Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: one question tickling my mind  (Read 3595 times)
Clara.Wilfred

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:41:03 PM

Yes. Bitcoins don't lose validity as long as you keep the private keys safe.
But it is quite possible that some of the huge bitcoin stashes from early mining are inaccessible due to lost wallets - people did not be particularly careful with their wallets when bitcoins were worth basically nothing.

Onkel Paul

Ive actually read that over 4million bitcoins have been lost. There is an industry developing of people going into scrap yards and collecting hard drives and checking if they contain any bitcoin which I find interesting. I think this will only increase as the price increases as well considering there are potentially 4 million out there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:20:53 PM

Ive actually read that over 4million bitcoins have been lost. There is an industry developing of people going into scrap yards and collecting hard drives and checking if they contain any bitcoin which I find interesting. I think this will only increase as the price increases as well considering there are potentially 4 million out there

You are too deep involved in the mainstream media circus. Yes, there are coins actually never going to be in circulation anymore, but that number is definitely not even remotely close to that 4 million figure. The main point of importance is that just because coins haven't been circulating in the last 5 or so years, it doesn't mean they are lost by default. In most cases these coins are being kept offline because there is simply no need to use or move them. What's the point of using these coins at current levels, when you very likely can do that at +$100,000 levels? On top of that, it may also be that they are being kept offline to avoid tax and all that....
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:43:52 AM

of course bitcoin is still used for transactions for those who want payment using bitcoin and if you save bitcoin when in 2011 with that much then surely now you can become rich. but all nobody can know the price of the coin they hold.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:24:56 AM

Of course those bitcoins are still valid up until now if he chooses to keep those bitcoin and i don't think that there is an expiration for bitcoin to when it is only valid to use in transactions. That strategy the millionaires from bitcoin made their fortune they held their bitcoin from a few years up until now and they are now rich because they sold some of their bitcoin.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:55:09 AM

i have one question..

in 2011 bitcoins per 50,000 to 500,000 we spent for nothing, just pranking and stuff...

if one person kept 50,000 bitcoins in his account from 2011 up till now,

would the bitcoins still be valid for transactions?
I do not think that bitcoin has expiration of usage because bitcoin now and then are the same aside from the price that change over the years. Bitcoin then can be use for transactions even for how many years of keeping it to the wallet for its profit. It is not other coin that might use it's value when no more investors interested and no other company that uses that coin for exchange.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
almaerk08

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:39:07 AM

Yes these bitcoins are still valid and will always be valid. Even how many years you have kept them, there would be no expiration for that  as long as you also have kept your private keys to safety.
shelimy

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

Yes it will still be valid, there are no expiration date for bitcoin as long as the person still remember the private key and got access to that coin, and that person will be very rich now and can buy a lot of thing that he wanted and can become inspiration for other crypto currency.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:59:43 PM

I have being looking for an opportunity to ask this question. What is wrong with our generation? People are very dishonest, other always take advantage of those they are better than,corruption,nepotism etc the list goes on and on .God help us to solve our problems .

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

I have being looking for an opportunity to ask this question. What is wrong with our generation? People are very dishonest, other always take advantage of those they are better than,corruption,nepotism etc the list goes on and on .God help us to solve our problems .
Well it is our own fault if we will give them a chance to do bad with us then for sure they will do it so it is our own responsibility to be careful, so if you will keep your private key safe and sound with you then no one will be able to cheat with you, honest and dishonest people are all over us, just be careful then no worry whatever the situation is you will win and earn at the end.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

hard to find someone who hold that big ammount and trust bitcoin will rise till now , but if that people really exist
the answer is defintly yes for me
Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:01:26 PM

Well i can only imagine how rich is that guy by now if he really has that amount of bitcoins and store it up to a safe place. It doesn't mean that once you store you bitcoins, it will already lose its value and validity. The fact is that it is still usable and there is no expiration as long as he has the keys secured and has the coins as well. Imagine if it was really true then he would become a billionaire by now.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
jennygamilo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:38:05 PM

I have a question?

Why people really hates Bitcoin ? Why did they bash Bitcoin? Did Bitcoin hurts them ? Or they just want to prove that Bitcoin is not that really helpful ?
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:58:16 PM

i have one question..

in 2011 bitcoins per 50,000 to 500,000 we spent for nothing, just pranking and stuff...

People back in 2011 didn't realize how much of a big thing bitcoin would become in 7 years, and honestly no one saw it coming, so they didn't really pay attention to details like wallet private keys or where to store it, so i am sure that are probably hidden amounts of bitcoin out there stored some place waiting for their owners to come back.
zero9119

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:13:43 PM

I have a question?

Why people really hates Bitcoin ? Why did they bash Bitcoin? Did Bitcoin hurts them ? Or they just want to prove that Bitcoin is not that really helpful ?
I think that a large number of people do not like bitcoin because they do not understand it and partly because they fear bitcoin will take up their job (bank ...). With the convenience and usefulness of the payment and finance sector, there is no reason not to use bitcoin in these areas to make financial management work much easier.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:36:06 PM

i have one question..

In my opinion bitcoin has no validation youbcan used it anytime for transaction or convert it to fiat currencies.Bitcoin were usually used for long term investments and even if you will hold it for how many years for as long as bitcoin were still profitable and value will bever come to zero then most probay it is still valid for  using as a mode of payments etc.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

I have a question?

Maybe they were late into investing into bitcoins and are very bitter about the whole thing and are trying to spoil it for everyone who is and might want to invest in the near future.
Dancobit

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:14:07 PM

i have one question..

Any transaction that has a payment purpose or other obligation that must be met with money or other financial transactions
Before packing up, this is an era of progress,
Do not let us miss the train again, quickly explored regulation only, Do not anti-evidence, progress is undeniable, it is written
MaoDio

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:53:04 AM

"Hind sight is 20/20"

It's easy to look back and know what you would have done.

But what about today? In 5 years Bitcoin may be worth $10,000 each. Most of us will be saying "I should have bought hundreds of bitcoins when they were only $300 each. Some people will be saying "I did buy hundreds of bitcoins when they were $300 each, and now I'm rich!"

TT

Was just reading the thread, that we surpassed almost 20k just 2 1/2 years later is quite amusing and we still have the doubters today which question cryptocurrencies, if not for bitcoin then i can say for sure that we wont experience a world anymore where crypto looses its value and adaption.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 04:14:00 AM

i have one question..

I have different opinion on this matter. I think if all Bitcoin holders at that time (2010) just hold without spent (using) it, Bitcoin could be useless. Present value is determined from the past action. Bitcoin reach $10k price along with its stories, such as pizza day, Cyprus banking crisis, and other countries with "trash" fiat value. You may argue with gold case when it mainly uses for store of value, BUT gold has a long history of being medium of exchange.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:23:21 AM

i have one question..

There is no underlying rule that bitcoins would lose its validity as time goes by. Individuals who have stashed a lot of bitcoins from the beginning could have been sleeping under a bed full of money right now.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: