Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this forum has become a mess - or STOP the hate  (Read 1990 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:04:20 PM

Ok, OP has inspired me. I'm going to reduce my h8 by 15.7%.   Kiss

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:57:59 PM

jealously is a problem, you're right with that. greed is also one i guess.
but why is this a majority?

There always will be such things along with any kind of currency.

It is part of the human nature.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:00:22 PM

When Bitcoin is the currency mainly used for drugs, guns and ponzi schemes, there will likely be a regulatory response perhaps mandating that no person or business can accept digital currency without full AML/KYC (i.e.., get a copy of the ID from ever customer that pays you, store the info and transaction records for 5 years, etc.)

This is pure speculation.

Which evidence and data so far you have that proves your assertion true?
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:59:52 PM

but now it seems only scams do matter. everybody tries to hide his ass or try to be a detective.

Indeed.  As I've been saying for a while, this place needs a serious rework, with proper mods hired to do actual mod work.

See my sig for a summation of my thoughts Wink

We need to remember that when a new person hears about Bitcoin, it's very likely they'll end up here after a quick google search.    What they'll find is, frankly, a bunch of dicks for the most part.   This place, at the moment, is pretty much the public face of Bitcoin, and that is BAD for Bitcoin.

Seriously, cull most of the mods who aren't worthy of the job (some are good, don't get me wrong, but the majority are a waste of space), implement some proper forum etiquette rules, clean up the place (merge threads for gods sake!!) and get more strict with banning and multi IP detection if they try to rejoin.    Just, act like a normal forum would.    

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 12:45:10 AM

What they'll find is, frankly, a bunch of dicks for the most part.     

I should just point out that this is only the case because people are allowed to get away with it.   Stricter moderation would sort that right out.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 12:47:30 AM

When Bitcoin is the currency mainly used for drugs, guns and ponzi schemes, there will likely be a regulatory response perhaps mandating that no person or business can accept digital currency without full AML/KYC (i.e.., get a copy of the ID from ever customer that pays you, store the info and transaction records for 5 years, etc.)

This is pure speculation.

Which evidence and data so far you have that proves your assertion true?

He was proposing two hypothetical situations to demonstrate one which is desirable and one which isn't.  This is the one that isn't.  He's not making an assertion.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: