Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Reason Bitcoin Should Succeed...  (Read 1634 times)
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:45:31 AM

Well I only read the middle part of the thread but I can say that it's great to read that BTC is a subject in school now!
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:29:41 AM

People obviously don't see the benefits that are right there. I've seen similar things happen and the people getting mad and even hitting the machine in the past.
I guess we should make Bitcoin a subject in schools, maybe in 10 years we will have a better generation.
how do you mean, whether bitcoin will be included in the subject matter or created a new subject?
it is not the main thing, it must be approved by the local state government. if it can be done should be tested is applied in a lecture
calme

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:34:26 AM

They won't approve it b/c then the kids will drop out of school and just yell "Moon!" and "It's dead!" online all day.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:42:06 AM

I doubt they just make bitcoin payment for just a parking bill Undecided

People obviously don't see the benefits that are right there. I've seen similar things happen and the people getting mad and even hitting the machine in the past.
I guess we should make Bitcoin a subject in schools, maybe in 10 years we will have a better generation.

Yes it must be add in curriculum schools, maybe in entrepreneur or economic schools
I see the thread discussion about this
calme

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:16:08 AM

But if we wait until they are in economics schools, they will have missed the train.

We need to be teaching them about blockchain technology while they are in kindergarten or preschool.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:29:12 AM

The advantage which I see using bitcoin as a payment method here for the parking is that if let's say you know you are going to exit the mall very soon, you can just initiate payment online half an hour or so before by just scanning the QR code to make the payment using your smartphone. After that proceed straight to the parking lot without wasting any time. Of course, that couldn't be easier

Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:35:52 AM

That's not a fiat problem, that's a lack of payment methods problem...

well payment method are related to fiat, seeing how bitcoin payed method is different

Please rephrase that post and give it like 2minutes of your time because that is not making sense to me at least or is it because i have just got up hold on i will read again..... Nope makes no sense to me, payment methods are related to anything you can make payment with Cheesy Can you please clear it up what you are trying to say. Thank you.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
calme

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:48:31 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 07:55:35 AM by calme

The advantage which I see using bitcoin as a payment method here for the parking is that if let's say you know you are going to exit the mall very soon, you can just initiate payment online half an hour or so before by just scanning the QR code to make the payment using your smartphone. After that proceed straight to the parking lot without wasting any time. Of course, that couldn't be easier
You could do that with fiat, though. Some benefits with BTC could be

1) lower cost for the consumer compared to forms of payment with high transaction fees.
*even this could be done in fiat if a debit card is used, except with BTC, you don't have to worry about being charged for insufficient funds like is common with banks.
2) no chargebacks (good for the parking business).
3) no currency conversion fees for ppl who switch countries and just want to use the same money as usual.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:43:46 PM

how do you mean, whether bitcoin will be included in the subject matter or created a new subject?
it is not the main thing, it must be approved by the local state government. if it can be done should be tested is applied in a lecture
Not included, but taught separately. 1 hour a week should do fine.
In private schools as well? I don't have knowledge about education laws.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:26:55 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 02:37:01 PM by Amph

That's not a fiat problem, that's a lack of payment methods problem...

well payment method are related to fiat, seeing how bitcoin payed method is different

Please rephrase that post and give it like 2minutes of your time because that is not making sense to me at least or is it because i have just got up hold on i will read again..... Nope makes no sense to me, payment methods are related to anything you can make payment with Cheesy Can you please clear it up what you are trying to say. Thank you.

you don't use a debit card with bitcoin, that's a fiat payment method, i hope it's clear
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: