Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This message was too old and has been purged  (Read 26050 times)
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:05:11 AM

Well maybe it was found tot to be fully anonymous so he felt it was better to change to a name that was more clearnet then darknet.

Prolly not the case though.

Or maybe they had realized after working with a lot of businesses in the past year that a name like Darkcoin or ShadowCoin for example will never get any real adoption.  Roll Eyes

well it's a good thing its not shadowcoin, its shadowcash. And my comment was more meant as a joke.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:22:41 AM

well it's a good thing its not shadowcoin, its shadowcash.

Oh yea my bad, that changes everything.  Grin
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

Sad but true.  Angry

Btw this thread could be closed now. The OP just wants to have his fame and he got it now. No point to discuss anymore.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:04:19 AM

SO what happened with Evil-Knievel? Does he have something or not re DarkSend de-anonymization?
Has anything come from this besides a power struggle between anon coins?

00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:11:11 AM

well it's a good thing its not shadowcoin, its shadowcash.

Oh yea my bad, that changes everything.  Grin

Of course, branding means alot.
f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:13:24 AM

SO what happened with Evil-Knievel? Does he have something or not re DarkSend de-anonymization?

You've hit the nail on the head there. I think there has been three or so people claiming to do this (same guy?) but nothing every materialises...
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:39:27 AM

You've hit the nail on the head there. I think there has been three or so people claiming to do this (same guy?) but nothing every materialises...

yeah, I've been watching this thread closely. Nothing has come yet, but then again, he did post on friday, and if he is actively developing something, I'm sure it takes time.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:04:20 PM

yeah, I've been watching this thread closely. Nothing has come yet, but then again, he did post on friday, and if he is actively developing something, I'm sure it takes time.

I never actually took that into consideration, you could be right. I have drk myself so enjoy these posts discussing the tech, the trolling...not so much.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:17:49 PM

If the re-branding is going to coincide with a shift away from anonymity I think the DASH dev knows something we don't, perhaps some flaw not yet disclosed to general public was discovered which is so fatal to anonymity that only re-purposing and re-braning the whole project makes sense.

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:25:29 PM

If the re-branding is going to coincide with a shift away from anonymity I think the DASH dev knows something we don't, perhaps some flaw not yet disclosed to general public was discovered which is so fatal to anonymity that only re-purposing and re-braning the whole project makes sense.

i heard dash was the name of a detergent. maybe thats the new purpose? cleaning your bitcoins from taint
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:31:46 PM

i heard dash was the name of a detergent. maybe thats the new purpose? cleaning your bitcoins from taint

Or maybe you use DASH to clean your taint?

Taint -> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taint

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:33:13 PM

This sounds likely to me. The one thing DarkCoin had going for it was that it was faux-anonymous.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

He has a reputation for creating drama with grand claims. He's done it before with Bitcoin.

Although in general I'd expect any mixing based anonymity to be traceable by a sufficiently motivated attacker. So I wouldn't be surprised if his claims are true. But I don't think he's ever followed through on one of these types of threads.
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:53:19 PM

Even with this, the new name resembles a lot Dashcoin's name.

And this matters, why exactly? I haven't even heard of Dashcoin until today/yesterday.

Wwll, this matters if you want to use an original name. And sometimes using a name which is already in use by another can cause some confusion. For example, there are 2 coins with the name Paycoin. When the second Paycoin was launched by GAW, some people confused it with the original Paycoin and caused a little spike on its volume and price.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:21:18 PM

This sounds likely to me. The one thing DarkCoin had going for it was that it was faux-anonymous.

I couldn't figure out why Duff would buy a perfectly good coin, with proven state-of-the-art Cryptonote anon, only to ruin it with shitty trusted 3rd party Masternodes.

Now I'm thinking the DASH rebranding is an attempt to escape Darkcoin's widespread reputation for being an instamined scam with questionable, frequently-broken crypto.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:37:15 PM

I'm thinking the DASH rebranding is an attempt to escape Darkcoin's widespread reputation for being an instamined scam with questionable, frequently-broken crypto.

Actually the reason is that it's easier to approach a merchant or a business and ask if they'd like to accept "DASH" than "Darkcoin", because whether we like it or not, people will associate anything "dark" with illicit activities.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:46:12 PM

I'm thinking the DASH rebranding is an attempt to escape Darkcoin's widespread reputation for being an instamined scam with questionable, frequently-broken crypto.

Actually the reason is that it's easier to approach a merchant or a business and ask if they'd like to accept "DASH" than "Darkcoin", because whether we like it or not, people will associate anything "dark" with illicit activities.

That's very true.  But it raises some questions.

Darkcoin initially marketed to and found success with supporters of "dark" activities/markets, so isn't it tremendously unfair to them that the coins they purchased/mined have been suddenly rebranded to a generic squeaky-clean detergent name?

From a technical point of view DASH's changes are INCOMPATIBLE with the Darkcoin code/blockchain, so should we expect a chain swap or are we looking at a fresh start, with a possible new premine/instamine??

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:05:25 PM

Darkcoin initially marketed to and found success with supporters of "dark" activities/markets, so isn't it tremendously unfair to them that the coins they purchased/mined have been suddenly rebranded to a generic squeaky-clean detergent name?

From a technical point of view DASH's changes are INCOMPATIBLE with the Darkcoin code/blockchain, so should we expect a chain swap or are we looking at a fresh start, with a possible new premine/instamine??

Officially Darkcoin was never marketed to dark markets or for criminal activities. Evan Duffield was very clear on that. The wallet even had (dunno if it still has) a dialog that popped up on the first launch that made the user agree that he would not use it for anything illegal. Eager fans obviously tried to market it to anyone and everywhere, but the official policy was to steer away from that.

Dashcoin (the Bytecoin clone) will stay the way it is, and Darkcoin will just change its name to DASH.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 04:39:17 PM

Shadow Motherboard Article: 

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:01:03 PM

poor SDC holders claiming for attention in every thread

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: