Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:42:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275848 times)
inyereye

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:25:59 PM

I was going to say... did you really think using "sprouts" while someone has an alt by that name already was a good idea?

Please consider changing that. It reeks of amateurism and is a cheap move. You either weren't aware of sprouts (doubtful as I've seen them discussed along with bitbean in several places) or didn't care about stepping on another altcoin's toes... either way, not a very smooth move on your part.

INVESTORS BEWARE: Do not buy in based on a wallet update that gives no real practical value to the coin, please scroll back through this and other threads and understand just ho9w sketchy the "dev" has been up until now before you become another bagholder.

If you understand the shady nature and lack of scruples shown by the dev, you can make some profit off bitbean but the wallet isn't an indicator of actual growth in and of itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:33:09 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 06:47:42 PM by BitcoinNational

"sprouts"
fine play on the idea but please realize this coin is branded as BITB
if you like "the BEAN" go with it too.

then only slightly suggest the "sprouts" ... in images okay ... but in name you run into confusion.

"DNS seeds added and DNS seeding enabled by default (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)"
you sure about that detail?

that said this project went from like a 1 to a 7 today ... not bad :/

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
CryptoWiz420

Activity: 564
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 08:30:43 PM

I was going to say... did you really think using "sprouts" while someone has an alt by that name already was a good idea?

Please consider changing that. It reeks of amateurism and is a cheap move. You either weren't aware of sprouts (doubtful as I've seen them discussed along with bitbean in several places) or didn't care about stepping on another altcoin's toes... either way, not a very smooth move on your part.

INVESTORS BEWARE: Do not buy in based on a wallet update that gives no real practical value to the coin, please scroll back through this and other threads and understand just ho9w sketchy the "dev" has been up until now before you become another bagholder.

If you understand the shady nature and lack of scruples shown by the dev, you can make some profit off bitbean but the wallet isn't an indicator of actual growth in and of itself.

Get PUNZ now
PUNZ: Making Crypto Great Again. Swap Many Coins To Punz, FREE!
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

the last entry on the forum is dated August 25, 2015, the forum is not active for about 2 months 
inyereye

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:11:06 PM

the last entry on the forum is dated August 25, 2015, the forum is not active for about 2 months  

Here's a good indicator: They offered a 100k bitbean bounty for a bitbean faucet and to also give 100k bitbeans to fuel the faucet. I recommended that cryptospout add it and even they wouldn't touch it it seems.

When you can't even get someone to put up a faucet, it is a sign you're doing things wrong.

Again, Bitbeaner aka Shawn Kent is the main issue, BeanCore needs to step up and take over, then this wallet release might actually be the start of better things. Otherwise this is just smoke and mirrors.

Edit: Even if Shawn stays involved in the background, as long as he isn't the primary decision maker, responsible for communication or putting together future roadmaps, i suspect things will improve.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:13:15 PM

well this coin has done nothing but disappoint me for a while now and now it says sprouts reminds me that I would rather have my money in sprouts

Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:41:54 PM

Where is the coin control !???
Gazzatron

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:14:09 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 12:58:53 AM by Gazzatron

As you can see the Windows binaries are available. Anyone requiring help on building the wallet from source, please don't hesitate to post your issues here as Windows builds are not straight forward. The wallet source builds are lacking grossly with most (nearly all) coins requiring many mods to the coin source to get it building successfully with Windows (including the old source of BitBean). The BitBean 1.1 source provided will build the wallet successfully for a correctly set up 32 bit development environment. The base requirement are:

Mingw
boost_1_59_0
db-5.3.28
openssl-1.0.1j
miniupnpc
qrencode-3.4.4
zlib 1.2.8
QT 4.8.6

There are a number of mods to do, both to Mingw and Qt. As a base 'how to', roughly refer to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0 describing building bitcoin. Obviously you will replace the compiles of the dependencies in this guide with the ones provided above and the final wallet build is done from msys using the following commands from the bitbean source directory:

qmake "USE_UPNP=-" "USE_QRCODE=1"
mingw32-make

Remember the Qt used to build the BitBean wallet has to be 4.8.6.

Happy compiling Smiley

Gazzatron

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:25:10 AM

This release contains a lot of 'under the hood' modifications and is the base for future development of the Bean wallet. Better coin control is one close to my heart and I will be championing this feature update to be in the next release.

Gazzatron

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:34:31 AM

Regarding the Windows wallet build (and linux) I would recommend compiling all these prerequisites from source including Qt. This will ensure a stable development environment. Obviously the Mingw is a straight forward download, unpack and setup.
inyereye

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:27:33 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 02:50:16 AM by inyereye

Pssst, Gazzatron, oh great head of communication and community relations.

Nobody is talking about the new wallet... In case you didn't notice. There are more... pressing issues to address.

I thought Bitbeaner was in charge of lying to and ignoring his community, or are you just splitting that responsibility now?

Just saying.

For starters you could address the hijacking of the term sprouts from another much better managed all coin named...  sprouts.  Maybe you should champion changing that before coin control which has been available in the old wallet all along and really isn't an issue or even a relevant feature.

It took me only a couple hours using Google to figure out how to enable coin control in the old wallet,  instructions that would have been nice in say....  the wiki that bean core was supposedly putting together 4 months ago.

TimSweat

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

TimSweat

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:24:08 AM

I really thought this coin died months and months and months ago . Like a few weeks after the dumps happened . Guess I'll have another look and see if its worth grabbing a few.

TimSweat

Activity: 392

TimSweat

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:26:48 AM

Nevermind , I forgot it only had a short POW , then pure PoS.

TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:00:25 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 06:12:11 PM by TeamBean

Looking at a comparison of BitBean-Vault and Sprouts-Wallet, I see no resemblance what-so-ever, with BitBean the new Digital Crypto-Currency, and "Sprouts" the coin.

The BitBean Wallet (being re-branded as a "Vault") synchronizes and loads it's block chain (that can hold up to 20MB per block)--without a config file or manually adding any nodes.
Sprouts on the other hand, is unable to connect to it's network and load anything and is limited to a maximum of 1MB block sizes.

BitBean has an active, dedicated development Team invested in BitBean for the long haul, that just updated it's wallet a day ago.

BitBean's SPROUT, is a monetary unit of BitBean, representing 1,000 BitB (BitBeans--the number of BitBeans given as a reward for a 'staking' block on the BitBean network). The concept of a monetary unit called "SPROUTs" for BitBean, originated back in April 2015, long before 'Sprouts the Coin' existed. Bean Core has an extensive and long-term vision for BitBean. An updated RoadMap will be published soon.

Best Regards,

Shawn Kent,
Lead Developer
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-Currencies!"

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 06:00:03 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 08:01:33 PM by TeamBean

Looking at a comparison of BitBean-Vault and Sprouts-Wallet, I see no resemblance what-so-ever, with BitBean the new Digital Crypto-Currency, and "Sprouts" the coin.

The BitBean Wallet (being re-branded as a "Vault") synchronizes and loads it's block chain (that can hold up to 20MB per block)--without a config file or manually adding any nodes.
Sprouts on the other hand, is unable to connect to it's network and load anything and is limited to a maximum of 1MB block sizes.

BitBean has an active, dedicated development Team invested in BitBean for the long haul, that just updated it's wallet a day ago.

BitBean's Sprout is a monetary unit of BitBean, representing 1,000 BitB (BitBeans--the number of BitBeans given as a reward for a 'staking' block on the BitBean network). The concept of a monetary unit called "Sprouts" for BitBean, originated back in April 2015, long before 'Sprouts the Coin' existed. Bean Core has an extensive and long-term vision for BitBean. An updated RoadMap will be published soon.

Best Regards,

Shawn Kent,
Lead Developer
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-Currencies!"

And for those that need further clarification...

"Bean sprouts are the tender edible shoots of germinated beans. Most people are familiar with mung bean sprouts in particular, but a wide assortment of seeds, nuts, grains, and beans can be sprouted. Their slightly crunchy texture and sweet flavor makes them a popular addition to an assortment of dishes. Because sprouts have become a common ingredient, many grocery stores carry them, and they can also be prepared at home.

Mung bean sprouts originate in Asia, where they have been made and used for thousands of years. Cultural diffusion led to the appearance of sprouts in other places and in other cuisines, and intrepid cooks began sprouting all sorts of things to add to their food. In most cases, they can be used raw or lightly cooked, and they should be used as quickly as possible. If they are going to be cooked, they can be frozen for up to three months.

To sprout beans, soak them in water and then place them in a warm dark place to stimulate germination. The sprouts should be regularly rinsed as they grow, and within a few days, small edible shoots should have begun to appear. These shoots must always washed before use, and they are typically used while they are still short. Longer sprouts tend to get more woody and bitter. Exposing the sprouts to sunlight will cause them to start photosynthesizing, which will make them pale green."

--http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-bean-sprouts.htm

Beans for the long-haul! Get some BitBeans and start sprouting today!
No cryptic config file and searching for addnodes to add....
Download, Unpack and Run! It's that easy...

"BitBean, A Crypto-currency - Decrypted and Easy Enough For the Average Person to Use"

http://www.bitbean.org/downloads/BitBean-qt_win32.zip
http://www.bitbean.org/downloads/BitBean-qt_win64.zip

BitBeans Available on These Fine Exchanges:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BITB
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/BITB_BTC
https://yobit.net/en/trade/BITB/BTC

Bleutrade:
− BTC Market: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BITB/BTC
− LTC Market: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BITB/LTC
− DOGE Market: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BITB/DOGE

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Cheers!

Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
inyereye

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:17:00 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 06:27:12 AM by inyereye

Recommendation: Do your homework before buying bitbeans

Full disclosure: I hold over 200k bitbeans and it is against my personal financial gain to advise as I am, however I believe it would be ethically wrong to remain silent and let him pump the coin based on an overdue wallet release.

The scoop:

- Bitbeaner, AKA Shawn Kent has repeatedly lied to both myself and others I know about reasons for delays and delivery dates for promised development work over the last 6 months. This includes statements such as "New release will be this weekend or the weekend after (2 months ago), and "I'm delaying release just to let other members of Team Bean buy before it goes up (about 4 months ago). The second message in and of itself shows questionable ethics and is the equivalent of insider trading (had it been true, since the release never came and still hasn't, it was about the Android wallet).

- Bitbeaner created his Bitbeans from a fork off the original bitbeans and claimed to have the password to the original Github repository. It later became evident he did not, at which point he grudgingly admitted he had the password to his new bitbean github, not the original.

-There was a bounty offered for the creation of a Wiki for bitbeans. Due to having had a really hard time getting information about things like best amount of beans for optimal staking and how to enable coin control in the original wallet, I offered to put a Wiki together and claim the bounty if it met their needs. I was told Bean Core was already working on it 5 months ago, they must be really slow, it would have taken me a day or two to have a preliminary Wiki up.

- Bitbeans have no practical use, the technology behind them is decent, but you can't spend them anywhere except exchanges. Volume on those exchanges has dropped significantly.

- Bean Core membership requires you hold 5 million bitbeans and make a "mandatory donation" of 100k bitbeans to "Team Bean". It is very likely that even if you join, Shawn Kent and the other existing members of Bean Core will always have a bigger say than you as they have a head start on holding and staking that you wouldn't want to spend enough to beat.

- Despite offering a 100k bitbean bounty and 100k bitbeans to fuel it, nobody has taken them up on even putting a bitbean faucet into play.

Recommendation:
- Wait for the new roadmap and wait at least three to six months to see if he manages to actually deliver on promises. Push for transparency and don't tolerate delays or lies.

- Read back through this thread and others, make sure you know the shady history and legitimate complaints against Bitbeaner Aka Shawn Kent.

Bitbeaner claims to support a "community", but has flat out alienated many of those who saw potential. Do not let this wallet update fool you, there is still no practical purpose to the bitbean and Shawn Kent has a lot of work to do to regain trust and prove he can act both ethically and professionally in respect to his Bitbean venture.

As for your logic to using the term  sprouts, bottom line there's still another alt using the name, even if you thought of it first, you should change what you call the 1k bitbeans to avoid confusion. This is just another example of the poor decision making and lack of professionalism Shawn Kent is becoming known for.

Shawn, ignoring your lies and how you have treated the community isn't going to work. I am happy you finally have these wallet releases out, but it will take far more to recover from your previous actions.
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:24:39 PM

Please go vote BITB to be added to CoinPayments!! So we can spend them.... Come on guys.. Go Vote!!
inyereye

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:56:41 PM

Please go vote BITB to be added to CoinPayments!! So we can spend them.... Come on guys.. Go Vote!!

One of the best ideas yet and it has nothing to do with Bitbeaner or the Bean Core.  Nice work S3V3NH4CKS!

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:58:32 PM

One of the best ideas yet and it has nothing to do with Bitbeaner or the Bean Core.  Nice work S3V3NH4CKS!

This coin has been running itself for a long time, We have had very little help from the dev team from the start, the fact the price is still hanging around here is surely not cause of the devs

TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 02:41:46 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 04:11:33 PM by TeamBean

Recommendation: Do your homework before buying bitbeans

Full disclosure: I hold over 200k bitbeans and it is against my personal financial gain to advise as I am, however I believe it would be ethically wrong to remain silent and let him pump the coin based on an overdue wallet release.

<snip>

Really? "Full disclosure"? You own a measly 200k of BitBean?! "Full disclosure"...why don't you start by telling us what coin you really support? 200k is nothing more than a 'piss in the wind'! It is obvious to me you don't care about BitBean and you don't care about this community, or you wouldn't be working so feverishly to tear it down!

If you don't share our enthusiasm and care for the vision of BitBeans...

Get out! Get your shit and get out!

https://youtu.be/w96oTapYTKk

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: