Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:54:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are faucets profitable  (Read 3572 times)
Astargath (OP)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:02:22 AM

Dont know if this is the right section for this but yeah are faucets profitable? I know they use a lot of ads in order to get some money back but there some faucets offering a somewhat big amount of btc and they are pretty famous so i was wondering how can they resist

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:08:00 AM

Dont know if this is the right section for this but yeah are faucets profitable? I know they use a lot of ads in order to get some money back but there some faucets offering a somewhat big amount of btc and they are pretty famous so i was wondering how can they resist

I have been using faucets and they were my gateway into the bitcoin world. Faucets have now become less lucrative owning to the falling price of BTC (although, it can be argued that some faucets have increased their payouts with the price fall- case in point is freebitco.in). For me faucets are profitable only if you have a loyal bunch of affiliates who will use your ref link and do their thing every day, i built up a good referral list initially through some giveaways. Even if i don't do them myself, they do pay out some thing every week which typically takes care of my tx fees.

All in all, if BTC rises and you have been collecting dust from faucets, that dust could be worth its weight in gold, but without a proper affiliate backing, making enough is always going to be a huge challenge.

Good luck either ways!

Edit: You might be better off getting into a signature campaign. Beware not to scam the boards though or you might get banned / negative feedback. Check this thread for active signature campaigns:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:10:39 AM

I have been using faucets and they were my gateway into the bitcoin world. Faucets have now become less lucrative owning to the falling price of BTC (although, it can be argued that some faucets have increased their payouts with the price fall- case in point is freebitco.in). For me faucets are profitable only if you have a loyal bunch of affiliates who will use your ref link and do their thing every day, i built up a good referral list initially through some giveaways. Even if i don't do them myself, they do pay out some thing every week which typically takes care of my tx fees.

All in all, if BTC rises and you have been collecting dust from faucets, that dust could be worth its weight in gold, but without a proper affiliate backing, making enough is always going to be a huge challenge.

Good luck either ways!

If I understand it correctly, OP is asking about the profitability of operating a faucet site rather than claiming satoshi from faucets.

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:12:23 AM

Good luck either ways!

If I understand it correctly, OP is asking about the profitability of operating a faucet site rather than claiming satoshi from faucets.
Hmm... to me it looked like they wanted to do faucets. I think more clarity needed from the OP. A newbie typically would ask if a faucet was profitable though. Lets wait for clarity.  Grin

GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:27:15 AM

Good luck either ways!

Hmm... to me it looked like they wanted to do faucets. I think more clarity needed from the OP. A newbie typically would ask if a faucet was profitable though. Lets wait for clarity.  Grin

He is obviously talking about making a faucet ''I know they use a lot of ads in order to get some money back''
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 06:21:56 PM

I think if you good developer with faucet like make your profit ads and reward earning is balance, that's profitable Cheesy
yes many more famous faucet there, but becareful to "faucet scam".

~iki
Exther2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:16:14 AM

I agree with most of comments here.
Faucet can be profitable. You need nice layout, you need good hosting, you need some bitcoins to invest and you need some marketing.
You can profit by ads. I saw many of faucets getting nice money monthly paid from ads.
But also do not expect to gain a million. As it's named "faucet", you're giving a little, so you should expect a little profit. If more, better for you.
As any project it needs a time. You cannot make it famous in a week.
Invest and wait, but don't just wait, work on spreading a word about it to gain some visitors as you depend on them.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:26:39 PM

Faucet can be profitable. You need nice layout, you need good hosting, you need some bitcoins to invest and you need some marketing.
You can profit by ads. I saw many of faucets getting nice money monthly paid from ads.
But also do not expect to gain a million. As it's named "faucet", you're giving a little, so you should expect a little profit. If more, better for you.
Invest and wait, but don't just wait, work on spreading a word about it to gain some visitors as you depend on them.
well , all he needs to do is have a website in similar colors as the black and blue dress and he'll get thousands of people visiting the website because they need to know the mystery of the color.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:23:53 PM

well , all he needs to do is have a website in similar colors as the black and blue dress and he'll get thousands of people visiting the website because they need to know the mystery of the color.

xD  hehe   Excellent idea but that whole fad will run its course in a few days or weeks.

Astargath (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:55:49 AM

Im thinking of making one that has a multiplier like freebitco.in pretty much like a dice game inside the faucet, im pretty sure they make good profit with that

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:35:33 PM

they are profitable only if you can promote them well and get a good amount of users
thats the most important thing , promotion of the faucet
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 06:33:53 PM

The profitability depends on a few factors. Your rewards, hosting, advertising for your faucet and advertising on your faucet etc. Chances are, from a faucet site alone you won't be rolling in the big bucks.
From personal experience and other faucet owners I've talked to, profit mostly comes from referral programs on other faucets/GPT programs.
Astargath (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:33:31 AM

The profitability depends on a few factors. Your rewards, hosting, advertising for your faucet and advertising on your faucet etc. Chances are, from a faucet site alone you won't be rolling in the big bucks.
From personal experience and other faucet owners I've talked to, profit mostly comes from referral programs on other faucets/GPT programs.

If i ever make one, the rewards should be somewhat high to really atract people

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Anillos2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:45:59 PM

I can't tell you.

I did a lot of "fauceting" in 2012 and I got a small amount of money, but this small amount of money grew in 2013. Now, I'm rich I have more money, but most of my BTC funds come from BTC works, so I recommend you to visit the services thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
Maybe You can find a small work for you, and You will earn more money.

Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:05:20 PM

If you can get a lot unique visitor from your faucet, most likely it will be profitable
that's why some big faucet still online till now, they depend on ads (usually adsense from google) to pay their visitor
be careful somebody will try to cheat you! they claim your faucet using bot and your deposit/wallet will drain quickly
Astargath (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:47:15 PM

If you can get a lot unique visitor from your faucet, most likely it will be profitable
that's why some big faucet still online till now, they depend on ads (usually adsense from google) to pay their visitor
be careful somebody will try to cheat you! they claim your faucet using bot and your deposit/wallet will drain quickly

I dont think thats possible because of captchas even if they use a captcha solver wont be worth it, am i wrong on this?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:37:36 AM

I dont think thats possible because of captchas even if they use a captcha solver wont be worth it, am i wrong on this?

I think there are bot which can bypass captcha, especially simple captcha.
i saw this on faucet owner's complain why their deposit in faucet drain quickly. That's why captcha change every period of time. To avoid this trick maybe
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:46:06 AM

I have always thought of faucets being waste of time. They are obviously profitable, but not at all worth the time.
Even running a faucet isn't much profitable anymore,as there already exist a lot of them , and not a lot of people now visit them .

Astargath (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:50:41 PM

Well , they are profitable if you hhave a good strategy to run them . Maybe you can offer the highest paying out faucet, and get more traffic. This way you will also get a higher views on the site for ads

Yes that is a good idea and the idea of integrating a dice in the faucet itself its pretty good aswell

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:23:10 PM

Well , they are profitable if you hhave a good strategy to run them . Maybe you can offer the highest paying out faucet, and get more traffic. This way you will also get a higher views on the site for ads

Yes that is a good idea and the idea of integrating a dice in the faucet itself its pretty good aswell

I think on;y freebitco.in does that now. And in that strategy they also get back the amount that they giveaway in the faucet and are able to maintain the traffic on their site.

Yes exactly, freebitco.in is one of the oldest faucets and they pay a good amount of bitcoins. Im planning to do one like that but maybe with some altcoin, but i dont know wich one

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀