Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275850 times)
inyereye

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:00:46 PM

Recommendation: Do your homework before buying bitbeans

Full disclosure: I hold over 200k bitbeans and it is against my personal financial gain to advise as I am, however I believe it would be ethically wrong to remain silent and let him pump the coin based on an overdue wallet release.

<snip>

Really? "Full disclosure"? You own a measly 200k of BitBean?! "Full disclosure"...why don't you start by telling us what coin you really support? 200k is nothing more than a 'piss in the wind'! It is obvious to me you don't care about BitBean and you don't care about this community, or you wouldn't be working so feverishly to tear it down!

If you don't share our enthusiasm and care for the vision of BitBeans...

Get out! Get your shit and get out!

https://youtu.be/w96oTapYTKk

Hi Shawn,

This kind of reply only proves my point. Instead of addressing your past lies and putting yourself in a position to move forward, you decide to attack someone who was previously and still has the potential to be a strong supporter of your crypto.

For your information, I was a solid supported and even evangelized the beans to many others who hold my opinions and analysis in high regard. At the time, you were delivering on promises and I had no reason to believe what you were telling me and others were lies. I am in contact with many who hold a significant amount more beans and feel partially responsible for them being bagholders since my advice to invest turned out to be so wrong.

I also held a significantly higher amount of bitbeans than I do now, as a matter of fact, at one point I held the 10th richest bitbean wallet and was considering joining your BeanCore. I sold off a significant portion and advised those I work with to do the same when your lies and misinformation became clear, I also gave you the benefit of the doubt far longer than I would most of the time.  Many others were stuck, and I don't think anyone would penalize me for seeing through your lies and selling before I lost a significant investment. The first warning sign for me was, as I have said, when you told myself and many others you were simply delaying the release of the android wallet to let insiders buy more. The fact you saw nothing wrong with that was a definite red flag, still you were openly disclosing it to many so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I want to make this perfectly clear, the fact I am posting here is because I still see potential. I still share some of your vision for the future of bitbeans. Whether this is possible depends entirely on your behavior and whether you continue to lie, manipulate and miss deadlines at the expense of those you invite to join your "community". I could buy my way into the BeanCore tomorrow should I believe it to be a sound investment, and could be a great ally, but not while you continue to ignore and hide from your past deceit.

Shawn, I get that you're angry after working on this wallet update and not getting the pump you invariably wanted from it. You were probably counting on the pump for some revenue to keep moving forward, and rightly so. However you need to realize that not everyone in crypto is a newbie and not everyone will stay silent and benefit from artificial pumps at the expense of others.

Deal with your past and work to make up for it. Be honest with the community you want to build. A hundred community members holding 200k bitbeans can be just as powerful as one big bag holder joining your BeanCore and bring skills and abilities to the table you can benefit from. Insulting me and resorting to immature temper tantrums is not going to work, it only reinforces my warnings to anyone with half a brain.

Thank you for proving my point. I honestly wish you hadn't, and instead realized that there is a better way to move forward. You're only hurting yourself and the BeanCore here when instead you could be doing so much more. I'm not the enemy, I'm just holding you to task for your past actions.

You could have PMed me at any time and actually discussed why I feel the way I do, and found ways to address the issues, instead you attack me in your own public thread when it becomes obvious that ignoring me will not work (and darn if you haven't tried hard on the ignoring part).

Here are some things I can guarantee you:
- I will not go away and let you rope in more investors to let down until you grow up and take responsibility for your actions.
- I will not unfairly attack you, I only bring up legitimate issues with your communication and management
- I will not put down the potential of the bitbean, only the weak and immature management and lack of professionalism.

You don't need to be perfect, but you do need to be significantly better. This isn't a vendetta, this is pushing you to do the things you need to do to actually bring bitbeans up.

Now put on your big boy pants and work on solving the problems you have made for yourself, most of the issues wouldn't even be a big problem if you hadn't tried to lie and deceive, the problem now is you've damaged the  one thing you had going for you - trust.

I try not to discsuss other coins in this thread, mostly out of respect for you that maybe I shouldn't worry about, but since you asked what coins I can fully support, one example would be BTCD. Go see how a responsible crypto management team handles communication and treats their community, even the smallest holders. There are other examples too, but honestly I'd rather focus on what YOU need to do to grow the beanstalk.

I challenge you to be and to do better, and this is about building a stronger community and a stronger crypto currency that isn't based on pump and dumps to truly realize the potential of the bitbean. I offer you my help free of charge and have many suggestions that may help you move forward, but I will not pay to help you dig out of your hole. Even after all of this, all you have to do is ask.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FBCTorg

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:30:38 PM

Hi! If you ever need to start giveaway pls consider our forum
https://freebitcointalk.org/altcoin-giveaways/
You can add coin ANN on this board:
https://freebitcointalk.org/altcoin-directory/

inyereye

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:31:59 PM

Community,  speak up please.  My voice is only one and if you agree and are looking to make more than a quick buck off a pump and dump coin it is important you call Bitbeaner out now and push for better management.

Bitbeaner,  I have worked much with sales and marketing and can tell you now that the way you treat your smallest investor is just as important as the way you treat your partners.  That comment about me only currently holding 200k bitbeans is going to be read by many who would start with small investments and look for change before investing more and you are basically telling potential investors not to bother.

One last olive branch here. If you want to edit your post or remove it I will edit mine to remove references to what you said.  Hopefully you understand I am not the enemy here,  just a smart and educated individual with good business sense.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 09:11:57 AM by BitcoinNational

Looking at a comparison of BitBean-Vault and Sprouts-Wallet, I see no resemblance what-so-ever, with BitBean the new Digital Crypto-Currency, and "Sprouts" the coin.

The BitBean Wallet (being re-branded as a "Vault") synchronizes and loads it's block chain (that can hold up to 20MB per block)--without a config file or manually adding any nodes.

Shawn Kent,

BitBean Wallet (being re-branded as "the Bean Vault")
Stick with the bean ... please don't forget the bean.

BitBean is the brand ... "the BEAN vault" is also a clever nickname.

Yes sprouts is a little 'associated with' beans via the words "bean and sprout" ... but it is not a big deal ... and that other coins brand is more associated with the word 'seeds' specifically seeds turning into sprouts.

So please be careful with brand as it is because it is mostly perfect as it is.

Now the next step in having a solid tech management team, aka devs.

All in all I think BITB is a very good wallet/algo/network.  And I am impressed with the new version.  Not much more is need other than maintenance and minor updates ... BITB may never need a fork ... that is awesome.

Next is just to get a bit smarter and more educated on the topic of the business of building up the brand (marketing) which brings new sprouts of growth to the BEAN community.

Where I see concern, as an outsider and potential investor is that the management team, aka devs, seem unskilled in customer realations/sales/marketing.   Post #927 is an absolute violation of even loose expectations of a community manager, and requires swift response.  

Delegate the non-tech tasks to others with good business and social senses.

Drop the 'insider club' pump-n-dump approach.  What worked in the past won't work in the future.  Get mature.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
StakeBox

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

I would also like to chime in here. I think that inyereye raised some very valid points that should be addressed, not just ignored. Your response, telling him to "get your shit and get out" is wholly inappropriate. We are all human, we all screw up. What sets us apart is some of us have the ability to own up to our mistakes, apologize, make things right, and move on. Hopefully you, Shawn Kent, can be one of those people, that is the type of dev and community leader this coin needs. If you want to bring more investors into the fold you will need to change your current M.O.

I see a lot of potential with this coin, we have a network with a 20MB block size that functions perfectly. Now instead of hyping your investment in actual beans with all kinds of silly pictures, go and figure out how we can put that 20MB block size to good use and I think you will see people begin to sing your praise, rather than call you out for your misdeeds. Once you have a track record of setting and achieving goals feel free to post all the pictures of your breakfast, or pantry, or whatever.

Maybe get us that updated roadmap we were told would come, but don't set goals you can't keep. If the next thing you complete won't be for several months be honest about it. If you get something done ahead of schedule, that's much better than months behind, with constant promises of soon, or next week.

I hold over 4 million BITB, not that that should make a difference, but I'm just throwing that out there since you foolishly seem to care more about those with a sizable holding.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:15:18 PM

I would also like to chime in here. I think that inyereye raised some very valid points that should be addressed, not just ignored. Your response, telling him to "get your shit and get out" is wholly inappropriate. We are all human, we all screw up. What sets us apart is some of us have the ability to own up to our mistakes, apologize, make things right, and move on. Hopefully you, Shawn Kent, can be one of those people, that is the type of dev and community leader this coin needs. If you want to bring more investors into the fold you will need to change your current M.O.

I see a lot of potential with this coin, we have a network with a 20MB block size that functions perfectly. Now instead of hyping your investment in actual beans with all kinds of silly pictures, go and figure out how we can put that 20MB block size to good use and I think you will see people begin to sing your praise, rather than call you out for your misdeeds. Once you have a track record of setting and achieving goals feel free to post all the pictures of your breakfast, or pantry, or whatever.

Maybe get us that updated roadmap we were told would come, but don't set goals you can't keep. If the next thing you complete won't be for several months be honest about it. If you get something done ahead of schedule, that's much better than months behind, with constant promises of soon, or next week.

I hold over 4 million BITB, not that that should make a difference, but I'm just throwing that out there since you foolishly seem to care more about those with a sizable holding.

Thank you for the positive tone and encouragement. As you can tell, I take issue with those who do not share our enthusiasm and care about BitBean! Anyone who wants to attack BitBean or those in Bean Core who are making sacrifices and investments to see it succeed -- can leave! I won't sit back idly while myself and members of Bean Core are personally attacked.

"Beans Stick Together!"

Yes, we are behind schedule. It is mainly due to a lot of family issues I've had to contend with during the months of May through July. However, now that many of my family issues are behind, I am getting back on track and so is Bean Core! Bean Core is just now getting off the ground, getting energized and has some real good symmetry going. We have members who are stepping up to the plate and making things happen...this is the start of a really great Team! (This is more important news than the release of the Updated 'Wallet'!) . We have been making a lot of sacrifices and investments in BitBean during the last several months. A lot of planning and developments are happening behind the scenes, that won't be manifest until they are ready.

The Linux binaries will be out next, then the updated 'RoadMap'!

Thank you again for some positive words and encouragement. Many of us are making great sacrifices, of time and money to see BitBean succeed!

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!"

Warm Regards,

Shawn Kent
Lead Developer,
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-Currencies!"

P.S.
For those that want to offer me 'words of wisdom', my ear is most of the time available in our IRC channel on Freenode (#bitbean & #teambean). In addition, I am available via email:  admin@bitbean.org

A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books.

--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No doubt, there will still be those who will choose to continue to berate BitBean and it's development team in public to manipulate the price down, so they can buy in cheap.   Embarrassed

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:14:15 PM

Fair enough.  Moving forward.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
inyereye

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:24:25 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 04:40:31 PM by inyereye

Thank you Shawn.  That post was the most sensible thing I have seen in a while. Please realize that the quality of your communications is important and my hesitation lies in having been misled by you previously. I wouldn't still be here or care if I didn't see serious potential for bitbean and for you.

I understand personal and family issues and applaud you for putting them first. I am excited to hear about the Bean Core becoming more active.

I have to admit,  your lack of response and blatant disregard for legitimate concerns had me frustrated but only because those things are real barriers to taking the Bean where you want it to go. With this wallet release and no real responses a dressing those issues I felt it important to speak up,  you are asking people to invest real money in your venture and they deserve to know any risks based on past actions.

Note,  I never told people not to invest,  simply to inform themselves first. I will be watching closely over the next few months and hope your actions reflect your statements,  at this point that will play a key role in rebuilding trust.

For your information,  here are the reasons I didn't simply drop all interest in Bitbeans.  I understand we in crypto live in a world of FUD and trolls,  hopefully you understand I am interested in neither.

-Block size huge asset to have the 20mb block size already it positions Bitbeans well to compete.
- Speed - the beans are definitely fast
-Bean Core concept.  This is huge,  but only if properly executed. I understand it takes time to build.
- Dedicated dev.  I have an issue with you lying to me,  that is not an attack,  simply a fact,  I have a hard time taking new information you give because of it,  but mistakes can be forgiven with time and proof of change. Still it is obvious you are committed to the success of Bitbeans and I am glad you are back and communicating.
- POS -  I really liked the concept you had to prioritize staking to active wallets and hope the new wallet release allows you to explore that path.

If you read my posts as attacks,  I apologize,  but you have work to do before I can have the same confidence in you that I once did. It also is not a personal attack when you lied to me and others I work with on multiple occasions,  something you have not denied.  I believe this is fair.  If you want to truly realize your tag line "Bitbeans leading the way for mass adoption of crypto"  (something I believe strongly in) ",  you need to make sure you have the right priorities and build the trust of the community both inside and outside the Bean Core.

I look forward to more progress and remain a believer in the potential,  but urge you to keep working to rebuild a seriously weakened community.

I am here because I do care.

You can't fault me for being skeptical,  pump and dumps and ripoffs are rampant in crypto even amont those who are seemingly trustworthy. You have a heavy burden which isn't entirely caused by your actions but that you must recognize and find ways to overcome.

Bean on.
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 06:57:29 PM

Thank you Shawn.  That post was the most sensible thing I have seen in a while. Please realize that the quality of your communications is important and my hesitation lies in having been misled by you previously. I wouldn't still be here or care if I didn't see serious potential for bitbean and for you.

I understand personal and family issues and applaud you for putting them first. I am excited to hear about the Bean Core becoming more active.

I have to admit,  your lack of response and blatant disregard for legitimate concerns had me frustrated but only because those things are real barriers to taking the Bean where you want it to go. With this wallet release and no real responses a dressing those issues I felt it important to speak up,  you are asking people to invest real money in your venture and they deserve to know any risks based on past actions.

Note,  I never told people not to invest,  simply to inform themselves first. I will be watching closely over the next few months and hope your actions reflect your statements,  at this point that will play a key role in rebuilding trust.

For your information,  here are the reasons I didn't simply drop all interest in Bitbeans.  I understand we in crypto live in a world of FUD and trolls,  hopefully you understand I am interested in neither.

-Block size huge asset to have the 20mb block size already it positions Bitbeans well to compete.
- Speed - the beans are definitely fast
-Bean Core concept.  This is huge,  but only if properly executed. I understand it takes time to build.
- Dedicated dev.  I have an issue with you lying to me,  that is not an attack,  simply a fact,  I have a hard time taking new information you give because of it,  but mistakes can be forgiven with time and proof of change. Still it is obvious you are committed to the success of Bitbeans and I am glad you are back and communicating.
- POS -  I really liked the concept you had to prioritize staking to active wallets and hope the new wallet release allows you to explore that path.

If you read my posts as attacks,  I apologize,  but you have work to do before I can have the same confidence in you that I once did. It also is not a personal attack when you lied to me and others I work with on multiple occasions,  something you have not denied.  I believe this is fair.  If you want to truly realize your tag line "Bitbeans leading the way for mass adoption of crypto"  (something I believe strongly in) ",  you need to make sure you have the right priorities and build the trust of the community both inside and outside the Bean Core.

I look forward to more progress and remain a believer in the potential,  but urge you to keep working to rebuild a seriously weakened community.

I am here because I do care.

You can't fault me for being skeptical,  pump and dumps and ripoffs are rampant in crypto even amont those who are seemingly trustworthy. You have a heavy burden which isn't entirely caused by your actions but that you must recognize and find ways to overcome.

Bean on.

I want to acknowledge I have read your post. Much work to do indeed! We can use all able-bodied Beaners with a positive "can do" attitude, that share our enthusiasm and vision for BitBean!

Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

Allforone

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:47:25 PM

Good seeing you are still here are you working on the wallet also?

ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:06:47 PM

Glad to see work still being done... I've had some of these here Beans happily staking away since earlier this year and I'd like to see this not go the way of so many other coins. Cheers boys.

EDIT: Just reading back over some of the recent posts and for the record the "If you don't like what we're doing, you can take your shit and get out attitude" will invariably lead to a toxic environment. I see these posts from TeamBean and I see a mix of dedication to the project but also snippets like that. You know who was really famous for saying stuff pretty much exactly like that? Josh Garza. And you can see how well that turned out for him. Mark Lyford of BANX also routinely says things along those lines, and his latest venture to scramble for cash while his ICO is delayed into perpetuity, is running a "Blockchain-backed physical lottery" somewhere in the Carribbean and soliciting investors to back it.

The problem is once you adopt that attitude, you're dismissing potentially valid concerns and/or ideas for improvement and that's not good. If someone cares enough about your coin to be angry or upset about aspects of it, that's EXACTLY who you need to be listening to, because they're already invested and involved and have the potential to either evangelize or discredit your project to others. There's even a poster in this thread who saw the early potential of BitBeans and recruited investments from a lot of other folks. That's PRECISELY who you should NOT be telling to pack up their shit and go home. From a technical perspective this coin has some great features, but technical limitations aren't what kill most new cryptos. Let's hope these last few sane posts are the beginning of a new era. BitBean obviously has community support and to keep it, the core team will need to be more willing to listen first and respond appropriately.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:30:39 PM

Good seeing you are still here are you working on the wallet also?

Yes, I've helped out regarding the design of the wallet, mostly regarding the new icon set. I hope to work on the next wallet again but this time with a completely facelift (new GUI) but that will be done at the right time. Cheers!
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:38:47 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 03:56:16 PM by TeamBean

Glad to see work still being done... I've had some of these here Beans happily staking away since earlier this year and I'd like to see this not go the way of so many other coins. Cheers boys.

EDIT: Just reading back over some of the recent posts and for the record the "If you don't like what we're doing, you can take your shit and get out attitude" will invariably lead to a toxic environment. I see these posts from TeamBean and I see a mix of dedication to the project but also snippets like that. You know who was really famous for saying stuff pretty much exactly like that? Josh Garza. And you can see how well that turned out for him.

Mark Lyford of BANX also routinely says things along those lines, and his latest venture to scramble for cash while his ICO is delayed into perpetuity, is running a "Blockchain-backed physical lottery" somewhere in the Carribbean and soliciting investors to back it.

<snip>

"..Josh Garza"?!

Ouch! ..that's way off base and I really take offense with that!

The quote comes from the 2013 Movie:  JOBS (aka, Steve Jobs...the founder of Apple, one of the most successful computer companies in the World!)

Steve Jobs:  Everything is a pressing issue, if we want to make the vision for Lisa a reality...
we got to put in the hours and make something great.

Programmer:  but we have a hard date on this software..I'm sorry, but adding pretty fonts is not going to change that..

Jobs:  if you don't share our enthusiasm and care for the vision of this company..

Programmer: no no..I'm not understanding..

Jobs:  get out..

Programmer: What?

Jobs:  Get your shit and get out! Your done.

Programmer: What, are you going to fire me?

Jobs:  No.I already fired you, why are you still here?

Division Lead: He was the best programmer in our division..

Jobs: He's the best programmer that dosn't care about our vision..

--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcrM5SRCQw

There is a right place for constructive criticism and I am willing to listen with an open ear.  inyereye used to frequent our IRC channel, and had a one-to-one opportunity to communicate with me directly there, but instead, he chose to spew his vitriol in a public forum where it would hurt BitBean the most, meanwhile playing 'peek-a-boo' (coming in and leaving right away, repeatedly) in our IRC channel (#bitbean on Freenode)  -- like a little boy.

I have little patience for those that want to play games.

This is all I'm going to say on this matter here. If anyone wants to communicate with me directly, please do so in our IRC channel on Freenode (#bitbean) or via email:  admin@bitbean.org

inyereye

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:56:08 PM

Bitbeaner,

. When I did talk directly to you on IRC,  you lied. Not once but on multiple occasions. I do tend to pop on and off IRCbut mainly because I am busy and much of my work prohibits me from spending extended time on IRC these days. The few times I did reach out recently the channel was dead quiet for hours and your autoreply said you weren't there.

. I also checked bitbean.org frequently and even you have ever to admit it has been mostly abandoned since August if not earlier.  Despite my discontentment and concerns I still took time to propose bitbean to a major faucet when you put out the call.

In a vacuum of your communication and with distrust I took to this public forum as a last ditch effort and to prevent what looked exactly like the common pump schemes.

I haven't seen that Steve Jobs s movie,  and haven't owned an Apple device since I worked for Apple but can appreciate the quote more now. Out of context,  it is seriously just bad image and a really poor response in a public thread.

FYI,  that somebody TehPwner mentioned is me and several other substancial holders are also people I brought to the Bean.

let's move forward,  I WANT you to prove me wrong.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:04:52 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 11:04:01 PM by ThePhwner

EDIT: Just reading back over some of the recent posts and for the record the "If you don't like what we're doing, you can take your shit and get out attitude" will invariably lead to a toxic environment. I see these posts from TeamBean and I see a mix of dedication to the project but also snippets like that. You know who was really famous for saying stuff pretty much exactly like that? Josh Garza. And you can see how well that turned out for him.

Mark Lyford of BANX also routinely says things along those lines, and his latest venture to scramble for cash while his ICO is delayed into perpetuity, is running a "Blockchain-backed physical lottery" somewhere in the Carribbean and soliciting investors to back it.

<snip>

"..Josh Garza"?!

I don't care if it's a quote and Josh Garza both in person and in forums said things exactly like that. If you don't like the comparison, don't make yourself sound like Josh. Simple as that. Movie quote or not, you said something childish and myopic to one of your biggest supporters. When this coin was at its peak, inyereye was your biggest champion, and you told him to pack his shit and leave. Doesn't matter why you felt you needed to say it, and believe me, his motives definitely were NOT to do damage to Bitbeans... he had a fuckton of them and it wouldn't make economic sense for him to devalue his own assets. And whether or not you agree, you're the leader in the BitBean community and it does fall to you and be the bigger person and smooth things over when your investors have issues.

And there's no reason for you to know this, but inyereye has gained the trust of a significant number of folks in the crypto world and he's someone I'd like to have on my side for any project, and by that same token, I wouldn't want him feeling shitty about anything with my name on it either.

If you take offense with being compared to Joshie, don't behave like him. It is that simple. I think people would buy a comparison of you to Garza more than they would Steve Jobs...

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:31:34 PM

<snip>

"..Josh Garza"?!

The quote comes from the 2013 Movie:  JOBS (aka, Steve Jobs...the founder of Apple, one of the most successful computer companies in the World!)

Steve Jobs:  Everything is a pressing issue, if we want to make the vision for Lisa a reality...
we got to put in the hours and make something great.

Programmer:  but we have a hard date on this software..I'm sorry, but adding pretty fonts is not going to change that..

Jobs:  if you don't share our enthusiasm and care for the vision of this company..

Programmer: no no..I'm not understanding..

Jobs:  get out..

Programmer: What?

Jobs:  Get your shit and get out! Your done.

Programmer: What, are you going to fire me?

Jobs:  No.I already fired you, why are you still here?

Division Lead: He was the best programmer in our division..

Jobs: He's the best programmer that dosn't care about our vision..

--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcrM5SRCQw

There is a right place for constructive criticism and I am willing to listen with an open ear.  inyereye used to frequent our IRC channel, and had a one-to-one opportunity to communicate with me directly there, but instead, he chose to spew his vitriol in a public forum where it would hurt BitBean the most, meanwhile playing 'peek-a-boo' (coming in and leaving right away, repeatedly) in our IRC channel (#bitbean on Freenode)  -- like a little boy.

I have little patience for those that want to play games.

This is all I'm going to say on this matter here. If anyone wants to communicate with me directly, please do so in our IRC channel on Freenode (#bitbean) or via email:  admin@bitbean.org

Just because its a quote from a movie doesn't make a difference.  Saying get your shit and get out can be used in everyday context as an insult you can't just say ohh its from a movie so its all right.  I'm sure most everything people have ever spoken has been in a movie at one point or another. 
Allforone

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:30:29 AM

gain trust back by putting in good work

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:06:46 AM

+bump

it is the best way and only way

leave the swagger, bravado, and macho talk for IRC

here we need project goals, community organizing, and updates on the wallet and network

----
here's a community project
get listed on cryptopia ... cryptsy reeks of NOPE!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

(secret to winning is voting on Mon-Tues and then pressing all week if you can get an early lead) Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 04:52:17 PM

+bump

it is the best way and only way

leave the swagger, bravado, and macho talk for IRC

here we need project goals, community organizing, and updates on the wallet and network

----
here's a community project
get listed on cryptopia ... cryptsy reeks of NOPE!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

(secret to winning is voting on Mon-Tues and then pressing all week if you can get an early lead) Wink

I agree, Cryptsy has become a less friendly place for Beaners. I recommend buying BitBeans at Bluetrade:   https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BITB/BTC
They are the newest exchange to add us, and have BITB/DOGE and BITB/LTC trading pairs as well!

Having Bitbeans on another exchange like cryptopia would be great!

Cheers!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: