Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you deny evidence? bitcoin has deluded all us  (Read 4532 times)
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:59:13 PM

I see many idealists still thinking in a future rise. Why? The only real rise of bitcoin was due to a bubble, simply a bubble which lasted all 2013? from that bubble we always thought that was a trend, it was not. We and I were all super enthusiastic. None could forecast that after almost 2.years bitcoin was worth less than before. Tell yourself the truth do not try to convince about what you would like it to be. Actually people are NOT interested in using bitcoin. Yes banks are evil, sure, devil itself, but people like simplicity, many people are...how can I say? stupid and get used to their simple things.  Most people do not like to change. And they do not like to risk. There is no real reason why bitcoin should be mass adopted...to do what? Send money to someone, something you could do with very small fees (I can assure you I constantly do bank transfers I usually spend 1 euro whatever the bank transfer is) doing it A LONE with no warranty? knowing that a small minimal error, a hacker, a sudden Loss in value, could make you lose everything or a big part of your money?   as you see its nonsense.
There will be neither mass adoption nor total failure. Bitcoin will still be used for some years by some nerds, and it will get slowly less and less valuable until it will be finally forgotten, buried in some history book in the chapter ".utopias".  See history. How many utopias (political economical etc) have realised, how many failed soon or.after?  I know it's a good dream but we should wake up until it's to late... bitcoin will slowly be forgotten.

Why? Look at greece in the next months and then you'll see how bitcoin is going to save a lot of asses. You are the one that is deluded since you cant see beyond current price.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:25:37 PM

I just feel bad for those who bought bitcoins at the high rate of $1000 as they must have incurred such a huge loss as since about a year, the price has never reached even $350 and now it seems it will take another year to reach $300. I just do not want the rate to go blow $250.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:12:30 PM

I just feel bad for those who bought bitcoins at the high rate of $1000 as they must have incurred such a huge loss as since about a year, the price has never reached even $350 and now it seems it will take another year to reach $300. I just do not want the rate to go blow $250.

You'd have to have good reason to hodl on at that point. After buying at the peak before a crash I'd have trouble seeing any value in the long-term.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:41:53 PM

They would up with x10 gains if they were able to hodl for 10 years, but most people simply aren't cut for long term investments and this is one.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:25:29 PM

I think bitcoin will never be used from all the people who live in the World, because some people have not an internet connection (and obvious) don't know how to use a pc or another device. Other people never used a Credit/debit card and they are accustomed to use only cash.

I think (instead) bitcoin will be a good alternative to send a large quantity of money without the use of any bank and obviously with the lowest fee in the world, the immediate, the not possible to make chargeback , and a lot of other good quality that the FIAT value doesn't "own".

Remember  "everyone has a right to issue his own money".

It's all about use-cases as you said. It's good for some uses. Bad for others. It's the only option for some cases too. More and more uses for it will become clear with time.

Yes of course, everything in this world has good & bad aspect. I hope that bitcoin in the next few years will attract more people for its good aspect and usability.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:27:15 AM

I was caught up in the excitement , seeing the limited supply of 21m.  Didnt consider the thousands of new coins a day.  Price is supply and demand,  end of story.  Im not upset. .I fully expect bitcoin goes to the moon but It will take time.

Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:06:06 AM

They would up with x10 gains if they were able to hodl for 10 years, but most people simply aren't cut for long term investments and this is one.

Do you have any kind of proof that it is going x10 in 10 years Smiley or is that just a number you are throwing out ther and hoping for the best because lets face it if we look at the past since it creation we would not be planning a ten times in  ten years.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:37:33 AM

The evidence is that Bitcoin is still around, after its abysmal decline. While a lot of people aren't using it, it is expanding in the minds of multitudes of people around the world.

Fiat currencies are collapsing. The banking system is falling apart. That's the reason for Quantum Easing and all the other money manipulations. Bankers are trying to hold the fiat system together.

Nobody knows what would happen if people lost faith in the fiat system overnight. But, as the cost of things increases, and the pay to laborers doesn't keep up nearly fast enough, laborers are increasingly looking for alternatives. Bitcoin has the chance of becoming it, because the people want to trade, and they see more and more the mess the bankers have made out of fiat.

If the fiat system loses credibility overnight, or if it fails for some other reason, Bitcoin just might be IT, along with gold and silver, provided the whole national and world idea of trade doesn't collapse right along with fiat.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:04:18 PM

I was caught up in the excitement , seeing the limited supply of 21m.  Didnt consider the thousands of new coins a day.  Price is supply and demand,  end of story.  Im not upset. .I fully expect bitcoin goes to the moon but It will take time.

I agree. But I wonder if altcoins also affect Bitcoin's inflation. The separation between cryptocurrencies is tiny and moving between them is pretty easy. Doesn't this essentially blur the differences between them, and as each new one comes out it in essence adds to Bitcoin's inflation?

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:06:54 PM

I agree. But I wonder if altcoins also affect Bitcoin's inflation. The separation between cryptocurrencies is tiny and moving between them is pretty easy. Doesn't this essentially blur the differences between them, and as each new one comes out it in essence adds to Bitcoin's inflation?

I don't think the altcoins affect the bitcoin inflation (so the price). I think it is the contrary, the bitcoin affect all the other altcoins.
liliwang

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:17:08 PM

i like bitcoin but i use cash every day

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:28:10 PM

I see many idealists still thinking in a future rise. Why? The only real rise of bitcoin was due to a bubble, simply a bubble which lasted all 2013? from that bubble we always thought that was a trend, it was not. We and I were all super enthusiastic. None could forecast that after almost 2.years bitcoin was worth less than before. Tell yourself the truth do not try to convince about what you would like it to be. Actually people are NOT interested in using bitcoin. Yes banks are evil, sure, devil itself, but people like simplicity, many people are...how can I say? stupid and get used to their simple things.  Most people do not like to change. And they do not like to risk. There is no real reason why bitcoin should be mass adopted...to do what? Send money to someone, something you could do with very small fees (I can assure you I constantly do bank transfers I usually spend 1 euro whatever the bank transfer is) doing it A LONE with no warranty? knowing that a small minimal error, a hacker, a sudden Loss in value, could make you lose everything or a big part of your money?   as you see its nonsense.
There will be neither mass adoption nor total failure. Bitcoin will still be used for some years by some nerds, and it will get slowly less and less valuable until it will be finally forgotten, buried in some history book in the chapter ".utopias".  See history. How many utopias (political economical etc) have realised, how many failed soon or.after?  I know it's a good dream but we should wake up until it's to late... bitcoin will slowly be forgotten.

Sorry mate, but you jumped into something in hopes of get rich quick without doing enough research. You gambled, and you lost. You shouldn't blame your chosen speculative vehicle for your bad trades. BTW same thing can happen with gold. Should we say that gold is crap?
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:43:03 PM

I can see a lot of people here, including op. With the same thought pattern they thought that bitcoin will be a blitz revolution, instant change. That total adoption will be painful and whole process will end before even anyone could notice. That bitcoin will be world currency before end of a year and everyone would be using it. And I am afraid that this is not the case with bitcoin, cryptocurrency revolution is painful, slow and with big problems along the road.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:04:10 PM

I see many idealists still thinking in a future rise. Why? The only real rise of bitcoin was due to a bubble, simply a bubble which lasted all 2013? from that bubble we always thought that was a trend, it was not. We and I were all super enthusiastic. None could forecast that after almost 2.years bitcoin was worth less than before. Tell yourself the truth do not try to convince about what you would like it to be. Actually people are NOT interested in using bitcoin. Yes banks are evil, sure, devil itself, but people like simplicity, many people are...how can I say? stupid and get used to their simple things.  Most people do not like to change. And they do not like to risk. There is no real reason why bitcoin should be mass adopted...to do what? Send money to someone, something you could do with very small fees (I can assure you I constantly do bank transfers I usually spend 1 euro whatever the bank transfer is) doing it A LONE with no warranty? knowing that a small minimal error, a hacker, a sudden Loss in value, could make you lose everything or a big part of your money?   as you see its nonsense.
There will be neither mass adoption nor total failure. Bitcoin will still be used for some years by some nerds, and it will get slowly less and less valuable until it will be finally forgotten, buried in some history book in the chapter ".utopias".  See history. How many utopias (political economical etc) have realised, how many failed soon or.after?  I know it's a good dream but we should wake up until it's to late... bitcoin will slowly be forgotten.

We're not forcing everybody here to think what the future might have in store for bitcoin. Sure you can believe that it will fail, it's your own opinion and you are free to do that. The future is very unpredictable, and the future itself is too scary. Most people do not like to change, yes, and who else wants to have the risks? Somehow, the future will force everyone to change--not for the worse--for the better. Go on and do wire transfers and pay $$$. No one forces you to change that.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:47:19 PM

We're not forcing everybody here to think what the future might have in store for bitcoin. Sure you can believe that it will fail, it's your own opinion and you are free to do that. The future is very unpredictable, and the future itself is too scary. Most people do not like to change, yes, and who else wants to have the risks? Somehow, the future will force everyone to change--not for the worse--for the better. Go on and do wire transfers and pay $$$. No one forces you to change that.

I like your thinking.
My feeling is that BTC have bright future, but we will not see success in short time, as expected by many users.
Patience is key here but, at same point down the road, people will see and understand benefits of BTC and step by step we will see more and more people using it, until, bitcoin become mainstream.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:04:04 PM

He makes sense and this is a completely normal and expected feeling. I share your thoughts and slightly agree.. Granted there is too much in the world, and bitcoin is going to be the napster of money and all of finance. Get used to it.. Will it take few years yes, but in about 10 years bitcoin and block chain technology is going to be used by  basically everybody. In 20 years the world will likely be a completely different place…

Each century usually begins about 10-15 years after the 1000mark. So the year 2000 was a good year for technology going mainstream, but today we have p2p financial tools that don't need banks at all.. By 2020-2025 we will be entirely cash free, and the shapes and structures of the economy will be completely changes and largely p2p. Corporations will have a much more difficult brainwashing everyone. the successes from the previous decade will allow 2025-2035 spring way ahead in economic, environmental, social changes, political change never before seen, hopefully for the good..

All the noise coming out of washington, CNN, FOX news will largely be gone. The world will hopefully be a wealthy place, with sustainable business practices practiced globally.

World peace should be common place…. Thanks to bitcoin.
true-asset

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 10:33:43 AM

You can only be deluded by something that you invested in without fully understanding. You do not have to hold bitcoin longer than 1 day to benefit from it as a payment vehicle. If you want to treat it like an investment, than you need to do a lot more research about why its going to appreciate in exchange rate against the dollar before throwing money at something you do not really understand fully.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 12:11:17 PM

LOL! People are not sure if they will live for 10 years and how can one be sure that the price will rise 10 times? For us $1000 is a huge sum as of now and after 10 years it may be worth $10 just like $10 used to be one's salary in the 1970s and now it is worth a one time meal.  Tongue

For me, I would never hold bitcoins for more than a month as the moment it crashes to $100 or less, I would repent for being greedy.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 12:42:56 PM

I think the worst thing here is living every day worrying about the price. I had the same problem until I have to tell myself to stop checking the price so often. I don't know what to say, the more you think about it, the more delusional you will become. Best thing is set things aside and stop worrying and get on with life. That's how I deal with it myself.

Truthful

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:36:06 AM

You can only be deluded by something that you invested in without fully understanding. You do not have to hold bitcoin longer than 1 day to benefit from it as a payment vehicle. If you want to treat it like an investment, than you need to do a lot more research about why its going to appreciate in exchange rate against the dollar before throwing money at something you do not really understand fully.

You deluded people, as the developer of Urocoin, into thinking that Urocoin supposedly has value  Huh  Huh

There has been a complete lack of information provided about the coin you keep trying to push. People did research and found so many flaws, but it was dismissed by you and the NIER's that you claim are backing this coin.

No proof has ever been provided about the coin supposedly being used as a method of payment. The coin is no where near parity and people have lost money.

You expected people to, 'throw money at something (Urocoin)" without understanding it fully. There was little or no information provided.

There has been obvious price manipulation and the so called exchange you tried to set up with scam VBBB is now defunct.  Roll Eyes

The "stage" event at Hong Kong was summed up by the Coin Telegraph.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112832/urose-2014-conference-what-we-should-expect-from-urocoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: