Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:18:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin and Not a better improved crypto?  (Read 4658 times)
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:51:16 PM

And you don't even regret that you had a chance to sell at 1200$ and buy back at 300$?
Yes, just like I regret I didn't fill in the correct numbers on my lottery ticket.

Whatever, wisdom in hindsight is always easy.

I strongly believe in Bitcoin for the long term, so I'm in and I will stay in. I do not intend to *ever* sell ANY bitcoins. Instead, I just plan on actually living off them, paying all of my daily expenses, my rent, holidays, etc directly with Bitcoin. And rest assured, it's getting there sooner than people think.
I think also so. And I'm waiting anxiously for the day when we can pay all our bills using Bitcoins.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:00:52 PM

I think also so. And I'm waiting anxiously for the day when we can pay all our bills using Bitcoins.

You seem to gonna live forever...
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:05:34 PM

And you don't even regret that you had a chance to sell at 1200$ and buy back at 300$?
Yes, just like I regret I didn't fill in the correct numbers on my lottery ticket.

I strongly believe in Bitcoin for the long term, so I'm in and I will stay in. I do not intend to *ever* sell ANY bitcoins. Instead, I just plan on actually living off them, paying all of my daily expenses, my rent, holidays, etc directly with Bitcoin. And rest assured, it's getting there sooner than people think.
That might be too far from now. Let's face it, the adoption rate of bitcoin has gone slower since the recent price drops and bad pr. It may, yes. But it seems too improbable in the next coming years. Not sounding to be a pessimist but 10 years is a small time-frame to see any improvements in the adoption of bitcoin.
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

Bitcoin started and took so long to come this far and altcoins have copied them and hardly gotten any far , i would be surprised if any new alt makes it
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:03:27 PM

Bitcoin started and took so long to come this far and altcoins have copied them and hardly gotten any far , i would be surprised if any new alt makes it

They wont succed, thats the truth. If something is to replace bitcoin, it wont be some copy coin like every altcoin is.
Think about it, altcoins are doomed before they were created, simply because to proove that some coin can replace bitcoin means only that there will be yet another coin replacing that altcoin.
If that is ever to happen, whole crypto will collapse, and there will be 0 trust in it, forever.

cheers
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:08:14 PM

They wont succed, thats the truth. If something is to replace bitcoin, it wont be some copy coin like every altcoin is.
Think about it, altcoins are doomed before they were created, simply because to proove that some coin can replace bitcoin means only that there will be yet another coin replacing that altcoin.
If that is ever to happen, whole crypto will collapse, and there will be 0 trust in it, forever.

cheers
I wouldn't be so harsh on all altcoins, not to forget were Bitcoin came from in the first place. In the second place, there are some altcoins that proved to be around for quite long already, either because of the community support (e.g., Doge) or because of features (e.g., NXT) and I wouldn't completely rule out that out of that mass of altcoins there may be coming something that could be Bitcoin 2.0. Similar as it was with the web browsers, not so long time ago: everybody here remember Netscape or Internet Explorer and their position, say 10-15 years ago, and where they are now.

this space is intentionally left blank
j5d

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

Any new and improved Crypto now has to stand up to a test that Bitcoin never had to.

Bitcoin was an experiment that a couple of people were trying out and then they started using it as an exchange of value.

New Altcoin "insert name here" from it's genesis block is already cursed. Is there a pre-mine? Is it a scam? What is it's logo? Is it on any exchanges? Are there any mining pools? Who are the developers? Are any websites or stores accepting it as payment? Does it have it's own website? What's it's algorithm? Is it proof of work or proof of stake or proof of anything? Why is it any better than any other alt? Why even bother creating an alt? Have the bugs been ironed out? Is there a linux wallet? An android wallet? Are there any faucets? Is there a community? Does it play Doom?

Bitcoin never had to deal with any of this.

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:12:58 AM

No, the payment system is being built on Bitcoin, without an anonymous creator there will be plenty of trash and threats to the creator, too many new crypto's are pump & dump/premines. Bitcoin is viable and for anything like micro transactions or lower fees for third world nations Litecoin can take of that.

That makes no sense. Gavin Anderson, etc etc, are not anonymous, and to be honest, they contributed more to Bitcoin core than satoshi did orignally(Satoshi created this ingenius thing tho!). If anything, having an anonymous creator is bad for a coin.

Litecoin cant handle microtransactions or anything at all really, anymore than bitcoin can(its just a bitcoin clone). Its a failed coin.
Have you seen the shit thrown at everyone who is a developer for Bitcoin? Any new coin creator will have to have a spotless history, and I think Litecoin can handle micro transactions as it only has a 2.5 minute blocktime which is fine for small transfers while Bitcoin and large transfers would probably prefer the longer block times for security. That and I think most would like a blockchain to track transactions even for micro transactions then just off the chain.

Do you even know what microtransactions are? It has to do with blockchain bloat, not blocktime. Litecoin is just a bitcoin clone, and it cannot handle any sort of microtransactions...Litecoin is 100% useless. Pandacoin has more utility than Litecoin...
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:40:22 AM

That might be too far from now. Let's face it, the adoption rate of bitcoin has gone slower since the recent price drops and bad pr. It may, yes. But it seems too improbable in the next coming years. Not sounding to be a pessimist but 10 years is a small time-frame to see any improvements in the adoption of bitcoin.
I'm particularly hoping this comes to happen in the next 10 years (perhaps before, but difficult). Until then, I will follow what bitcoin has to offer.
(I do not hide from anyone, I am very optimistic)

Beymond

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:48:04 AM

cheers

Yep! never gonna happen
Beymond

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:49:47 AM

cheers
I wouldn't be so harsh on all altcoins, not to forget were Bitcoin came from in the first place. In the second place, there are some altcoins that proved to be around for quite long already, either because of the community support (e.g., Doge) or because of features (e.g., NXT) and I wouldn't completely rule out that out of that mass of altcoins there may be coming something that could be Bitcoin 2.0. Similar as it was with the web browsers, not so long time ago: everybody here remember Netscape or Internet Explorer and their position, say 10-15 years ago, and where they are now.
Though it is true some altcoins have made this far but we are talking about them competing with bitcoin , which is not possible
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:18:52 AM

Each one we have seen with better technologies have so far failed whether it was faster confirmation times, more secure, better anonymity and such. even when there is going to be another likely it will suffer the same fate as the others. Also as bitcoin gets stronger chances for new crypto to replace its position will be most unlikely.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:24:28 AM

I think that a new crypto will be developed and people will use it rather than bitcoin.

So far though.. Altcoins have been complete failures.

Better Bitcoin will be Bitcoin Smiley

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:41:12 AM

If something is to replace bitcoin, it wont be some copy coin like every altcoin is.

What gave you the impression that every altcoin is a bitcoin copy?
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:57:04 AM

Perhaps the fact that, some small technicalities aside, they all are?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:02:09 AM

Each one we have seen with better technologies have so far failed

Failed at replacing bitcoin? This process takes quite some time. Let's wait 20 years and we'll see.
Either bitcoin tech advances faster (which I hope, but doubt), or it will be replaced.

Imagine you wouldn't know cryptos and someone asked you for a choice. Would you use coin A with slow confirmaton times, bloated blockchain and controlled by big mining companies, or would you use a fast, slick, fully decentralized coin B with a lot more features.

Yes, the network effect is in favour of bitcoin, but if we assume that most crypto users are rational (may be too much to assume?), there will be a shift sooner or later.
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:05:48 AM

Damn I want to give back my Ferrari now, it's just a copy of the Ford model T.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:36:03 AM

Damn I want to give back my Ferrari now, it's just a copy of the Ford model T.
The differences between a Ferrari and a Ford Model T are:
1. not just some small technicalities
2. not something that current Ford owners could decide to instantly implement in their cars as well, free of charge

There is nothing that altcoins do or have, that Bitcoin couldn't do or have as well if we all want to.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:40:46 AM

Simply because Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that get mainstream. It also have lot of investor and adoption rate is very high.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:49:57 AM

You seem to gonna live forever...

That ain't true , we can buy alot from bitcoin directly , the days aren't far , maybe 10 years from now
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: