Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:00:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems using Electrum with a VPN  (Read 2176 times)
stan.stan (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:45:31 PM

Hi guys , I am having some problems using Electrum with a VPN service. Whenever I run Electrum directly it connects and the indicator turns green, however when I start up my vpn (cyberghost) and then run Electrum, the indicator remains red and the status is displayed as "not connected". Please I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong here. I want to create a new anonymous wallet on Electrum and I would like to use a VPN to do this . Thanks in advance.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dinox

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:09:51 PM

I just tested Electrum 2.0 though a PPTP VPN and it works fine. Are you sure your VPN is configured correctly? I do not think this is an error on Electrum's part.

blockchain.info/fb/1dinox - 1Dinox3mFw8yykpAZXFGEKeH4VX1Mzbcxe
Active trader on #bitcoin-otc - See here - Proof that my nick is dinox here
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:12:30 PM

IIRC this happened to me a couple times as well. I just decided to shut off my VPN and the problem was fixed. If you're interested in using Electrum anonymously, look into using Electrum over Tor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: