ,
Bitcoin Boy .
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

I don't think this would be a good idea. As mentioned above the forum generally does not get involved in business, although the admins do sometimes call out obvious lies in reference to the forum.

Also as mentioned above, this would make it very easy for the mangers of signature campaigns to get two free months of advertising, since they generally payout after the next payment period starts (and after when people need to reenroll), therefore participants could be locked into a signature campaign for one month, be waiting for payment, and then having to be locked into another month of advertising, then once a lot of people have locked into a second month would it become obvious they would not pay participants.

Additionally participants may run into situations where a site scams in the middle of a payment period (like dicebitc.in) and a lot of people would want to take down their signature to avoid advertising a scam. This is only one of many reasons why one may wish to take down/change a signature they are wearing.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:55:06 PM

-snip-

Thats how your signature looks to me.

and #2 whether you missed this -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

I tried to hint at a thread you might want to link.

Anyway back to topic.

Also this post is just a suggestion I didn't say it right to add signature contract .

All respect ,
Bitcoin Boy .

I assumed you posted this suggestion publicly in order to get others opinions.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:28:39 AM

Hello alll,
 Why not thinking about a contract for the signature message . E.g : IF userX  register in Signature Campaign SigX

All respect ,
Bitcoin Boy

there is no need or (imho) interest for forum staff to implement this since signature campaign managers can easily keep track of member signatures with a simple bot, which takes like 15 minutes to create, then just add every new member in its database and ure set.
i hardly think forum considers all campaigns to be something important enough to make such changes as you described.

cheers
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 07:56:15 AM

-snip-

Thats how your signature looks to me.

His computer support that character but ours doesn't and that's why I think, you aren't getting the answered you like to get.

I tried to hint at a thread you might want to link.

Anyway back to topic.

He created the sig for me and I have updated the link, he used old forum rules thread instead of new one(I maybe responsible for that). New sig : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=965643.msg10574604#msg10574604

I assumed you posted this suggestion publicly in order to get others opinions.

I think it isn't a good idea as this isn't what forum is for. It is just another thing going on this forum. If anybody like to create a public bot for checking, that would be better IMHO.

-MZ

taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:30:23 PM

I think I have to agree with the majority here. We're here to build a forum and not really cater to the signature campaigners.

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: