Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275850 times)
TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 06:58:36 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 07:57:50 AM by TeamBean

Bean Core Is Pleased To Announce The Release Of
BitBean-qt v1.1.0.0RC (Release Candidate) For Linux

These are the the first working Linux binary distributions of the BitBean Wallet, since the the BitBean network went live on February 13th., this year! The 32-bit release will work on older systems that don't have SSE2 support, such as the Athlon XP processors.

To take advantage of the stunning beauty of these new wallets, it is recommended to run them on Linux Mint or other Linux distributions that utilize the KDE desktop environment. KDE itself is built using the Qt framework, the same that is used to build BitBean-qt.

The wallets are available for immediate download for Linux 32-bit and Linux 64-bit architectures:
http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

Mac OS X and Android Wallets will follow.

Improvements and Changes for v1.1.0.0RC:

• removal of zerocoin from code base
  • removal of IRC from code base
  • DNS seeds added and DNS seeding enabled by default (no more bitbean.conf or addnodes needed to sync)
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk1.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk2.bitbean.org*
  • New BitBean DNS server node: stalk3.bitbean.org*
  • updated hard nodes (backup to DNS seeding)--previous wallet had no hardnodes--at least not BitBean ones {sigh}
  • New GUI Theme (no more ugly boring basic grey)
  • Completely new images and icons
  • Newly developed animated syncing icon
  • fixes to dialog windows and missing icons
  • New Gradient Tabs
  • New Context Menu
  • Support for Unity Global Menu
  • compile time errors and warning fixes
  • customization of source and preparation for inclusion of Bitcoin as a side chain
  • New network statistics overview
  • Updated checkpoint
  • New 5 BitB 'recommended' transaction fee
  • New monetary unit: SPROUT = 1,000 BitB
  • New monetary unit: NOKAT = .00000001 BitB
  • New contact & support info added
  • Improved network connectivity
  • Updated fonts
  • QR Code Support added with fixes
  • Numerous other "under-the-hood" changes and improvements

Source Code is available:  https://github.com/TeamBitBean/bitbean-core

*Servers are operated and maintained by Bean Core (www.bitbean.org).

The following are some screenshots showcasing the new Linux Wallet running on Linux Mint 17:

Send Beans

We now have QR Code support in the wallet!

Updated Options Window

New About Window:

This is just a sample. Get the New Linux Wallet and explore the beauty of the new BitBean Wallet for yourself on Linux, and start Sprouting some BitBeans!

http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inyereye

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:52:15 PM

If I ran a bitbean wallet, I'd be firing that up right about now. Instead, I keep my beans at coinwallet.co where I can hold like a dolphin but stake like a whale until I regain more confidence. I've bought a bit more since Shawn started talking more reasonably, looking forward to what comes next. You've got some momentum started here, now keep it going!

Looking forward to the roadmap so we can have a better idea what your priorities are to take bitbean forward. Think underpromise and overdeliver to start making up for the last roadmap that led straight into a lake, it's taken you months to pull the beanmobile out and get it running again Wink

Bean on!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:03:24 PM

QR Code support

- a must so glad to see that.
- messaging / irc stuff not real important (memory hogs) but if it is in there leave it, i like payment 'memo' option that both parties can see ... so it is a toss up on resource usage vs. features.
- colors are pretty Wink

random request/suggestion:

public address directory, so like a seed node coded in (or some kind of conf file edit), that lists all community members addies/names.  reason fun & convenience ... will aid in tipping down the road too.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:41:17 PM

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

(ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one)

We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell.
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown.
The final countdown

Oh!

We're heading for Venus (Venus)
And still we stand tall
'Cause maybe they've seen us (seen us)
And welcome us all, yeah.
With so many light years to go
And things to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so.

It's the final countdown...
The final count down [2x]

The final count down
Oh!

It's the final count down
The final count down [2x]

It's the final count down
We're leaving together
The final count down
We'll all miss her so.
It's the final count down.

Oh!
It's the final count down.

https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
inyereye

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:01:09 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 02:18:31 AM by inyereye

You really need to rethink your marketing urges, I know you seem to be getting things back on track but when you post stuff like this with no context the first thing I think is "The Final Countdown to 0 Sats".

Good intentions perhaps but... maybe not the best reference?

Hopefully this isn't the "Final Countdown", and it will be followed by many more to come.
Crypto Latino

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:32:08 PM

nice!! to see stuff done bring out the mac and android wallet and ill dropp some btc!
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:58:43 AM

nice!! to see stuff done bring out the mac and android wallet and ill dropp some btc!

Thank you for the positive and encouraging words! This is what motivates us in Bean Core to continue on and develop BitBean into something great!

Warm Regards,

Shawn Kent,
Lead Developer
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-currencies!"
www.bitbean.org

TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 08:10:43 PM by TeamBean

Hey Shawn, nice work on the new wallet.

Looks a lot nicer.

Any chance we can get bitbean listed on presstab.pw? I really like that site and it lists all the POS coins and I really think bitbean should be on there. Also, I can't find an equivalent set of sites for bitbean as the ones listed on the front page are very out of date.

Besides, I want to see where I am in the richlist Grin

I think presstab said you would need to pay a nominal fee of like $7 a month for bandwidth or whatnot but I'm not sure.

Thank you for the nice words. I can't take all the credit as it was a Team effort among Bean Core members.

Regarding adding BitBean to presstab.pw, this would perhaps best be a community project. Bean Core already is committed to supporting the network and maintaining 3 servers as well as other services.

Two of the explorers linked at our front page will show you a richlist:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!rich
&
http://www.blocktree.io/richlist/BITB

Other than richlist, what other information are you looking for from the blockchain?

Sincerely,

Shawn Kent
Project Manager & Lead Developer,
Bean Core, Team Bean, and BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"BitBean, Leading the Way for Mass Adoption of Crypto-currencies!"

P.S. Currently the pressing matter is to keep BitBean on Bittrexx, as it has been signaled to be delisted if volume does not average .2BTC per day for a seven day period preceding October 30.

Getting some more volume on Bittrexx should be our #1 priority as a community right now!
https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BITB

Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:24:35 PM

took a year but we are finally seeing improvements

inyereye

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:10:52 PM

I'll shoot some volume over at Bittrex, surprised more aren't on there already with Cryptsy gouging on the withdrawals lately.
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 12:44:14 AM

BitBean was born on February 13, 2015. We're only 8 months in and we have nearly 4 months to go before we celebrate BitBean's 1st. birthday!

Meanwhile, I expect that we will see much of the existing roadmap completed before then.

Cheers!

inyereye

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:05:44 PM

BitBean was born on February 13, 2015. We're only 8 months in and we have nearly 4 months to go before we celebrate BitBean's 1st. birthday!

Meanwhile, I expect that we will see much of the existing roadmap completed before then.

Cheers!

Looking forward to the new (or revised)  road map,  is an Android wallet still in the plans?  Lots of people have old Android devices lying around and if they are capable of staking it'd be a nice low power alternative to running a computer or laptop 24/7. Using less power would make staking bitbeans even more green to boot!
StakeBox

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:38:36 PM

Cheers!

Looking forward to the new (or revised)  road map,  is an Android wallet still in the plans?  Lots of people have old Android devices lying around and if they are capable of staking it'd be a nice low power alternative to running a computer or laptop 24/7. Using less power would make staking bitbeans even more green to boot!

In the absence of a staking android wallet, the StakeBox at StakeBox.comis a low energy consuming, 24/7 staking alternative.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
inyereye

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:42:26 PM

In the absence of a staking android wallet, the StakeBox at StakeBox.comis a low energy consuming, 24/7 staking alternative.

Thanks, I've been looking at the stakebox, but am more interested in a staking Android wallet from the perspective of reusing existing devices and giving Beaners a way to contribute to the network easily using hardware they already own. I do have one on my xmas list for Santa to consider though, just have to be good enough for him to bring one over Wink
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 07:15:08 AM

BitBean's Official Currency Symbol Has Been Chosen, for Point of Sale Transactions.

For backwards compatibility with Point of Sale hardware (that supports Codepage 437: 00DF/225), Bean Core has chosen the following symbol to represent values denominated in BitBean:

ß

This is comparable to the symbol $ (Codepage 437:  0024/36) that is used to represent values denominated in USD notes of debt.

BITB still remains the Ticker symbol that is used to represent BitBean on exchanges.

inyereye

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:32:12 PM

BitBean's Official Currency Symbol Has Been Chosen, for Point of Sale Transactions.

For backwards compatibility with Point of Sale hardware (that supports Codepage 437: 00DF/225), Bean Core has chosen the following symbol to represent values denominated in BitBean:

ß

This is comparable to the symbol $ (Codepage 437:  0024/36) that is used to represent values denominated in USD notes of debt.

BITB still remains the Ticker symbol that is used to represent BitBean on exchanges.

Congratulations, now that you've selected the most obvious symbol, looking forward to a roadmap showing where you're planning to make it possible to spend these bitbeans Smiley

I'm going to keep pushing for updates and progress that matters, this one is just more fluff dude. Keep at it, looking forward to seeing where you take it now that the difficult part of selecting a symbol is done!

On the more constructive side: Can you maybe find someone from the BeanCore to help you with the arduous task of updating bitbean.org? I mean you don't even have the new wallet release in the news section, it looks abandoned and should be the most up to date and current place to check for updates to bitbean.
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 01:26:48 PM

Big Announcement Coming...

We are now over 999 Million BitBeans in existance!

When we hit 1 Billion BitBeans, we will have a BIG Announcement!

Stay tuned to our Twitter (@BitBeanCoin) and other social platforms for it.

TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 04:03:56 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 03:35:36 AM by TeamBean

inyereye

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:54:30 PM

Just to be clear is this the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?

Was really hoping for something meatier than a giveaway aka: more fluff.

Giving away bitbeans and drawing more attention to the fact there are 1 billion bitbeans out there still with no practical purpose or places to spend them is not really a smart marketing move.  

How does this build value or work towards your stated goal of "leading the way for the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies"?

You should have given the 1 mill to someone with good marketing and business management skills who can help you work towards the stated goal. A giveaway that will likely be dumped back into the markets and drop price further seems like another weak tactic.

After the announcement of the POS symbol,  some of us were hoping you'd found somewhere to make the bitbeans practical,  goods or services which will accept bitbeans as payment,  perhaps.

This doesn't bring more people with real funds to invest to the table,  you need to focus on your stated goal and stop trying to build a relevant currency with unsubstantiated hype.

Give those of us with funds to invest a reason to BUY 1 million bitbeans,  That would be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 01:06:04 PM

congrads with 1B!! but how many coins all ?  1B or more? - i see what POW still to go!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: