Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Activism for Everyone - Merchant Adoption project  (Read 1005 times)
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:27:17 PM

Hi everyone! I was writing out a check for a bill last night (the local gravel company not being cutting-edge in payment options), and it occurred to me that it would be really great to have a little business card or flyer or something about accepting bitcoin, that I could stick in the envelope whenever I had to mail in a bill. I imagine most of you still have a bill here and there that is paid by mail, and this would be a super-easy way we can all participate in mainstreaming bitcoin.

All we need are some printable materials touting the benefits of bitcoin, geared towards business owners and employees' point of view. I took a stab at producing a double-sided flier, but my graphics skills are very basic. So I'm asking for:
1. Anyone with actual graphics skill to take a stab at making the flyer more visually attractive.
2. I'm open to suggestions in the wording and layout. For that matter, people can make up their own versions adapted to their own goals and situations/countries/etc.

I did the flyer in powerpoint but attached is a link to a PNG version. If anyone wants the PPT just message me or let me know how I can publicly upload it (been ages since I did that for anything but a pic).

I figure if a fair number of people can do things like this, it will make a big impact both in merchant acceptance and in introducing a lot of regular folks who see the flyers to bitcoin in a very positive way.

http://imgur.com/a/PwgdJ

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:37:13 PM

I can only help with point 2, not being a graphics person, but I would push the fact that they can accept money directly without having to pay credit card charges or visit the bank.

I don't think that somewhere still accepting cheques is the sort of place that will be accepting bitcoin in the next 25 years, but for some more entrepreneurial spirits, I think reducing their charges would appeal.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:38:53 PM

People are afraid of accepting BTC because its so volatile.
So if they do, then it will happen like Microsoft is doing it.

Instant sell on exchanges.

ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:54:16 PM

People are afraid of accepting BTC because its so volatile.
So if they do, then it will happen like Microsoft is doing it.

Instant sell on exchanges.

That's why I included processors like Coinbase and Bitpay as options. They enable merchants to accept BTC without the volatility, or at least minimizing it.

ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:58:03 PM

I can only help with point 2, not being a graphics person, but I would push the fact that they can accept money directly without having to pay credit card charges or visit the bank.

I don't think that somewhere still accepting cheques is the sort of place that will be accepting bitcoin in the next 25 years, but for some more entrepreneurial spirits, I think reducing their charges would appeal.

I partly covered the credit card charges, but perhaps a bullet point about not needing armored cars/runs to the bank, or criminals being able to rob you of your bitcoins would be helpful. I avoided it in this flyer because I felt I'd then need to explain about the risk of password hacks and get into wallet security and so forth. So I just made a bullet point about the security of the blockchain, with the idea that people will have to learn how to secure their BTC as part of their bitcoin integration process.

I want to be perfectly honest, but also upbeat, and also keeping it simple.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:02:50 PM

I like your project. I have spent hundreds of dollars on printed material for distribution. I would add that buttons work well also. Far more people wanted the buttons than the infographics. You can't put much on a button but with Google all you need to show is a unique word, like Bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:26:15 PM

I like your project. I have spent hundreds of dollars on printed material for distribution. I would add that buttons work well also. Far more people wanted the buttons than the infographics. You can't put much on a button but with Google all you need to show is a unique word, like Bitcoin.

Thanks. I'd like to refine this, and strip some of it down to produce something like a business card as well. That would be handy for sharing in places like restaurants and it would be easy to keep a couple in wallets, purses, etc.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:00:59 PM

Quite Innovative , it will be great if i post them around the city in market places .
Could add lines for customer liker Tired of waiting in the line to buy your goods or pay for bills . Wink
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:24:21 PM

I like your idea and admire your conviction on spreading adoption and awareness (which is key to bitcoin's success) but I think the design needs some work. It needs to be slick and eye catching and at the moment it looks very amateurish (no offense). Maybe you could get someone to make you a better design or even crowd fund it. Other people could then print them off and hand them out to do their bit.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:14:52 PM

Nice idea, but its not easy to make a merchant (famous) accept bitcoin, you know bitcoin is still volatile.
I can help with option 1 Smiley

~iki
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:15:36 AM

Nice idea, but its not easy to make a merchant (famous) accept bitcoin, you know bitcoin is still volatile.
I can help with option 1 Smiley

~iki

Thanks! As far as merchants go, I figured this could be oriented more towards smaller businesses, though it wouldn't hurt if larger companies began seeing something like this regularly.

ebliever (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

I just printed my first hardcopy (same as in the images above) for mailing out. We'll see what response I get from the local chiropractor.  Grin

I've uploaded the Powerpoint file to dropbox at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8ak5wucg9ffbfo/Merchant%20Acceptance.pptx?dl=0

This version is set to be printed in Handout mode, 2 slides/page. Select pages 2-5 to print double-sided. Makes a nice pair of smallish sized fliers that can be tucked into an envelope without any fuss while still being legible.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: