Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCO] Xcoin | PoS | No Premine & No IPO  (Read 188955 times)
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:52:33 PM

Crypto needs good tech coins without empty hype and problems like ecash.
We're in right place.

XCO is not at http://coinmarketcap.com/ yet.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:58:06 PM

So far I must say I'm pretty impressed with the steady growth and accumulation of this coin Smiley Nice to finally see a coin not getting dump to nothing as soon as it hits a market Smiley Can't wait to hear what the Dev has in store next Smiley Keep up the good work mate Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

foxtrot_the_fud

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:56:52 PM

Volume keeping up quite nicely!
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:18:25 PM

sorry i havent read the whole thread, im a terrible interjectionist.
XCO has been live for 4.5 days, at a 60 second target youd expect 6,480 blocks. currently theres 17,000 almost 3x expected speed which explains the quick confirmations people are seeing.
also looks like 3500 blocks were solved in the first 2 hours. so ignoring the "instamine" if you want to call it that (who cares) the chains still operating at double speed. perhaps this is due to staking & mining phase. hopefully it'll slow down after the 30k blockheight or there could be trouble (orphans)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:43:03 PM

UPDATE: Was looking into the blockchain acting in doubletime and was told that sending confirms almost instantly, people are correlating this to some sort of "instantx" transaction. Heres what I saw:
SHA miners are finding blocks worth 500 coins but every time there are no transactions included... (im not saying there wont be proof of an sha block found with transactions)
POS stakers are finding blocks worth their 3%+transaction fee near INSTANTLY when a transaction needs to be included in a block.

Ive seen a coin before where when the mempool or whatever was empty it created dummy work. so the dev spammed the chain to provide work every minute which was usually solved in less time. because all the work that could be done was on hold waiting for the mempool to fill, the diff required to solve did not reflect the amount of work capable/readily available, when the mempool filled a block was solved very quickly.

Applies to XCO: if stakers are only solving blocks when theres a transaction(s) to include then inconsistancey in usage will lead to lower diff and higher stakes available so the second transactions appear a solution is found and theyre included/broadcast in a block.

Shitty Example: 20 guys wait at a crosswalk to help seniors, as soon as one arrives there is no wait.

Anyways if this is true, people could spam the chain with tx to limit the POW blocks and reduce the overall supply. if its not true i have a wild imagination.

Thoughts?

el3ab (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

UPDATE: Was looking into the blockchain acting in doubletime and was told that sending confirms almost instantly, people are correlating this to some sort of "instantx" transaction. Heres what I saw:
SHA miners are finding blocks worth 500 coins but every time there are no transactions included... (im not saying there wont be proof of an sha block found with transactions)
POS stakers are finding blocks worth their 3%+transaction fee near INSTANTLY when a transaction needs to be included in a block.

Ive seen a coin before where when the mempool or whatever was empty it created dummy work. so the dev spammed the chain to provide work every minute which was usually solved in less time. because all the work that could be done was on hold waiting for the mempool to fill, the diff required to solve did not reflect the amount of work capable/readily available, when the mempool filled a block was solved very quickly.

Applies to XCO: if stakers are only solving blocks when theres a transaction(s) to include then inconsistancey in usage will lead to lower diff and higher stakes available so the second transactions appear a solution is found and theyre included/broadcast in a block.

Shitty Example: 20 guys wait at a crosswalk to help seniors, as soon as one arrives there is no wait.

Anyways if this is true, people could spam the chain with tx to limit the POW blocks and reduce the overall supply. if its not true i have a wild imagination.

Thoughts?

Actually, its simply fast to confirm (less than 1 minute target) because pos is active during pow.
Average time for a block to be found is 25 seconds now.
When pow ends the average time for a pos block to be found will be 60 seconds.
Sending coins does not make pow shorter and it does not make a block found. Blocks are found regardless of if there are transactions.

About the coins being sent instantly, that is not true. They are broadcast and known to the peers instantly because the internet is fast and we have good nodes. But, they are not confirmed until people find a block(the average for this, is half the average block time) so while its hybrid pow/pos now, the transaction will have the first confirmation in average 12.5 seconds. when pow ends, the average will be 30 seconds to enter a block. but each block still is found at an average of 25 seconds durring pow, and average of 60 seconds when pow ends.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:12:38 PM

Thoughts?

Actually, its simply fast to confirm (less than 1 minute target) because pos is active during pow.
Sending coins does not make pow shorter and it does not make a block found. Blocks are found regardless of if there are transactions.

About the coins being sent instantly, that is not true. They are broadcast and known to the peers instantly because the internet is fast and we have good nodes. But, they are not confirmed until people find a block(the average for this, is half the average block time) so while its hybrid pow/pos now, the transaction will have the first confirmation in average 12.5 seconds. when pow ends, the average will be 30 seconds to enter a block. but each block still is found at an average of 25 seconds durring pow, and average of 60 seconds when pow ends.

figure i might be crazy, but pumping transactions 1 at a time was enabling 6+ blocks per minute, all pos blocks. ill take your word for it though Smiley meanwhile, anyone with a tin hat and spare time feel free to analyze and test!

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:15:00 AM

So if we're averaging blocks every 25-30sec we should expect POW work to end in approx 3.5- 4days?

powersup

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:17:42 AM

Can someone explain how to get the +10 coins for staking.  At the moment all I receive is 0.01 coins per stake.
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:21:33 AM

Can someone explain how to get the +10 coins for staking.  At the moment all I receive is 0.01 coins per stake.

My largest stake so far is  0.05.
crazywack
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:21:46 AM

Yes price is really low. It good time to buy if you can buy between 500-1k in this moment. I try buy more coins and stake it i think we should see 2-3k at this coin in future
So does the Dev have any plans for this coin? Like is there something special about it that kind of makes it stand out from your regular crypto currency?
Right now, its proof of stake makes it stand out.
In the future more things will too.

Xcoin's proof of stake currently (3% interest per year + 10 coins)rounded up to highest 0.999 + transaction fees paid out every time you find a block
maximum reward 20 coins
if you have a trivial small input you get only 0.01 reward.

right now, tha smallest input to get a 10+ coins reward is 20k-25k coins per day stake.
as the price goes up, i'll make it lower amount of coins to get the high reward. using condition nHeight statement for hard fork.

so right now to get the high reward you need 20k - 25k coins.
when the price reaches 0.0001 btc, i'll make a hard fork to make it min 5k coins to get the high rewards. using pindexBest->nHeight statement.

Found it for you guys

powersup

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:24:53 AM

Yes price is really low. It good time to buy if you can buy between 500-1k in this moment. I try buy more coins and stake it i think we should see 2-3k at this coin in future
So does the Dev have any plans for this coin? Like is there something special about it that kind of makes it stand out from your regular crypto currency?
Right now, its proof of stake makes it stand out.
In the future more things will too.

Xcoin's proof of stake currently (3% interest per year + 10 coins)rounded up to highest 0.999 + transaction fees paid out every time you find a block
maximum reward 20 coins
if you have a trivial small input you get only 0.01 reward.

right now, tha smallest input to get a 10+ coins reward is 20k-25k coins per day stake.
as the price goes up, i'll make it lower amount of coins to get the high reward. using condition nHeight statement for hard fork.

so right now to get the high reward you need 20k - 25k coins.
when the price reaches 0.0001 btc, i'll make a hard fork to make it min 5k coins to get the high rewards. using pindexBest->nHeight statement.

Found it for you guys

So I need to resend 20 - 25K to my wallet in one input?
crazywack
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:32:39 AM

How many mature coins do you have in your wallet?

SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:33:19 AM

@powersup
Yes. But even that (i stake 10+x more than 20-25k) you don't get 20 xco alltime.
I earned 20 xco once, usually 11-12-18, few times so tiny 0.01 0.03 etc. I had 1 conflicted at 12 well mined.

Maturity = 1000conf.

Hmm but maybe it's better to resend all in 10+ 25k parts Smiley than one big deposit Cheesy I'll try this

Btw. maybe better change fee to 0.01
powersup

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:42:52 AM

@powersup
Yes. But even that (i stake 10+x more than 20-25k) you don't get 20 xco alltime.
I earned 20 xco once, usually 11-12-18, few times so tiny 0.01 0.03 etc. I had 1 conflicted at 12 well mined.

Maturity = 1000conf.

Hmm but maybe it's better to resend all in 10+ 25k parts Smiley than one big deposit Cheesy I'll try this

Btw. maybe better change fee to 0.01

Im going to leave it for the moment because it will help POW finish sooner.  I will weave some coin control magic once POW is over.  It would be a nice feature to have automatic coin control which groups the IO into 25K coin blocks.
el3ab (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:10:52 AM

It would be a nice feature to have automatic coin control which groups the IO into 25K coin blocks.
That should be pretty easy to do. I'll work on it.
el3ab (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:39:06 AM

It would be a nice feature to have automatic coin control which groups the IO into 25K coin blocks.
It's a nice feature. can you start working on it now please?
I have already started working it

https://i.imgur.com/hMWxQdM.png
powersup

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:38:13 AM

Nice one dev! Keep up the good work!
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:55:17 AM

eh... that was fast  Cheesy

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Thoughts?

First I'd like to apologize for not having a clue how things work. Having said that, I run some tests and I could swear the transactions speed up the blocks somehow?Huh?

Here's what I did: Sent a bunch of 10 XCO TXs to myself, alternating from different confirmed inputs for each tx (Im clumsy but I did it as fast as i could, ie selecting inputs pasting the address and sending). Started on block 18,390 this is what the block explorer says: from 18,390 and up blocks appear to have been solved with stake diff? and average time decreased a lot as opposed to 1tx 500 PoW blocks before I started my "test"

grey parts are prior to my transactions and the red letters are seconds from previous block.

https://i.imgur.com/vnvoUF9.jpg

sorry again, I guess it is evident I am technically challenged for this kind of stuff. Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: