Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom : " Let's give Bitcoin a boost "  (Read 4955 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:43:50 AM

I tried to mark pro-copyright brainwashed pricks here.
I am not pro-copyright, but I'm certainly pro-respect-the-authors-license for their works.
The author/artist of digital work is certainly free to choose wherever license they feel needs to be attached to their work.
I feel we should respect a license be it proprietary or open source.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:47:25 AM

Yea ofcourse its always a good thing when some celebrity/well known person mentions Bitcoin. It get a lot more visibility.
Abbey_j

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:49:24 AM

BIG NEWS! So the mega is going to accept the Bitcoin!?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:55:41 AM

Angry

WTF..    You guys seriously blame a service provider for exclusively supporting copyright material ?   How ignorant can you be ?

Here's a thought, did LAVABIT exclusively supported crime or terrorism ?

These are merely service providers that are also providing you the privacy you want/need. Without those kind of services you won't be able to have a private conversation anywhere, ever.

Where is the right for privacy ?  I guess you have none, in this world.  Roll Eyes
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:56:06 AM

Looks like this has turned into a copyright discussion. Just my opinion, no matter what, let's give credit when it's due okay and that means paying to the rightful owner for the work done. If someone did the same to you someday and stole your work without paying, I'm sure you will feel bad as well.

Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:10:50 AM

Nerds love 'free' movies, but it is killing the people who produce movies just like the music industry.

People have been saying that file sharing is killing the music industry for a decade now -- obviously a huge exaggeration. Who watched the Grammy's the other night?

Music industry was devastated by file sharing thieves.  Just because they are giving out Grammys doesn't mean the music is any good.  Obviously you were around when the Kinks, Stones were awesome.  

Kim Dot Com is  world class scum.  No wonder he lives in exile and is getting his access to payment networks shut down.  

Bitcoin needs advocates who have more to offer than clever ways to steal.

I like the way you respond to a joke!

If I say 'Knock knock' , you say 'Kim dot com is a fat pig stealing money from the people that sacrifice their souls in to creating artistic works of arts for the people only to watch them burn and suffer!'

Come to my party!

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 09:17:58 AM

It did indeed I guess ~257$ Right now .

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:44:31 AM

Is this the reason bitcoin rise more than $10 in a days?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:05:13 PM

I doubt that. But of course Kim Schmitz would like to be the reason for it. He is extremely self-centered and thinks he is the greatest.
Check out his past life and you will know what I mean.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:22:45 PM

I doubt that. But of course Kim Schmitz would like to be the reason for it. He is extremely self-centered and thinks he is the greatest.

With all the money hes got he can get Bitcoin to 300 easily..
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:30:48 PM

It is good thing for Bitcoin. If there are anything against the law let police solve it but that has nothing to do with Bitcoin. Bitcoin if free to use for everyone.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 01:32:08 PM

With all the money hes got he can get Bitcoin to 300 easily..

Just wondering why he needs to convert all his stash when what he needs is basically to be able to receive payment in bitcoin. The large buy order could come from someone else who might have interpret that as a positive news event and thus put on a large buy.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:51:59 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 02:04:44 PM by uki

The rise of the last two Bitcoin's bubbles has exclusively speculative reasons underneath, so Kim would fit perfectly into this scenario, where we are looking to fuel the third one.

this space is intentionally left blank
Black Arrow

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:01:59 PM

Kim DotCom is a disgusting bloated fat pig.  He peddles in illegal stolen wares.  He profits from the illicit use of other people's creations.  Most around here don't like copyright, but it remains legitimate law.  Nerds love 'free' movies, but it is killing the people who produce movies just like the music industry.

I think your comment about "it remains legitimate law" indicates way too much respect for the legal system. There are many examples of clearly immoral laws, (e.g. Fugitive Slave Law) and I'm sure you could come up with your own list of them. Also there are lots of example where copyright laws have been used to stifle creativity rather than encourage it. Kim Dotcom provides one more use-case for bitcoin. If you don't want to use his service, don't.

calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:05:52 PM

Kim Dotcom is a much larger asset to the human race than the puppets who try to strong-arm him with their Wall Street-dictated laws/agendas. They would trade places with him if they had the genetics/confidence for it.
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:10:31 PM

Kim just needs to accept btc asap. More action less talk.

Nerds love 'free' movies, but it is killing the people who produce movies just like the music industry.

People have been saying that file sharing is killing the music industry for a decade now -- obviously a huge exaggeration. Who watched the Grammy's the other night?

Exacrtly. They said that about cassette copying: 'Home taping is killing music'. File sharing is here to stay and the industry just needs to learn to adapt like any other. Advancements in technology makes jobs obsolete so people and industries need to evolve along with it. That being said the music industry is doing fine; they just don't make as much money as they used to so the bosses can only afford 1 private jet as opposed to owning a fleet of them and their bands and artists can now only afford one mansion instead of 5  Grin.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:07:44 PM

Kim DotCom is a disgusting bloated fat pig.  He peddles in illegal stolen wares.  He profits from the illicit use of other people's creations.  Most around here don't like copyright, but it remains legitimate law.  Nerds love 'free' movies, but it is killing the people who produce movies just like the music industry.

Oh noes, another short-sighted brainwashed prick.

Shitty movies are killing the movie industry, not filesharing, it's something that the entertainment business doesn't like to admit so they find a scapegoat.
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:14:09 PM

Oh noes, another short-sighted brainwashed prick.

Shitty movies are killing the movie industry, not filesharing, it's something that the entertainment business doesn't like to admit so they find a scapegoat.

I don't think it's down to shitty movies as there's a lot of great films coming out, but the prices are ridiculous. They should be getting cheaper not more expensive. The prices seem to have doubles over the past 7 years or so and to go see a film in imax or 3D is ridiculous. If the cinema industry wants to survive they need to lower the prices though I think streaming high quality films though better TVs will be the future.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:55:16 PM

So ,
Seems like Paypal and MasterCard has stopped doing business with MEGA (File uploading & sharing provider)

Kim Dotcom tweeted : "I like to thank @Paypal for backing #Mega for such a long time. The pressure from Hollywood and the US Government was simply too much."
So he decided to switch from those payment methods to Bitcoin and give a boost .

I personally think that it's a great oppurtunity for Bitcoin , what do you guys think ? Grin

Do we really need to have bitcoin involved in more criminal uses?  Do we really want to associate bitcoin as this go to tool for assholes who want to steal?  

Bitcoin will be great as soon as we get rid of the anarchy assholes think its primary use is to traverse the law.

Kim Schmitz is merely a dirty filthbag.  I don't accept him as an ambassador for Bitcoin.

He's certainly an opportunist but he is very clever marketing guy and knows how to make millions. If he brings millions to Bitcoin then so be it.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:06:50 PM

Well, he's our leader now so might as well accept it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: