Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:50:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Green trust..dark versus light.  (Read 1847 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 03:52:41 AM

Why does some trust show up light green and some shows up dark green? I have never seen it discussed...what is the difference?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:57:29 AM

I think it's because the more trust you get, the heavier it gets. Mine is probably the lightest.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:06:54 AM

The higher the trust number on the left the darker your trust score will be. Your number on the left is based on how many trust reports you have (by member of default trust - by default) and how long it has been since your first positive trust report, and a limit of one positive trust report per person per month (it also has to do with how many negative trust reports you have, however it is very rare for someone to both have green trust and one or more negative trust reports)

I am not sure what the cutoffs are for each shade of green
rikfredsy

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:08:54 AM

Why does some trust show up light green and some shows up dark green? I have never seen it discussed...what is the difference?
I think it because it old if E.g : If a user receive first trust will wait a year before it come green ,
So I think if its old it can be also be more bold  Roll Eyes

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:48:21 AM

Wondering this. How many positive trusts give you light green and how many to dark green?
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:50:01 AM

Wondering this. How many positive trusts give you light green and how many to dark green?

I think 5 gives you one of the darker shades.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:50:05 AM

As I explained above, it is not just how many positive trust reports you have, it is also the amount of time since you got your first positive trust; and these two factors give you your trust score, and your trust score determines how "dark" your trust rating is.
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:53:35 AM

As I explained above, it is not just how many positive trust reports you have, it is also the amount of time since you got your first positive trust; and these two factors give you your trust score, and your trust score determines how "dark" your trust rating is.

Alright that makes sense then. Was this posted somewhere on the forums? We need a sticky post with all of this stuff...it is hard to find it otherwise.
yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:12:27 AM

i think dark green trust is you have more positive trust than average coz i noticed dark green trust +20 or higher

Banned**
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:18:56 AM

Alright that makes sense then. Was this posted somewhere on the forums? We need a sticky post with all of this stuff...it is hard to find it otherwise.
The trust calculation is posted here by theymos, although I think it may have been adjusted somewhat since then, but this should give you the general calculation as to how your trust score is calculated.

I am not sure where the thing about the varying shades of green is posted, however I have noticed over time that people with different left trust scores have different shades of green, with the darker greens having higher trust scores
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:21:19 AM

theymos posted about this when he implemented 'Trust' but I couldn't find details Quickseller said. theymos/Badbear may need to update the post with more details or a person who knows best can do it.

Edit:

I think 5 gives you one of the darker shades.

I have seen Quickseller with +6. Quickseller is right in the explanation!

-MZ

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:05:54 AM

If the number on the left is +6 it will show up as dark green. The number on the left is influenced by the age and weight (btc risked) of your trust. I believe the formula for the left side is something like (trust value * months trust has been there)/10. It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's done in a way so that the more trust you have, the shorter amount of time it takes for a +1 to be added to the left. For instance, having only one positive feedback takes 10 months just to change from black to light green (0 to 1).
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:41:19 AM

If the number on the left is +6 it will show up as dark green. The number on the left is influenced by the age and weight (btc risked) of your trust. I believe the formula for the left side is something like (trust value * months trust has been there)/10. It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's done in a way so that the more trust you have, the shorter amount of time it takes for a +1 to be added to the left. For instance, having only one positive feedback takes 10 months just to change from black to light green (0 to 1).

so basically if someone did a 10 btc transaction it will have a more trust value than the one that got a trust rating of 0 btc risked?
are this thing applied otherwise to red trust?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 02:24:57 PM

so basically if someone did a 10 btc transaction it will have a more trust value than the one that got a trust rating of 0 btc risked?
are this thing applied otherwise to red trust?

Yes. I think it also applies for negative feedback but I am not sure. Anybody?

-MZ

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:25:54 PM

I have seen Quickseller with +6. Quickseller is right in the explanation!

-MZ

I'm talking about the number to the far left.I have highlighted it in green for you. 3: -0 / +14(14)

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:03:56 PM

It's about your trust depth.
If you're using the level 2 then you'll see level 3rd's light, level 2 and level 1 dark green.
If you're using level 3 then you'll see level 3, 2,1 in dark green and level 4 in light green.

You can change the depth here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 07:54:00 PM

It's about your trust depth.
If you're using the level 2 then you'll see level 3rd's light, level 2 and level 1 dark green.
If you're using level 3 then you'll see level 3, 2,1 in dark green and level 4 in light green.

You can change the depth here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

No, Quickseller is on my level 1 (directly on my personal list) and is light green.

Code:
10: -1 / +16(16) -> dark green
 5: -0 / + 5 (5) -> light green
 7: -0 / + 7 (7) -> dark green

MadZ allready explained it. The first number to the left must be over 5 for dark green text.

-snip-
The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.
-snip-

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:48:56 PM

Why is that important anyway ? I also wonder why some trusts in extreme right show only in black !!!

e.g. Muhammed Zakir: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943

Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:01:29 PM

Why is that important anyway ? I also wonder why some trusts in extreme right show only in black !!!

e.g. Muhammed Zakir: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943

I was curious from another thread where OP was wanting an account with dark green trust not light green. I had no idea what the difference was so I asked.

I am locking this thread since it has been answered!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: