Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcrane  (Read 3269 times)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:02:20 AM

I wasnt going to use it to mine strictly for myself . I was going to rent it out and when its not rented mining on my eobot account .  just wondering if it was worth the buy . its very quite i was told .   
No. Too inefficient.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 12:38:29 PM

I am a Bitcrane official dealer and they continue to do quite well on NewEgg for the T110 and T110S despite there being much more efficient and profitable miners out there. I think they have practically given up on advertising here since the miners who are on here are mostly concerned on ROI and that's fair enough.

BitCrane knows it's miners are not profitable and for anyone to hope to make money on this I can say dream on. But the hardware itself is well made, it's very pretty and is very easy to setup. I have however not had experience with the T-720 which to me, although gorgeous, seems way too power hungry for me to keep it running for fun.

The T110/T110s is more for the hobbyist miner rather than for anything else who are hashing not for money.

In general I think at the current BitCoin price level, almost all miners are unprofitable unless you have a source of free electricity. If you want something that is well made and is directed at consumers and just want to get into SHA256 mining for the heck of it, I would still recommend this miner since it's so much better looking than any other miner out there and I have no problems having it in my home. You pay the price of course but I think it's very strange to call into question their integrity just because they're small. Even the often quoted Spondoolies they're not cheap and probably wouldn't break even either at single unit prices.

I have had sold several miners of theirs and own 3 T110/T110s on my own (just cause I think they're cool pieces of BitCoin tech) which continue to hash today.

This was the video I made of a T110 in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCaC9v_XyUw

They are a boutique company with a different focus and emphasis and I do hope they continue to do well and come up with new products. They do have plans to have more cost efficient miners but I doubt they will ever reach the levels of BitMain though I'm not sure that's what they hope to be.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 03:54:56 AM

Someone asked me on the noise level of the T110S

http://youtu.be/8BJnbgellWc

Ambient about 26 C.

May be slightly quieter if ambient is lower.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Borgminer (OP)

Activity: 758
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:57:17 AM

i wonder if it would be to difficult to switch out the power supply to make it more energy efficient
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:35:35 PM

i wonder if it would be to difficult to switch out the power supply to make it more energy efficient
I'm no EE but I believe the issue is the asic chips.  Changing a PSU is not going to give you much if any improvement. The chips are 1-2 generations old. So far the only way I've seen of dealing with old asics is to underclock them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: