Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Burn, the Goldfinger strategy  (Read 2873 times)
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:54:51 AM

Instead of throwing them away, wouldn't it possibly be better to have them sent to an address which goes to starving kids in africa or something? Roll Eyes

You might want to explore a bit on the subject on funding african poverty problems, long story short, many of the funds go into private pockets and not to those in need.
Like i allready said, its better to just use the money to promote further development of the idea.

cheers

Yes I'm aware of this. Probabably only around 5-10% actually go to funding and 90%-95%, as you say, into the pockets of some self-indulgent baller.

Which is part of why I think bitcoin is so revolutionazing. You can see where the money, that is donated, goes to.

This video is relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4j-V585Ug
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 02:45:01 AM

Instead of throwing them away, wouldn't it possibly be better to have them sent to an address which goes to starving kids in africa or something? Roll Eyes

Distributing the value to current BTC holders is not throwing it away.

Well, I guess you can look at it that way but it won't make a big difference

I might get 0.005% richer out of your project so I guess I can't complain Grin still I think it's silly to just carelessly throw it away just because the game rules says so..

You're NOT THROWING IT AWAY. The true measure of love is how much you are willing to sacrifice. You are communicating. It may be expensive but it's still cheaper than, say, skywriting.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:26:17 PM

What have starving africans ever done for us?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:28:07 AM

What have starving africans ever done for us?

Not much but eventually somebody will round up all Randroids put them in Somalia and turn it into green glass. Them watching the the suffering they've caused before a cataclysmic vaporisation might be the just thing to do.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: