Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it?  (Read 26192 times)
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:50:43 PM

I personally believe you will recover your money and even profit eventually, but all you can do is wait. If bitcoin actually achieves even half of it's potential then I think anyone who owns bitcoin now will be quite wealthy in the future. Just think of the endless possibilities for it and all the industries it can effect and the money people can save by using it. That gives me faith in it personally but I know we must have patience as it's not going to happen over night.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:11:36 PM

Are you averaging down?

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:03:01 PM

If you have the patience, then you'll recover your money. Who knows? You might even receive a hefty profit from your Bitcoin holdings. But no one can be sure about the time-period. It can happen in one year... and it can take up to 10 years. My advice will be to forget about your stash for at least 3 years. Come back after a three-year period, and then you can decide whether to sell them or hold them for even longer duration.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:10:00 PM

Will I make it?

in 100 years Smiley
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:01:31 PM

That possibility becomes stronger every day as the Bitcoin ecosystem grows and adoption increases.
Given the reckless printing of fiat currencies the world over, we won't have to wait long for a real-world test for your $690.
You just have to be patient.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:26:42 PM

why so pessimist? 690 is around the corner, if you can break 300, the price will probably skyrocket to that level like nothing, it just a matter of triggering the spark
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:24:05 PM

Sounds like speculation but oh well.  How patient are you?  Also, usually if you have to ask it's a bad sign.  Never good to be in a position of weakness when it comes to economics.  Usually turns out bad.  But I hope it turns out well for you (hope is also usually a curse in financial issues)  money = hope

No longer patient, but not unpatient. (ref Yellen).

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:04:53 PM

Nobody can grantee that, but I'm sure of that... Bitcoin will break $1000 barrier, it's just a matter of time (1-3 years). In this timeline we'll see a lot of price variations.

It will break $1000 in less then a year. It will not stay there. But for sure will get there at some point.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:36:54 AM

If you're still valuing your bitcoins based on an exchange rate, you're doing it wrong.

What do you suggest? The value of a Bitcoin is determined by the goods and services it can purchase. The goods and services it can purchase are determined by the exchange rate.

OP: No one here really knows, they might think they do but they don't. I personally believe you will more than recoup your investment if your are patient and hold on to your position, but that said, the realm of possible prices is between $0 and $10,000 just speaking for a few months from now. Either price is possible although I would say that short term, neither is likely.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:41:56 AM

Nobody can grantee that, but I'm sure of that... Bitcoin will break $1000 barrier, it's just a matter of time (1-3 years). In this timeline we'll see a lot of price variations.

It will break $1000 in less then a year. It will not stay there. But for sure will get there at some point.

That's not a fact though, it's an opinion. Will it for sure break $1,000 in less than a year? No. If Bitcoin became obsolete a month from now due to a much better alternative, it might never reach $1,000, or it could just take longer than expected. Not to mention that if it does break $1,000 it may well stay there.

If $1,000 was guaranteed a year from now, Bitcoin would be at least $900 or so since its present value would be $1,000 - (time value of money for 1 year).

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:11:54 AM

Will I make it?

not sure if you will...but man I'd kill at that price....I think I need (counting my scrypt miners) $350 usd or so and I'd be golden
so hope it runs thru me first for such and I sure as hell hope you make your $690 break even price!

(honest it is all the goodness of my heart here.....NO...I mean you THINK it is because I'd benefit? 'shame on you") Smiley

anyway I wish us BOTH luck on your price..it would be nice to be surprised and wrong with the price going UP for
a change vs the past history of me being very wrong on the price drop this last year in the previous direction

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:56:51 PM

Will I make it?

Well as mentioned it does depend significantly on the China because of the volumes involved. Bitcoin was $1200 once, and the best predictions indicate a value around $1000 in the next 3 years or so.
In any case, you could wait it out for a few years, probably the best bet.

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:02:49 PM

Will I make it?

Well as mentioned it does depend significantly on the China because of the volumes involved. Bitcoin was $1200 once, and the best predictions indicate a value around $1000 in the next 3 years or so.

The volume in China does not matter as the trading fee is 0% for big exchanges there.
softstorb

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

Will I make it?

The volume in China does not matter as the trading fee is 0% for big exchanges there.

What does the trading fee has to do when it comes to controlling 25% btc in circulation. They do have a huge effect.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:49:44 PM

That's not a fact though, it's an opinion. Will it for sure break $1,000 in less than a year? No. If Bitcoin became obsolete a month from now due to a much better alternative, it might never reach $1,000, or it could just take longer than expected. Not to mention that if it does break $1,000 it may well stay there.

If $1,000 was guaranteed a year from now, Bitcoin would be at least $900 or so since its present value would be $1,000 - (time value of money for 1 year).

Bitcoin will not get any close to obsolete in next 3 years from any better alternative.  Only option is that there come to some terrible flaw in protocol. That is only way Bitcoin gets obsolete in one year time.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:03:04 PM

Try to find some legal investments what will pay you regular dividends
I think you can find them on Alcurex exchange,thayare listening some company shares and i think thay take care of avoiding scams
other options goodstaking altcoins but it is always kind of gambling
generally put part of your btc at work
dont believe in miracles what are telling that you can make 30% per month,berealistic anddo your own due inteligence
good quote is

If something is to much hide it cant be truth
if there is no pronlem to find information about company what you want to invest,than consider to invest

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:47:03 PM

Bitcoin will not get any close to obsolete in next 3 years from any better alternative.  Only option is that there come to some terrible flaw in protocol. That is only way Bitcoin gets obsolete in one year time.

There are experts looking for bugs daily, tons of them. If any major flaw was there it would have occurred before. The protocol is rock solid, at this point is just not something worth worrying, so is a potential coin deprecating BTC anytime soon.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:15:01 PM

Will I make it?

What does the trading fee has to do when it comes to controlling 25% btc in circulation. They do have a huge effect.

They have more than 25% control of the bitcoin in circulation as fas as I knew, but yeh the volume coming from there is not only because of the apparent 0% fee. How do the exchanges make money? Withdrawals and deposits? Would be good to trade there for 0% as we did at stamp for awhile that had a slight increase in volume. OP if you haven't already you need to have been averaging down and that would be easy to get that back on the next small bubble to 300s.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:38:21 AM

Will I make it?
Yes i believe so. Hard to say exactly when btcprice will start to rise against the fiat currencys again, it could be a month or it could be a year until we see 1000+usd/btc, i doubt that it will take much longer that that.

Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:43:29 AM

Will I make it?

To answer your question, in my opinion, most likely not. Bitcoin has been hovering around the $220-$260 area for quite a while now, and it's going to take a huge amount of luck to even get into $300's+ again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: