Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275848 times)
cryptoburst61

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:38:27 PM

Hello everyone

Is the new bitcash wallet being released in this month still? I not see any update on the new release for a while now and like to know if it still being released along with the new name change. It will be hard for me to get used to the new name change because I used to bitbean. I hope the new change help the price go over 100 satoshi again.

We are still working on it.  There have been some technical issues (bugs) that have arisen with some of the updates, so we are working to resolve those.  

The name change was added onto the already pending release to minimize any disruption.

We appreciate the communities patience while we sort these issues.  

Once we are fully satisfied with the quality control/testing and resolution of any issues, we will release.  We do think we are getting close...

thank you for the answer, i will wait patiently for the new developments of this good coin. i hope when this new developments are released the price go back up over 100 satoshi. This is where i think the price should be for a coin like bitbean. it was a good idea to put the name change on the pending list for now because it was starting to cause some confusion with people.

Just to clarify, the name change will occur when the current sprint (the release we are working on now) is completed.  However, the old wallet will still work.  The name change will not affect functionality.  Expect to see the name changing on exchanges, but if you elect to keep your old wallet running for now, it will still work.  That being said, the upcoming release will incorporate changes that improve Bean and make adoption easier.

The name change must occur, because a company called 1 on 1 Development has decided to trademark the name and use it for their company/DBA name.  They have very deep pockets and expensive attorneys, so rather than try to fight them in the courts, which would take a lot of money and a lot of our time away from working on improving the Bean, the Bean Core Board of Directors decided to opt for a name change while trying to maintain our identity to the crypto community.

I understand now thank you, i think i will just keeping sprouting with my old wallet and when i know everything is finished with the new wallet i will download it and start using the new wallet. I see i not earn much from sprouting now because it look like the weight goes up a lot from before. More people are now sprouting so i have to buy more bitbean to grow my weight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteBeard

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 03:41:04 AM

I understand now thank you, i think i will just keeping sprouting with my old wallet and when i know everything is finished with the new wallet i will download it and start using the new wallet. I see i not earn much from sprouting now because it look like the weight goes up a lot from before. More people are now sprouting so i have to buy more bitbean to grow my weight.

Now is a good time to buy more.  The price of bitcoin has dropped and bitbean remains fairly stable against bitcoin.  

The increased weight is indicative of increasing health of the network.  There are more nodes in more parts of the world now than there have ever been!  You can see the current positioning of nodes at this cryptoID link (click on the 'Geo-location' button).

WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 04:04:38 AM

Someone trademarked "Bitbean"? That's proves why "intellectual property" and copyright laws are the bane of the free market.

WOW. Agreed.

Yup!  I couldn't agree more...

It could not be a coincidence.  A simple google search would have shown them the name was already in widespread use.

You can see their filing here: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87254305&docId=OOA20170307175940#docIndex=0&page=1
You can scroll through the various pages by using the 'next doc' button on the top right of the page  or by using the page chooser under 'document description'.

laalex323

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:09:46 AM

please help ive been searching for answers but have had no luck. I try to open my bitbean wallet but it always says there is an error. it says blkindex.dat error
Gazzatron

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:46:15 AM

please help ive been searching for answers but have had no luck. I try to open my bitbean wallet but it always says there is an error. it says blkindex.dat error

This error is due to the wallet not being closed cleanly. Clear out everything in your Bitbean folder except for your wallet.dat (and bitbean.conf but no so
necessary) then restart your wallet, this will re-sync the wallet. If you wish to have a bit of a shortcut on the sync'ing process refer to the Bean website
for instructions on downloading a snapshot of a previously sync'ed database.

**** Save you wallet.dat before deleting anything, preferably in multiple places for security (USB stick, other place on your disk etc.) *****

locthiennguyen49

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:48:23 AM

- Go to C:\Users\%YourWindowsUsernameHere%\AppData\Roaming\BitBean

- Keep only file wallet.dat and delete all file + folder

- Go to http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

- Download file Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!

- Extract file to C:\Users\%YourWindowsUsernameHere%\AppData\Roaming\BitBean

- Run Wallet again
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:10:03 PM

Make a windows search for "%appdata% to locate the "roaming folder". Inside this folder, you will find
the folder for "bitbean".

Inside this folder, find first the file "wallet.dat". MAKE a copy of this file and save it elsewhere... in tase
this is a back up of your wallet.
Then, DELETE all files of this folder EXCEPT the wallet.dat, and if you have one the .conf file.

Then, find in this thread a recent "bootstrap file" and install it INSIDE this folder.
Unzip it to have the files directly in this folder.

Now, restart your wallet. It will start to sync and all should be fine for your wallet.

Hope my guidance is clear ;-)

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

cryptoburst61

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:35:47 AM

I have a question about my active connections, a few week ago my active connections was over 20 and now i only have 9 active connection to the network. Why my active connections go down when i leave my wallet open 24/7 and not shut down my computer? do i need to do anything to get my connections back up?
viparmenia

Activity: 146

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:28:31 PM

I have a question about my active connections, a few week ago my active connections was over 20 and now i only have 9 active connection to the network. Why my active connections go down when i leave my wallet open 24/7 and not shut down my computer? do i need to do anything to get my connections back up?

Check your router for port forwarding.
And if you are using Bitcoin.conf to list the nodes for connections update it using the actual node list from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!network

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE created by people changing the world and unchaining money for freedom and privacy

Do not support Premined ANTI-coins like $XRP $XLM $ADA $TRX $IOTA killing FREEDOM of money
joessj4

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:45:33 PM

How do you do port forwarding on the router?
cryptoburst61

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

And if you are using Bitcoin.conf to list the nodes for connections update it using the actual node list from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!network

Thank you for the help but i not know how to do this port forwarding with my router. What i must do to set this up and get more connections to the bitbean network because i not have a .conf file in my bitbean app data roaming file. i thought we not need this .conf file any more with bitbean?
WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:31:50 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 10:50:48 AM by WhiteBeard

Thank you for the help but i not know how to do this port forwarding with my router. What i must do to set this up and get more connections to the bitbean network because i not have a .conf file in my bitbean app data roaming file. i thought we not need this .conf file any more with bitbean?

You need to read your routers documentation, but, generally, if you log into your routers interface, you should find a section about 'forwarding' (some routers list it under 'gaming' or 'ports').

• Enter 22460 in the section(s) (some routers have 2 places to enter this number for internal (local network) and external (internet) ports) for which port to open.
  • Set TCP for the type of port ('BOTH' or 'ALL' will work as well but not necessary).
  • Save and close...

That's it!

You are correct the .conf file is no longer needed, because of the DNS seeder nodes.  However, a few 'addnode=' statements in a .conf file may speed up locating initial connections.  I am still studying this, so I am not saying conclusively that it helps, but it seems to in some situations.

greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:54:37 PM

You can find all information you need at this site.
https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm
Btw, you don't have to set a static address for your local computer.
Just assign an ip address from somewhere in your router - Lan - DHCP.
Also make sure to allow traffic from your security software.
WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 03:20:24 AM

NOTE:  The given information here is only valid for Windows 10, but is good information to know. 

Leave it to Microsoft to complicate something as simple as a port forward!!  Roll Eyes

Leass

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:06:19 AM

NOTE:  The given information here is only valid for Windows 10, but is good information to know. 

Leave it to Microsoft to complicate something as simple as a port forward!!  Roll Eyes
Guys what is good weight to start staking now? 100k will be ok to get stake in... let say 10 days?
How much beans should i have to get stakes everyday?

viparmenia

Activity: 146

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:31:21 PM

Guys what is good weight to start staking now? 100k will be ok to get stake in... let say 10 days?
How much beans should i have to get stakes everyday?
With 150k Beans you can get up to 3000 per Week for example https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2aTQrMzQh7VN57uJowNLaR6xVjSz5258mU.htm

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE created by people changing the world and unchaining money for freedom and privacy

Do not support Premined ANTI-coins like $XRP $XLM $ADA $TRX $IOTA killing FREEDOM of money
dirruk

Activity: 382

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

i had 550000 and it sprouted twice in 8 days so i guess i was unlucky people will say but i think you will need 1 or 2 million to do some sprouting
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:10:00 AM

i had 550000 and it sprouted twice in 8 days so i guess i was unlucky people will say but i think you will need 1 or 2 million to do some sprouting

Hum, I am surprised because I have less than 500K and I am sprouting once every day on average.
for months and months

Just that my coins are old and my wallet is open 24/7

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

finamathmatics

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:49:22 PM

Hi, How can a recover my wallet? I use Fedora and I have the file "NAME-bkup".
HenrikL

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:55:57 PM

Hi, How can a recover my wallet? I use Fedora and I have the file "NAME-bkup".
Make sure to back up the (supposedly) invalid wallet file, then run the client's recovery mode. That way, you can always go back to the starting point again.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: