Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what just happened .. and why now ?  (Read 6462 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:37:01 PM

troll like to call it a dead cat bounce, but it's just a correction in price, it won't fall back so easily now
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

Mega switches from PayPal to Bitcoin.

I'd like to think that, but looks like his tweet came after the pump:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kim-dotcoms-mega-could-use-bitcoin-after-paypal-ceases-processing-payments-1489711

He tweeted after midnight and the price spike was shortly after 10PM EST, so don't there was cause and effect action.

If he was the one actually buying BTC, it would make sense to mention it after buying.

Can't argue with that logic, but that all depends if he has access to his assets, which seems dubious at the moment:

http://torrentfreak.com/destitute-kim-dotcom-begs-high-court-for-millions-150226/

He just split with his wife last year, who I think was in control of Mega's funds.  So don't think it was actually him.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:00:54 PM

troll like to call it a dead cat bounce, but it's just a correction in price, it won't fall back so easily now

dead cat bounce is definetly  real, but not in this case, not with this kind of volume. theres just too many develpoing things
that wont allow anymore sub200 values. And due to nature of bitcoin, it just may happen that we wont see 200$ range anymore ever again.
even if most or some of Kim's assets are taken, people like him allways have a way of hiding some portion of it..

cheers
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:08:14 PM

people starting to realize that EURO tragedy will be on for another 4 months?

OR it is US deflation -0.1% that came out right now, which means interest rates in US may remain low for awhile

price is stabilizing, massive support between here and $160 lows, so the bears here are giving up hope to grab cheaper coins --> reversal?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:15:52 PM

OR it is US deflation -0.1% that came out right now, which means interest rates in US may remain low for awhile

price is stabilizing, massive support between here and $160 lows, so the bears here are giving up hope to grab cheaper coins --> reversal?

It is just the beginning of Europe tragedy, the dollar will fall, inflation will come back even in official numbers and  politicians will lie.
dakota neat

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:20:07 PM

i will buy back in when we break 666. anything else are just fluctuations within the continued bear market.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:40:37 PM

i will buy back in when we break 666. anything else are just fluctuations within the continued bear market.
You will buy in when the price is higher than now? You will buy in when you can get less coins than you could now? Why?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:45:07 PM

buy back when it is up 300%???, reasonable downside from here is what $150? If you think long term, it is going to $666, why dink around....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

You will buy in when the price is higher than now? You will buy in when you can get less coins than you could now? Why?

It sounds like he believes anything under 666 is still part of the bear market correction from $1160.

It is weird to use the term "when" instead of "if" on his part, though.  If I'm thinking there's a "when we break 666" then I agree with you: buy when you afford to and hold.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:26:06 PM

He believes $666 could indicate the real breakout.
If we take a long time to cross $666, other asset classes could give better returns.
If we cross $666 quickly, he believes that the rise above $666 could be even quicker.

Think of it as the equivalent of a "stop-loss" in the reverse direction.

bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

It is just the beginning of Europe tragedy, the dollar will fall, inflation will come back even in official numbers and  politicians will lie.

I see in another thread saying how the dollar will not collapse, which one is it :/ No the dollar is not going anywhere for a long time to come no one on this planet wants to see that fail will be terrible news for all. OP i have heard no news and only know the price because you had me curious but now looking at the green is better than looking at the red so i guess it is all good, up down up down next stop we will see if we can break 300 again and how long for. Wisdom is looking good i hope i am not board with bitcoin i just hardly look at the price anymore..

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 01:47:31 AM

I looks like its either stagnating or on its way back down again  Embarrassed

If you wanted to buy large amount of coins, would you do a market order worth all your money, or would you buy some, wait the price to stagnate/drop, and buy more ..etc
There is no reason why anyone sane would do a one click buy, it would just be a waste of funds.
Observe the "walls" , its obvious whats happening, atleast it seams to me.

cheers

If there was no immediate upswing incoming you would chain buy. If you wanted to create a fake rally, you would keep chain buying.  If you had some inside news about something imminent and wanted to enter a market at a good price (or wanted to enter before the weekend pump lol) it would make sense to slam buy orders hard before everyone caught on, the news was released, the event happened, etc. 
So, most likely the large buy foreshadows a big upward move........or the person is retarded  Tongue

If one is expecting a news event that will have a huge impact that will cause a rally, I think the logical approach is to buy whatever fund he has at that point regardless of the price. And it would make sense to break up the buying done in different exchangers, done at the same time, so that the market doesn't have time to adjust itself. This, you can basically grab the coins at the existing market price.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:51:51 AM

I see in another thread saying how the dollar will not collapse, which one is it :/ No the dollar is not going anywhere for a long time to come no one on this planet wants to see that fail will be terrible news for all. OP i have heard no news and only know the price because you had me curious but now looking at the green is better than looking at the red so i guess it is all good, up down up down next stop we will see if we can break 300 again and how long for. Wisdom is looking good i hope i am not board with bitcoin i just hardly look at the price anymore..
Countless people want to see the dollar fall. And it will, by simple law of mathematics. Not a matter of if but when. Take your precautions accordingly.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:29:03 PM

Countless people want to see the dollar fall. And it will, by simple law of mathematics. Not a matter of if but when. Take your precautions accordingly.

Will we get to see the fall in our lifetime? Tongue
It may not fail all of a sudden, but gradually wither away.
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:31:02 PM

I don't think dollar will ever fall now. Its too strong unless an economic disaster happens.

MileyJohanson
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:34:13 PM

Since USD is measured against other currencies.   As they all fall, you won't notice it from any price index.. but you sure will feel it when you go to buy something.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:56:27 PM

Since USD is measured against other currencies.   As they all fall, you won't notice it from any price index.. but you sure will feel it when you go to buy something.

No, the USD is also measured against CPI, and that's how price inflation is calculated.
For instance, the latest annual USD price inflation rate for the United States is -0.1%, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) on February 26, 2015.
That's negative zero point one percent.
Bitcoin's price inflation has been ~300% in the past year.  That's three hundred percent.  THREE FUCKING HUNDRED.

So now you know Smiley
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:28:54 AM

^and don't forget the pedos.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:48:13 AM

I don't think dollar will ever fall now. Its too strong unless an economic disaster happens.

All it will take is China dumping $$.
xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:41:13 AM

It's Obvious whats happened.

If it were NEWS like suggested the price wouldn't be stuck at 255.00 for 2 days with no movement upwards..

If it were CNN story then the bids would just keep coming day after day.. we would see a sharp rise then still upward movement..

If it were a tweet then we would see the same sharp rise with upward movement.

What did we see.

Orders given to the whales to pump the market so the price would be higher for the US Marshall's auction. They need to do his for internal private reasons. There is always a possibility of the thousands of coins that some my be sold for a quick buck. So what can we expect from here.

The Whales will be pulling their 9 Thousand  coins from the market at a decent profit.. if they can beat you all to the punch and sell before the price drops to far below 255.

Take that to the bank as the truth..

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: