Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Large Quantitiy of BTC  (Read 2264 times)
zanzibar (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:28:20 AM

Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm looking to buy a large quantity (over time) with a trusted seller here.  I'd like to us paypal mycash.  I would absolutely want to use an escrow service, someone who could potentially deposit the mycash in their paypal account and then send the funds to the seller of BTC.  Not sure if that is asking too much of an escrow person, but would be worth it until I gain trust.  I'm willing to buy in increments of $500 with a 10% mark up (basically I send $500 mycash for $450 worth of BTC).  I'm not trying to do anything tricky or scammy, just don't want to register with an exchange and I have a lot of liquidity to buy BTC.  Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this work are welcome.  Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jorjito25

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:33:42 AM

Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm looking to buy a large quantity (over time) with a trusted seller here.  I'd like to us paypal mycash.  I would absolutely want to use an escrow service, someone who could potentially deposit the mycash in their paypal account and then send the funds to the seller of BTC.  Not sure if that is asking too much of an escrow person, but would be worth it until I gain trust.  I'm willing to buy in increments of $500 with a 10% mark up (basically I send $500 mycash for $450 worth of BTC).  I'm not trying to do anything tricky or scammy, just don't want to register with an exchange and I have a lot of liquidity to buy BTC.  Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this work are welcome.  Thanks.

Since PayPal is reversible will be hard to you find someone to be willing to accept ur request.
Try to find a different method.
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:18:56 PM

There is really no reason to advertise that you plan on buying large amounts of Bitcoin over time because that is something that cannot be enforced and in my experience is just something that people say to get better terms.

Secondly it is possible to buy PayPal my cash cards with (stolen) credit cards so it is far from a irreversible payment method. Therefore whoever is selling Bitcoin to you needs to trust you but has no reason to do so.
zanzibar (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:28:34 PM

Hey Guys/Gals,

Since PayPal is reversible will be hard to you find someone to be willing to accept ur request.
Try to find a different method.

My understanding is that Mycash is not reversible, especially if I buy using cash. 
zanzibar (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:36:03 PM

There is really no reason to advertise that you plan on buying large amounts of Bitcoin over time because that is something that cannot be enforced and in my experience is just something that people say to get better terms.

Secondly it is possible to buy PayPal my cash cards with (stolen) credit cards so it is far from a irreversible payment method. Therefore whoever is selling Bitcoin to you needs to trust you but has no reason to do so.

I stated my terms, which aren't in my favor, but thanks for your opinion.  Also, I don't know anything about buying mycash with stolen credit cards, but it sounds like that is a concern, so would probably need to find another method.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:43:23 PM

My understanding is that Mycash is not reversible, especially if I buy using cash. 

Most people around here stay away from mycash now. To many carders buying and selling them, some will go as far as saying they are cash bought and provide fake receipts. They've gotten good it at and it's hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for.

Assuming you are the one buying these cards and not just reselling, you're better off buying BTC through cash deposits at banks. You'll get more BTC that way too since you can drop the markup and still find sellers. WU and MG would be another option, drop the markup to cover the fees and you're good. Once you build up enough trust here you'll find it much easier to buy using other methods.
zanzibar (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:49:45 PM

Most people around here stay away from mycash now. To many carders buying and selling them, some will go as far as saying they are cash bought and provide fake receipts. They've gotten good it at and it's hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for.

Assuming you are the one buying these cards and not just reselling, you're better off buying BTC through cash deposits at banks. You'll get more BTC that way too since you can drop the markup and still find sellers. WU and MG would be another option, drop the markup to cover the fees and you're good. Once you build up enough trust here you'll find it much easier to buy using other methods.

Thanks buddy, agreed, looking around I now realize Mycash is not a good method. 
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:47:49 AM

what you mean by large quantity?
US marshals will put 50K BTC for sale
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960518.0;topicseen
Deadstock

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:32:33 PM

You buy the $500 codes from a carder for 65% don't try to fool anyone  Roll Eyes
zanzibar (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:51:55 PM

You buy the $500 codes from a carder for 65% don't try to fool anyone  Roll Eyes

Huh?  Anyway, the offer is no longer valid, I've found a different method for buying BTC without going through an exchange. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: