Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will data carry over?  (Read 2823 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:30:34 AM

Will the new forum have the same activity/trust system as the old one?

Yes but there might be a slight different thing in Trust system. This page might be shown, currently it is hidden-like page. This isn't a big change though and also a proposal regarding trust system was posted in Meta, it might be alive when new forum comes.

-MZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:43:01 AM

That's all easily moved over. The point is that when the user's password is hashed in the old DB. We aren't going to just copy that over, the user will need to access a link and that link needs to be sent over securely. Email is the best option right now.

why not?
if you use a different hash algo you may just have a flag which recalcutes after first login

Mostly because we won't have access to it.

ah, that makes sense. thanks for clarification.

still i'd appreciate a better way (eg theymos making one account transfer page on the old forum)

but i can live with it

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:14:11 PM

Will the new forum have the same activity/trust system as the old one?

Yes but there might be a slight different thing in Trust system. This page might be shown, currently it is hidden-like page. This isn't a big change though and also a proposal regarding trust system was posted in Meta, it might be alive when new forum comes.

-MZ
I've never actually known about that page , trust system is imo alot more complicated than it needs to be tho.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 02:22:09 PM

I've never actually known about that page , trust system is imo alot more complicated than it needs to be tho.

That complication saved many people and also made this system stand for this long. It is never complicated if you read what you should read. See the recent discussion about trust system.

-MZ

yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:23:29 AM

As a confirmation, we're working really hard to make sure as much of the data is carried over. The only thing we can't carry over is passwords, so when you first log on to the new forum, you'll need to set a new password.

This will probably be done over email so make sure the email you have registered with THIS forum is your email and not ... say a burner email account like mailinator or something like that.

it is good to know, if thats the case, dummy accounts will be removed.. hate to see brand new and newbie accounts that is not in use anymore

Banned**
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: