Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:28:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Mt.Gox and other exchanges are hacked by NSA?  (Read 1419 times)
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:47:12 PM

I read on an article that it takes 6 seconds or something so NSA can take control of our PC

If you're kind enough, can you kindly direct me to the article that you're talking about? I know bitcoin is comprise of the top coders and programmers but dude, 6 seconds to take your bitcoins greatly contradicts the security aspect of bitcoin.

How does one dude control your pc (or take away all of your bitcoins) in 6 seconds? Huh

I'am really not kidding , It's 8 seconds sorry for the mistake also here is the thread : http://www.01net.com/editorial/615864/huit-secondes-suffisent-a-la-nsa-pour-infecter-votre-ordinateur/

It's in french tho . you should translate it . Basically the title says "8 seconds are enough for the NSA to infect your PC" with their malware .

~ Madness

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:03:24 PM

It doesn't matter whether they were hacked by NSA, KGB, Chinese government, or other malicious scum. We need decentralized P2P exchanges either way.

This really sounds awesome but is too hard to implement

Easy to read but very difficult to implement. An exchange can say that they are decentralized, but it can't just happen. There should be some regulations made within an exchange and surely, a central authority should control it in order to make the regulations within the exchange happen. The markets are a free entity in the economy, but the exchanges aren't.

There have been many tried in the past , like darkwallet and all but i don't see a true Decentralized P2P exchange
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: