Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Is Safer Compared To Other Digital Payment Platforms  (Read 1861 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:39:23 PM

Among digital payment platforms, bitcoin CANNOT be safer. The reason is because bitcoin has the components of cash, it's anonymous...if I lose what's in my pocket and someone else finds it i've lost it for good! Same exists for bitcoin - transactions are final. Thefts are nearly impossible to find or reverse. There's very little safety with bitcoin.

Oh, and the volatility of the price also reduces the safety, e.g., it wouldn't be safe to put your life savings into bitcoin because it could be worth half as much in 3 months. It could also be worth double too...

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:55:36 PM

Well, cash is number 1 in this survey and bitcoin is supposed to be digital cash... No wonder it's ranked above some very suspicious "digital wallets".

Beatkoyn

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:58:08 AM

A result of a new survey says that US customers are more confident in transacting bitcoin and considers it safe compared to other online wallets or mobile apps.

Although we are in the most bottom part of the survey, I myself can say that this is a positive thing for us.

As what analysts says, give bitcoin time.

Soon.

Cash will remain  number one. Maybe for first world countries, Bitcoin will soon become a house hold name, but for the people in the third world countries cash will still remain at number one.
uglybird

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:16:20 PM

A result of a new survey says that US customers are more confident in transacting bitcoin and considers it safe compared to other online wallets or mobile apps.

Although we are in the most bottom part of the survey, I myself can say that this is a positive thing for us.

Soon.

Yeah..  That is why we are all here.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:29:33 PM

Soon.

Bitcoin is considered safer among bitcoin users Wink
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:07:56 AM

A survey? If survey results said my FaceBook password (god) was safe, would it be?
Well since your FB password is a word spelled backwards (dog), it must be safe no matter what.

I don' think the point is so much how safe bitcoin actually is to use, it is more how safe it is perceived to be by the public, which is an indication of potential future use
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:22:13 AM

Soon.

Bitcoin is considered safer among bitcoin users Wink

Of course by bitcoin users because that is who uses it and that is who knows all other payment methods lack what bitcoin gives, the security that you have if you use it is brilliant and you have no worries about id theft and the rest of the crap as long as you take care your coins are safe. Bitcoin for the win Smiley

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:43:01 AM

Cash, debit cards, credit cards won the contest with Bitcoin third from last with 3% of the votes. People thought mobile wallets, money apps and Bitcoin/cryptocurrency are unsafe but Bitcoin is the safest of the unsafe methods.

You're a real "glass half full" kind of guy aren't you OP? LOL

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Soon.

Cash will remain  number one. Maybe for first world countries, Bitcoin will soon become a house hold name, but for the people in the third world countries cash will still remain at number one.

You are right.
Bitcoin is excellent solution for many average Internet users, because of security, decentralization, anonymity etc.
Of course, the most important prerequisite for the use Bitcoin is access to the Internet or local infrastructure.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BrunesBTC45

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

Soon.

That is one of bitcoin's selling factor.
Fast transactions, anonymity in every transaction, and of course a safe way to transfer some funds.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: