Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:08:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm launching a new experimental faucet and I am looking for advertisers.  (Read 767 times)
Jocky (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:41:47 PM

Hello there,

I am launching a faucet because I have some ideas about the way they have developed.

First of all, I, like most people, like the idea of new Bitcoin lovers experimenting with wallets by getting some free bits. I like the idea of advertising by giving instead of manipulating. However, a lot of faucets have turned into ad-ridden mongols of pages. I think ads can work, if the advertiser and publisher are honest to the reader. Faucet owners expect to get money from advertisers and give money to visitors. In principle, advertisers give money to visitors.

My idea is as follows: A visitor doesn't just fill in a captcha, but they redeem a token received by e-mail. This token is not on an ugly page with 8 different advertisers, it's on a clean page with honest instructions. Imagine it as a full-screen background image with a small input field for the captcha. Then there is a notice about what the background image is about, en who sponsors the free bitcoins for this redemption.

I hereby am looking for advertisers.

- Do you own a business and do you want to advertise to Bitcoin enthusiasts? Then read ahead.
- I am not asking for any payment up front, this is why I think I can actually get something going.
- You indicate what you budget is, I have some ideas about minimum and maximum payment to visitors. Your input will be divided over all claims on a day, or a streak of days. We can discuss a lot about this.
- My system makes up who gets what, and I will deliver you the data, after which you can send the batch transaction to the network. I do not hold the funds anywhere in the process.
- If you do not send the transaction to the network and give me the txid, I will cover the cost, publicly call you out and offer the advertising space to tell what you did on the faucet for the exact same amount your ad was on.
- So, after I gain trust in you, you can decide what your budget is anything from 0.01 BTC (probably less in the first weeks) a day will suffice. What do you get?
---- All users will receive an e-mail with a unique redemption-link and a statement about the fact you sponsor the free bitcoin.
---- If they choose to redeem the token today, they will go to a page themed by your brand, linking to your business, telling your business is sponsoring this. In a stylish and modern way.
---- Only these visitors who visit the redemption page and perform the captcha action cost you money.
---- If they are engaged visitors, who come every day, they get streak bonus, a bigger share of the giveaway of the day.

Are you interested? Contact me, I am not looking for offers since the minimum is 0.01 and I cannot image that going away in the first days. So I am more looking for long-term discussion about advertising deals. I am looking for a way to make some bits in the long term, by asking a fee from the advertisers. However, in the first months I would be extremely happy if this would work with advertisers paying visitors directly, just for the fun of it. I am a professional Ruby on Rails developer and have the system fully built. I am hoping to find some people who are willing to invest in this idea and have suggestions for the advertisers backoffice I still have to build. But if you are willing to give it a try with 0.01 BTC, I am more than happy to give you the spot Smiley So don't hesitate to contact me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4420

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:27:27 PM

my opinion is most people who hit faucets(90%) dont care to click on ads nor will they care about clicking on an email for advertising. they just want their free bits and move on to the next page. im not sure they understand that most people who run a faucet(like myself) can only afford to run that faucet if we get people clicking on the ads.

ive put well over .2 into my faucet and have gotten back a whole .02 from ad clickers. thats 10% of my money back. that tells me what i posted above is true.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄