Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TZM thread: Does it still even matter to people anymore?  (Read 595 times)
chennan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:56:26 AM

Forgive me for going on a rant here, but I was recently just thinking about this.  Before you read further, this is about the Zeitgeist Movement; and seeing if there is a genuine interest anymore. 

People who got started in Bitcoin a while ago got influenced by it, because they believed that it possessed the power to give power back to the people.  This really doesn't seem to be the case any more. People are only interested in this virtual currency because it seems to be a vesicle for people to earn "free" money.  It seems as the days go by, people don't really give a shit any more about the power of being your own bank and not having to rely on the monetary system of the Central Banks; nor do people really seem to care about the reality of continually going into debt for the rest of your working life.

The Zeitgeist Movement obviously was very controversial and didn't go over very well with a lot of people.  It touched on a lot of touchy subjects like religion, philosophy, politics, and the list goes on.  You can be able to disagree with some aspects in religion and philosophy that the documentaries/movies touched on, but you can't deny the reality of what is presented about the continuing, overhanging debt that every citizen of every nation must undergo.

Regardless of philosophical view points or religious beliefs, there is no denying the system the Central Banks puts upon us are a very well orchestrated system of continuous enslavement of citizens from birth to death; unless of course, you are the 1% who can afford to put millions of dollars into CD's to gain interests rates that are in itself a ponzi scheme to the max.

It was bad enough when the Federal Reserve issued these "notes" or dollars, euros, yen, etc., backed on the "gold standard" which promised the amount of gold per note; but ever sense this gold standard was dropped, there has been nothing more than perpetual inflation and ridiculous loans being made out which cannot be made back.  To make things even worse, I'm pretty sure only 3% is in the physical form and the remaining 97% is all digitalized...

Which brings us to Bitcoin.

If something is going to digitally transferred between person to person, why should it be something created out of nothing, which in turn needs to paid back with interest; instead of a finite system, a digital "gold" if you will, that can be mined and stored in your own, personally owned, banking vault which can be taken out and stored at will?  When will people stop and listen?  What needs to be done to make people realize that they are playing into the hands of governments and the Fed, by being a modern slave? 

This is what's more concerning though...

If you tell them about this inevitable problem, they really don't seem to care.  Worse, is that if you propose that you want to believe in a philosophy that you want the well being for everyone on the planet and not just for your nation, you are deemed not "patriotic" and are labeled and "anarchist" or "marxist", which has a pretty bad stigma with people.  The Zeitgeist proposes something that is not of a philosophy that has been able to be developed until now, and shouldn't be labeled as a political philosophy; but rather it should be labeled as a philosophy for a type of government that uses logical intelligence that is backed by math and science to not waste resources and meet the demands of everyone.

Also, what's concerning is that the people who were once into Bitcoin for the financial freedoms it proposed, are now more interested in the financial game that is now in play and are only interested in it to cash out to have extra spending money... and so this cycle of corrupt economics continues...

What do we need to do to make people realize of the dire situation we are currently facing?

... Or does it still even matter to people anymore?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:20:45 AM

Forgive me for going on a rant here, but I was recently just thinking about this.  Before you read further, this is about the Zeitgeist Movement; and seeing if there is a genuine interest anymore. 

People who got started in Bitcoin a while ago got influenced by it, because they believed that it possessed the power to give power back to the people.  This really doesn't seem to be the case any more. People are only interested in this virtual currency because it seems to be a vesicle for people to earn "free" money.  It seems as the days go by, people don't really give a shit any more about the power of being your own bank and not having to rely on the monetary system of the Central Banks; nor do people really seem to care about the reality of continually going into debt for the rest of your working life.

The Zeitgeist Movement obviously was very controversial and didn't go over very well with a lot of people.  It touched on a lot of touchy subjects like religion, philosophy, politics, and the list goes on.  You can be able to disagree with some aspects in religion and philosophy that the documentaries/movies touched on, but you can't deny the reality of what is presented about the continuing, overhanging debt that every citizen of every nation must undergo.

Regardless of philosophical view points or religious beliefs, there is no denying the system the Central Banks puts upon us are a very well orchestrated system of continuous enslavement of citizens from birth to death; unless of course, you are the 1% who can afford to put millions of dollars into CD's to gain interests rates that are in itself a ponzi scheme to the max.

It was bad enough when the Federal Reserve issued these "notes" or dollars, euros, yen, etc., backed on the "gold standard" which promised the amount of gold per note; but ever sense this gold standard was dropped, there has been nothing more than perpetual inflation and ridiculous loans being made out which cannot be made back.  To make things even worse, I'm pretty sure only 3% is in the physical form and the remaining 97% is all digitalized...

Which brings us to Bitcoin.

If something is going to digitally transferred between person to person, why should it be something created out of nothing, which in turn needs to paid back with interest; instead of a finite system, a digital "gold" if you will, that can be mined and stored in your own, personally owned, banking vault which can be taken out and stored at will?  When will people stop and listen?  What needs to be done to make people realize that they are playing into the hands of governments and the Fed, by being a modern slave? 

This is what's more concerning though...

If you tell them about this inevitable problem, they really don't seem to care.  Worse, is that if you propose that you want to believe in a philosophy that you want the well being for everyone on the planet and not just for your nation, you are deemed not "patriotic" and are labeled and "anarchist" or "marxist", which has a pretty bad stigma with people.  The Zeitgeist proposes something that is not of a philosophy that has been able to be developed until now, and shouldn't be labeled as a political philosophy; but rather it should be labeled as a philosophy for a type of government that uses logical intelligence that is backed by math and science to not waste resources and meet the demands of everyone.

Also, what's concerning is that the people who were once into Bitcoin for the financial freedoms it proposed, are now more interested in the financial game that is now in play and are only interested in it to cash out to have extra spending money... and so this cycle of corrupt economics continues...

What do we need to do to make people realize of the dire situation we are currently facing?

... Or does it still even matter to people anymore?

Oh Zeitgeist was the very first *red pill* type of thing that I started my journey into abnormal things like, conspiracies etc and how things work exactly.

It was actually the first time I turned atheist

I read a massive amounts of shit since 2008, im 24 right now.

I just read everything.
john maynard keynes

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:35:23 AM

Bitcoin does not solve the problems of debt and interest.

I liked the first and second movie of TZM but when i watched The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation i understood that this system is a dictatorship so i stopped to watch these movies.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 01:08:44 PM

I liked the first and second movie of TZM but when i watched The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation i understood that this system is a dictatorship so i stopped to watch these movies.

Similar thoughts. I did enjoy the critique and analysis of the current system(s), but they went full-retard on proposed solutions.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:05:56 PM

TZM appears to be a collectivist appeal to people with a pro-liberty mindset.

The concepts of "debt slavery" and "accumulation" reveal a misunderstanding of how free markets work, or should work.

The anarchocapitalists and cryptoanarchists I know do not oppose banks in principle.  They do not even oppose fractional reserve banking in principle.  But to them, the Basel III capital requirements presuppose a level of trust that necessitates government intervention in the economy, and government backing of banks and monied interests against the interests of small property holders.

In my personal experience, it's good for an intelligent young person to question everything and to think openly without attachments to established ideas.  As one gets older, builds a stake, starts a family, and earns recognition for one's unique talents, the world comes into sharper focus.  It becomes clear that some orthodoxies exist for good reasons, and that not all orthodoxies are bad.

The challenge in my life, and probably for many intellectually inclined middle-aged people, is balancing one's urge to question, inquire, and challenge with respect for the needs of others.  The needs of others often comes in the form of orthodoxy, like it or not.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:21:05 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 03:54:49 PM by thejaytiesto

TZM appears to be a collectivist appeal to people with a pro-liberty mindset.

The concepts of "debt slavery" and "accumulation" reveal a misunderstanding of how free markets work, or should work.

The anarchocapitalists and cryptoanarchists I know do not oppose banks in principle.  They do not even oppose fractional reserve banking in principle.  But to them, the Basel III capital requirements presuppose a level of trust that necessitates government intervention in the economy, and government backing of banks and monied interests against the interests of small property holders.

In my personal experience, it's good for an intelligent young person to question everything and to think openly without attachments to established ideas.  As one gets older, builds a stake, starts a family, and earns recognition for one's unique talents, the world comes into sharper focus.  It becomes clear that some orthodoxies exist for good reasons, and that not all orthodoxies are bad.

The challenge in my life, and probably for many intellectually inclined middle-aged people, is balancing one's urge to question, inquire, and challenge with respect for the needs of others.  The needs of others often comes in the form of orthodoxy, like it or not.

Not everyone wants to have a family and do the normal things, im never having kids. Also most of the anarchocapitalists I know like Jeff Berwick are opposed to banks far as I know. In any case the ultimate goal for Bitcoin was to get rid of banks, but a lot of people out there aren't cut to be responsable so they actually like the idea of someone else managing their money which is why services like Xapo will still be a success. But with Bitcoin you solve the rigged money supply problem and a lot of other things. The system is a scam, old people just get tired and rely on family and whatnot. Watch "the big short" it's a great movie about all the shit that's coming. Im glad I got my ass on Bitcoin on time. Already seeing the benefits as it goes up while China bubble goes to hell and it hasn't even started.
chennan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:11:32 AM

Similar thoughts. I did enjoy the critique and analysis of the current system(s), but they went full-retard on proposed solutions.

Dictatorship? It's quite the opposite, I think... The last movie I saw in 2011 moving forward; proposed a system where we have a scientifically ran society that is not ran by one entity or person, group, etc.  We all benefit from the advancements in technology and start enjoying our life, and that means everyone.  There will be no politics in this kind of proposed society, so a "dictatorship" does not explain this type of philosophy, IMO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: