Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama is “very interested” in raising taxes by executive order  (Read 617 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

Speaking to reporters on Monday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest suggested that President Obama is considering raising taxes unilaterally. Townhall reports (emphasis added):

“The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans,” Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

“Now I don’t want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of,” Earnest continued. “But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally,” Earnest finished.

Let’s just hope that the President is simply getting a little too into the third season of House of Cards and will slow down on the whole bypassing Congress thing once he finishes his binge watch.

More...http://rare.us/story/white-house-obama-is-very-interested-in-raising-taxes-by-executive-order/#O6B6UJF7BX0KrbaE.99

Just creating another precedent that erodes the separation of powers and consolidating more of it in the executive branch. I really think he's pushing the envelope on this one and am fairly optimistic that he'll hopefully get shot down and get liberal drones to start thinking about the consequences of their ideology's advancement toward authoritarianism.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:30:52 AM

Well, the war machine ain't going to pay itself. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: