Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about the balance in my watching only wallet vs my hot wallet  (Read 1324 times)
rabbit1979 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:16:10 AM

Ok, so I created a new wallet with two-factor auth. Backed up my private keys, master public keys (all 3), seed, and wallet password.

electrum was open now and sync'd w/ the network.

I then restored a new standard wallet using one of my public keys (#1), and then electrum opened as watching only. got rid of my hot wallet file (w/ a backup made of course first).

I sent $10 worth of BTC to my watching only wallet.

Now, when I restore my hot wallet from seed (w/ two-factor), i still see a 0 balance.

what happened? i only see my balance in the watching only wallet.

Thanks.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:50:39 AM

Two factor wallet != a single master pubkey.

You created a watch-only wallet WITHOUT two factor auth... it only makes sense that the hot wallet will ALSO not have two factor auth.

Restore your hot wallet as a standard wallet (no two factor) and it should generate your addresses (assuming the watch-only wallet is the corresponding master public key)

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
rabbit1979 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:15:52 AM

I've got it figured out now. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: