Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 4149 times)
kingcolex (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:15:08 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2023, 07:59:02 PM by kingcolex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:31:06 PM

i was using artic f12 pwn, and they are pretty silent at 40-50% , your should be even more silent(22 db artic vs 17), i think they are good enough
johncban

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:04:44 PM

Good Day All,

I bought an S4 miner and almost got evicted because of the fan noise so I decided to re-sell it back to ebay; however, I am conflicted and badly wanted to mine bitcoin more so I can pay my bills while saving my money for masters program. I am wondering is there a DIY manual to change the S4's fan and what kind of fan type do I have to buy that have low dbm and as silent as S3's fan so that my land lord who lives in the first floor won't complain.

Thanks in advance,
johncban
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:29:37 PM

Good Day All,

I bought an S4 miner and almost got evicted because of the fan noise so I decided to re-sell it back to ebay; however, I am conflicted and badly wanted to mine bitcoin more so I can pay my bills while saving my money for masters program. I am wondering is there a DIY manual to change the S4's fan and what kind of fan type do I have to buy that have low dbm and as silent as S3's fan so that my land lord who lives in the first floor won't complain.

Thanks in advance,
johncban

I guess it depends on what you want.  As far as most quiet miner the Avalon 4.1 nothing has came near it on quietness. And I have tested a lot of miners, but yes with this one you pay a premium. -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008726.0
johncban

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:00:04 PM

Good Day All,

Thanks in advance,
johncban

I guess it depends on what you want.  As far as most quiet miner the Avalon 4.1 nothing has came near it on quietness. And I have tested a lot of miners, but yes with this one you pay a premium. -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008726.0

Thanks for replying notlist3d,

I would like to ditch the PSU currently I have 2 S3+ and an external PSU seems a head ache because my place didn't have enough space. Plus I need to reduce the configuration time; however, thanks for the info I will keep that in my list to buy if I cannot upgrade the S4 fan.

Respectfully,
johncban
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:10:08 PM

Good Day All,

Thanks in advance,
johncban

I would like to ditch the PSU currently I have 2 S3+ and an external PSU seems a head ache because my place didn't have enough space. Plus I need to reduce the configuration time; however, thanks for the info I will keep that in my list to buy if I cannot upgrade the S4 fan.

Respectfully,
johncban

Try downclocking the S4. But I think the S4 is the loudest miners out there. Don't know if downclocking will do anything.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:25:26 PM

Good Day All,

Thanks in advance,
johncban

I guess it depends on what you want.  As far as most quiet miner the Avalon 4.1 nothing has came near it on quietness. And I have tested a lot of miners, but yes with this one you pay a premium. -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008726.0

Respectfully,
johncban

Try downclocking the S4. But I think the S4 is the loudest miners out there. Don't know if downclocking will do anything.

I think if he want's to keep the S4's.  It will likely be a combination of underclocking and switching fans.   But I don't know if that for sure will fix his problem with neighbors.  It just is a heck of a miner on power.

I would hate to have a landlord who is mad about sound from 2nd floor.
johncban

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:31:32 AM

Good Day All,

Thanks in advance,
johncban

I guess it depends on what you want.  As far as most quiet miner the Avalon 4.1 nothing has came near it on quietness. And I have tested a lot of miners, but yes with this one you pay a premium. -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008726.0

Respectfully,
johncban

I think if he want's to keep the S4's.  It will likely be a combination of underclocking and switching fans.   But I don't know if that for sure will fix his problem with neighbors.  It just is a heck of a miner on power.

I would like to keep the S4, because I wanted to use my BTC revenue for paying the bills as I work to save money for my masters program that I wanted to take next year or after several months. Unfortunately, I thought that S4's dbm would not be a big deal for the two floor apartment Sad

Respectfully,
Jc
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:56:37 AM

Good Day All,

Thanks in advance,
johncban

Respectfully,
johncban

I would like to keep the S4, because I wanted to use my BTC revenue for paying the bills as I work to save money for my masters program that I wanted to take next year or after several months. Unfortunately, I thought that S4's dbm would not be a big deal for the two floor apartment Sad

Respectfully,
Jc

You might look and see if you can find a way to make where you run it better at being "sound proof".   Although this will additional cost.

Sadly though I would do the math with 2T I don't think it's going to get your very far on paying for a masters.
johncban

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:04:04 AM

I was told about these fans
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027
by Dogie, apparently the High static is a big thing to worry about so I purchased two for a different miner I have in hand right now a Thunder X3.

Good Evening kingcolex,

I would like to know if the fan above works fine to your S4 miner? I bought an S4 last week and unfortunately the noise is unbearable that the land lord noticed it last night because his daughters cannot sleep in the first floor.
I am in second floor but the noise is quite concerning.

Thanks and Respectfully,
johncban
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:55:25 AM

by Dogie, apparently the High static is a big thing to worry about so I purchased two for a different miner I have in hand right now a Thunder X3.

I picked up a few of those a couple of months ago based on dogie's recommendation.
They absolutely will NOT work to properly cool an S4 in average summer temps across the US.
If it is only one S4, and heavily underclocked (how are you changing the voltage? just curious) and you have it in a room with the AC then sure, they work. Otherwise those fans are for S3, S5, etc, not S4, they are too weak.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:14:23 AM

I picked up a few of those a couple of months ago based on dogie's recommendation.
They absolutely will NOT work to properly cool an S4 in average summer temps across the US.
If it is only one S4, and heavily underclocked (how are you changing the voltage? just curious) and you have it in a room with the AC then sure, they work. Otherwise those fans are for S3, S5, etc, not S4, they are too weak.

you should look at cfm spec when purchasing one, their cfm seems high enough (62.5), maybe you need something a bit higer like 90 of cfm

if you can find a way to replace them with 140 fan(you need to remove the case i think) you could resolve this issue
johncban

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:15:07 AM

Thanks for your reply,

I just remove the voltage values like my s4 (under miner configuration > advanced miner configuration) and yes summer is coming here in Jersey City that I decided to put my two S3+ to a small server cabinet; however, deep in my mind I cannot just let go of my S4 but since you mentioned about summer because sometimes Jersey City's summer can reach up to 90 degrees or 100 at worst with humidity involve I just have to sell it via ebay or if someone here at bitcoin talk would be interested.

I actually bought the machine for about $560 from ebay but I am willing to sell for about $500
or
In exchange with a single S5.

I just dont wanted the machine to be wasted or even burn my apartment down in summer Sad
If you guys know someone who are willing to buy an S4 for $500, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
johncban
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:15:20 AM

You have a good point about summer coming.  Depending on location the heat can be a big problem.  I have started to get my gear ready for summer.

I know you want the S4.  But you might be better off trying to sell and getting a quieter machine.  Or change fans, and extreme underclock.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:17:49 AM

Thanks for your reply,

I just remove the voltage values like my s4 (under miner configuration > advanced miner configuration) and yes summer is coming here in Jersey City that I decided to put my two S3+ to a small server cabinet; however, deep of my mind I cannot just let go of my S4 but since you mentioned about summer because sometimes Jersey City's summer can reach up to 90 degrees or 100 at worst with humidity involve I just have to tell it via ebay or if someone here at bitcoin talk would be interested.

I actually bought the machine for about $560 from ebay but I am willing to sell for about $500
or

I just dont wanted the machine to be wasted or even burn my apartment down in summer Sad
If you guys know someone who are willing to buy an S4 for $500, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
johncban

With being new you will have to use escrow if you do sell it.  But there is a forum for selling: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

You might give it a shot.  Also might check Craigslist to see if you can find anyone in your town without needing shipping.
johncban

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:26:03 AM

Thanks for your reply,

I just remove the voltage values like my s4 (under miner configuration > advanced miner configuration) and yes summer is coming here in Jersey City that I decided to put my two S3+ to a small server cabinet; however, deep of my mind I cannot just let go of my S4 but since you mentioned about summer because sometimes Jersey City's summer can reach up to 90 degrees or 100 at worst with humidity involve I just have to tell it via ebay or if someone here at bitcoin talk would be interested.

or

Thanks and Regards,
johncban

With being new you will have to use escrow if you do sell it.  But there is a forum for selling: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

You might give it a shot.  Also might check Craigslist to see if you can find anyone in your town without needing shipping.

Thanks Smiley

I will try it on the forum. Unfortunately I cannot open the S4's case because its under warranty from ebay and I just bought it last week. It's also my mistake because of my noobness buying stuff in ebay. So again if everyone is interested there's a 30 day warranty and the firmware is updated but under factory defaults. Or I will talk to the guys in the said forum is they have one C5 that willing to exchange with a brand new S5.

Regards and Thanks,
johncban
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:38:10 AM

(shortened post size ie was massive)

Thanks Smiley

I will try it on the forum. Unfortunately I cannot open the S4's case because its under warranty from ebay and I just bought it last week. It's also my mistake because of my noobness buying stuff in ebay. So again if everyone is interested there's a 30 day warranty and the firmware is updated but under factory defaults. Or I will talk to the guys in the said forum is they have one C5 that willing to exchange with a brand new S5.

Regards and Thanks,
johncban

I would highly suggest not trading a S4 for a C1 if that is what you mean.  The S5 if you mean the S4 still is worth more in value.

As far as ebay there is really not much of a warranty it is more of you can open a claim.   At this point I don't know if there are any new S4's being sold that would have a warranty I think it's used market.   So it's not really the Bitmain warranty that you want.  
johncban

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:52:32 AM

Thanks Smiley

Regards and Thanks,
johncban

I would highly suggest not trading a S4 for a C1 if that is what you mean.  The S5 if you mean the S4 still is worth more in value.

As far as ebay there is really not much of a warranty it is more of you can open a claim.   At this point I don't know if there are any new S4's being sold that would have a warranty I think it's used market.   So it's not really the Bitmain warranty that you want.  

Thanks for replying again Smiley

The warranty like is from a bitcoin business the re-sell bitcoin miner machines from bitmain or other independent miners but you mentioned about S5 and I checked it out it seems doable but C1 is a questionable miner though because it needs a liquid cooling system.

Regards,
johncban
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:07:44 AM

Thanks Smiley

Regards and Thanks,
johncban

Thanks for replying again Smiley

The warranty like is from a bitcoin business the re-sell bitcoin miner machines from bitmain or other independent miners but you mentioned about S5 and I checked it out it seems doable but C1 is a questionable miner though because it needs a liquid cooling system.

Regards,
johncban

The C1 is a toy I consider it as you do it for fun with the water.  Once you get it tuned right it can be good.  S5 I would agree is more what your looking for.  Only thing is I think with summer you will still need to do a mod on it to make quiet, and possibly underclock.

I would like you to be able to keep the S4.   Have you looked into if you can make the area more "sound proof"?   It's a lot of work but if you underclock, replace fan's and isolate sound you might be able to keep it.  And there are louder miners out there so It could be worse.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7864

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:33:16 PM

Jersey City power is not cheap.  you will lose money mining unless you have free power.

Once the landlord sees 1200 watts or 1.2kwatts x 24 x 30 = 864 kwatts he will want to charge more money.

Some advice if the power is 'free'  do not be a hog about it  get a better miner and use less power.

The s-5 is able to clock to 1000gh and use 500 watts  alter the fans it is pretty quiet.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:42:37 PM

Jersey City power is not cheap.  you will lose money mining unless you have free power.

Once the landlord sees 1200 watts or 1.2kwatts x 24 x 30 = 864 kwatts he will want to charge more money.

Some advice if the power is 'free'  do not be a hog about it  get a better miner and use less power.

The s-5 is able to clock to 1000gh and use 500 watts  alter the fans it is pretty quiet.

Not only want to charge more.  But in this case it sounds like a good way to get you landlord mad if hes the apartment under you and it lets a lot of sound through.

I would never make it this situation.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: