Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Idea] home lotto "pool"  (Read 462 times)
fourd00rgtz (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:31:15 AM

Locally (Canada) there are several home lottos that support charity/non-profits/hospitals in my area that run throughout the year.... They typically have at least one home, various vehicles, trips and then a lot of small prizes. Typically your odds of winning (something) are 1:20 and tickets usually are $100ea sometimes with larger packs available for less per ticket.

In the past I have contributed to some of these, as I feel that worst case if you win nothing you have helped a worthy cause. As such being basically gambling there is in no way any kind of charitable write off for tickets purchased. Most I have ever won was some cheap mp3 player that was probably worth less then what I paid for the ticket. But there's that chance of winning something sizable, and it's better odds then some powerball or lottomax.

I was just curious if there would be interest in pooling resources to buy tickets, and then share/split any rewards? For now I'm just interested if people would want to pursue something like this, we can hash out details if this idea has the legs to go anywhere.

Let me hear what you think.
For example http://www.lifestyleslottery.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: