Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTT Bitcoins for MTGox Bitcoin Coupon  (Read 1239 times)
Valalvax (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:52:41 PM

I have 18.9536 Bitcoins on a MtGox coupon thingie, I've been trying unsuccessfully for about a week to get verified, that's taking too long, so I'm going to transfer to another exchange (at a loss), however, after buying back my Bitcoins, when trying to withdraw I get "invalid Bitcoin address" have reloaded the page, made sure there are no blank spaces, used multiple addresses, copied multiple times... /give up

Anyway, 18.9536 of your not MtGox Bitcoins for my MtGox Bitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:18:12 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2012, 07:28:54 PM by Stephen Gornick

when trying to withdraw I get "invalid Bitcoin address" have reloaded the page, made sure there are no blank spaces, used multiple addresses, copied multiple times... /give up

How about trying to enter it manually by retyping it (and not through copy and paste)?  There are some sites (e.g., Facebook) which will insert an unprintable character (#8203;) to cause a word break but that character doesn't show any visible indication that it is in there.  It has tripped up the bitcoin-qt client too, so a now it explicitly gets stripped out.
 - http://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1325

Is this possibly the problem?

Also, that error message used to happen with them when their backend had problems, but that was quite some time ago.  Perhaps they had a temporary issue?  You might want to try again.

Additionally, you can also withdraw bitcoins as a redeemable code too.  [Edit: Oh, I see, ... that's what you already are offering to trade.]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Valalvax (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:27:04 PM

when trying to withdraw I get "invalid Bitcoin address" have reloaded the page, made sure there are no blank spaces, used multiple addresses, copied multiple times... /give up

How about trying to enter it manually by retyping it (and not through copy and paste)?

That error message used to happen with them when their backend was problems, but that was quite some time ago.  Perhaps they had a temporary issue?  You might want to try again.

Also, you can also withdraw bitcoins as a redeemable code too.  [Edit: Oh, I see, ... that's what you already are offering to trade.]

Yea, couldn't remember what they were called, why I didn't just flip back to the tab with the code on it.. I no logic good Sad

Well... it did the check to see if I had enough Bitcoins (which it wasn't doing when I entered an actual invalid address) but then when I canceled the redeemable code and tried it it failed again, so I reloaded the page, typed it in again, same thing...

TLDR: Code still up, 1:1 transfer
mixmastermine

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:28:54 PM

I am able to do this. PM Me if you are still looking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: