Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any use for a key generator based upon analogue electronic noise ?  (Read 833 times)
dinofelis (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:10:13 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if a small development in electronics would be worth-while:
taking thermal noise from a resistor, amplify and digitize it, and turn it into a random number generator, a key generator or something similar ?
I would propose a small module based upon a USB link.  The important thing is that the electronics would be open and evident (no hidden FPGA program or so, just standard non-programmable electronics) and open source software reading the thing so that it is clear that no tricks are used for faking random numbers.

Would there be a market for such a product ?  That is, would it be worth-while to develop such a thing ?

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:13:26 PM

There is a market for it. In fact, there are USB devices that do that but based on another electronic noise. I don't know how your method would compare to that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: