Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop  (Read 26561 times)
canadacoin147 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:27:34 AM

You should have first a good market exchange like cryptsy or mintpal..... canadacoin is not active enough on market (not visible as well)
    The wallet is really too slow (time) to initiate.

The POS is really a problem, because you cannot let you wallet open. If you let open your wallet the POS system generates thousand of transaction into your wallet and the effect is to block your CPU to the ceiling  (actually I fight with 22000 transaction into my wallet because I have left my wallet open 24/7 to help...).  The result is: I have 130000 coin in 22000 dust coins. To consolidate I have to send to myself not more than 1000 coin at a time because if I try more the transaction fail for unexpected size.

It needs also more communication with the bitcoin community.

thanks for feedback.

it's a catch 22 with bigger exchanges, they don't want to add unless you have good following, and it's hard to get a good following unless you on a big exchange.

Well, we are certainly not the only POS coin out there, so I'm guessing that we are facing the same issues as others with regard to the proliferation of "dust coin". Is anyone aware of how other POS coins are dealing with this?

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrison999

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

NOTICE - CANADACOIN OFFICIAL POOL CLOSING JULY 20/2014

We will be closing the Official CanadaCoin Pool at noon PST (GMT 7pm) on Sunday, July 20, 2014.  At that time, they site will be taken down and all functionality, including coin payouts, will be disabled.

All members of the Pool should withdraw their coins to a wallet or exchange by that time.  Any coins left on the Pool at closing will become the property of CanadaCoin and will be added to the funds for promotion of the coin, etc.

A newsletter to all Pool members will also go out today.  We'll also post another notice here and via newsletter the day before the Pool closes.

Again, thanks to everyone who mined at the Official Pool!

Regards,

Chris
CanadaCoin Pool Op

chrison999

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:02:16 PM

The POS is really a problem, because you cannot let you wallet open. If you let open your wallet the POS system generates thousand of transaction into your wallet and the effect is to block your CPU to the ceiling  (actually I fight with 22000 transaction into my wallet because I have left my wallet open 24/7 to help...).  The result is: I have 130000 coin in 22000 dust coins. To consolidate I have to send to myself not more than 1000 coin at a time because if I try more the transaction fail for unexpected size.

Well, we are certainly not the only POS coin out there, so I'm guessing that we are facing the same issues as others with regard to the proliferation of "dust coin". Is anyone aware of how other POS coins are dealing with this?

I don't have any experience with PoS coins except CDA so I can't help with what's going on with other PoS coins.  I'm wondering, though, how to at least consolidate my coins so the wallet runs better?  Currently, my wallet constantly remains about 40K blocks behind the current block and is always "updating" but never catches up.

Do I just create another wallet and send myself the coins in the first wallet as it seems glop has done?  If I do that, will the first wallet update quicker and eventually catch up?  Also, does the PoS start again on the new wallet so that, eventually, I have to do it all again?

Thanks for any suggestions provided.

Regards,

Chris
JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:07:14 PM

I recently learned its better to consolidate coins earlier rather than wait till after many minting operations (unless your goal is plenty tiny amounts - to maybe send to many addresses). This is especially handy to do right after a minting operation, when the coin priority is low, as to not compromise coin weight later on.

FREEDOM
PryptoMontreal

Activity: 588
Merit: 285

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

Dev,

How many individuals have claimed cda so far? 
How many individuals have not claimed cda so far?

Any awareness push among Canadian citizens on your part?

Thank you.

thanks for asking...

Canadian claimants have been disappointing. Less than 50 signups to date.

Money was spent on facebook ads, press releases were made for the Airdrop and there has been active push on our facebook and twitter pages, as well as some SEO work done for organic search results.

We have an Ambassador Rewards (aka Affiliate reward program) to help users spread the word. Users get 147 coins for each referral that also signs up.

We need to find an innovative way to disperse hundreds of millions of coins to Canadians for free.  Open to your feedback, and involvement if you want to help push things along.

Unable to verify my identity using a Quebec area code (438) in your form. Could be the issue of a few of us.
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 06:34:57 PM

Dev,

Thank you.

thanks for asking...

Money was spent on facebook ads, press releases were made for the Airdrop and there has been active push on our facebook and twitter pages, as well as some SEO work done for organic search results.

We have an Ambassador Rewards (aka Affiliate reward program) to help users spread the word. Users get 147 coins for each referral that also signs up.

We need to find an innovative way to disperse hundreds of millions of coins to Canadians for free.  Open to your feedback, and involvement if you want to help push things along.

Unable to verify my identity using a Quebec area code (438) in your form. Could be the issue of a few of us.

thanks for letting us know, I'll get that added to the list...not sure how we missed it

pos4me

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:59:52 PM

Dev,

Thank you.

thanks for asking...

I don't know how much sponsorship/advertising is, but Phil Ivey's company, Ivey League training, is sponsoring the Canadian Poker Tour Summer Showdown: http://ca.pokernews.com/news/2014/07/ivey-league-joins-cpt-summer-showdown-as-key-sponsor-4509.htm

"This series looks to be the largest we have ever hosted as we expect prize pools to more than double the half a million dollars in guarantees. With players able to participate at 18 years of age and with no withholding tax, Canada is a premiere destination for players from around the world," explained Richard Keeley, CPT spokesperson.

For all inquiries on the CPT and Canadian Poker Player Magazine please email us at info@canadianpokertour.tv
http://www.canadianpokertour.tv/

Public moves like this are what will give the coin a presence. imo
canadacoin147 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:06:15 PM

Dev,

Thank you.

thanks for asking...

thanks for letting us know, I'll get that added to the list...not sure how we missed it

ok, your 438 area code should be active now, please give it anothe try and let me know if any issues...sorry Montreal/Quebec!

chrison999

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:32:14 AM

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

The Official CanadaCoin Pool (http://pool.canadacoin.net/index.php) is closing this Sunday at noon PST (7 pm GMT).  If you haven't already done so, please log-in and withdraw your coins by that time.  Any coins left in the Pool's wallet when the Pool closes will be considered a "donation" to CanadaCoin.

Another reminder...  if you have a large amount of coins to withdraw, please do it in blocks of 5,000 CDA or less as there's a known problem with large withdrawals that causes them to not go through.  If you have any problems withdrawing your coins, contact me at pool_op@canadacoin.org.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
CanadaCoin Pool Op
chrison999

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:51:31 PM

The Official CanadaCoin Pool is now permanently closed.  Thanks, again, to everyone who mined with us!

Regards,

Chris
CDA Pool Op
Troublesome96

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:50:27 AM

Is the rocket about to launch?

or is it a dud?
whatsabitworth

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:10:14 AM

Go Canada Go!

roadies

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:16:58 PM

So the coin is officially dead now?
beitris.dwlul

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:52:11 AM

SO dead!

CryptoBlox

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:31:26 PM

Unfortunately, due to inactivity and lack of support and development, the CanadaCoin Block Explorer has been shut down at CryptoBlox.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to the community.

www.CryptoBlox.com - 10+ Faucets, Block Explorers, Resources, and Mining Portal!

BTC = 1G1gKi3V5hvdB1ghYu4MykGGrJ2jfjqpm3
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:45:17 AM

sorry how things went michael

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:57:09 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 05:14:17 PM by JPred

Having been resentful of the sudden death of canadacoin, (I put extra money into this coin) I realized the coin was in fact stillborn - it never even had a chance to see the light of day, which makes it even more tragic. Reflecting upon this situation moves me to a place of contentment as I realize I myself exclaimed some time ago...

I don't know much about technicalities of blockchain safety, but want to say after seeing legions of new coins arising: "may the best coin(s) win!" , whenever that will be known - somewhere in the future Wink

...and even winked at the end, not fully realizing that I myself was directly going to be affected by the meaning of this very statement - somewhat ironic isn't it.

Well, time moved on, like it always do, which is good because with that change comes along as well, and new opportunities arise. I am happy to say I too moved along with time and would, if I could, lay a flower at the grave of this beautiful coin.

FREEDOM
crazytrain

Activity: 191

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:11:33 AM

I like countrycoins , but this seems dead.  Tongue
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile