Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken (unofficial) Android App (featuring Trading !)  (Read 2559 times)
AntoineViau (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:05:16 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 04:55:52 PM by AntoineViau

Hello,

I created an Android app specifically for Kraken.
It is built with Ionic framework (Cordova + AngularJS).

You will find sources here :
https://github.com/AntoineViau/Kraken

You may download it (at your own risks) here :
http://www.antoineviau.com/kraken/index.html

An action video is here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA0CTIXfW9I

This is an early release, there is a lot of work to do, but the main features "should" be working.

I am not related to Kraken.com

Feel free to ask any question.

Antoine
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:22:31 PM

What are Kraken's thoughts on this?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
AntoineViau (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:33:25 PM

I sent them my app. Got a reception aknowledgment but no news since.
I use their public API (https://www.kraken.com/help/api) so I guess there no problem so far.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:45:40 PM

What are Kraken's thoughts on this?

We generally appreciate third parties who build useful services around our platform, so long as they aren't doing anything uncool like putting our clients at risk or infringing on our rights. We don't give any approval or endorsement of this app and our clients should understand that they use it at their own risk. At the very least, clients should limit the risk by generating a special API key for use with the app that has limited permissions (most importantly it should not have the withdraw funds permission). This probably isn't applicable here, but it would also be wise not to share the email associated with your kraken account (and in general be careful about sharing any personal information).
AntoineViau (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:50:18 PM

We generally appreciate third parties who build useful services around our platform, so long as they aren't doing anything uncool like putting our clients at risk or infringing on our rights. We don't give any approval or endorsement of this app and our clients should understand that they use it at their own risk. At the very least, clients should limit the risk by generating a special API key for use with the app that has limited permissions (most importantly it should not have the withdraw funds permission). This probably isn't applicable here, but it would also be wise not to share the email associated with your kraken account (and in general be careful about sharing any personal information).

Agreed. Also, my app does not ask anything but API keys.
I will put a version on Google Play ASAP.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:46:17 PM

Hey, I'm glad I found this. This is really great. I will download and try it out soon. What has your experience been working with Ionic framework? I've been researching the hybrid stuff - it's great for a lot of use cases.

AntoineViau (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

So far I am in love with Ionic, espcially because I love AngularJS :-)
But... I only tried it on a Nexus 4 and I really don't know how it renders on other smartphone, especially the older ones.
I think the hybrid is the future for most use cases, but we need a few years to get it spreaded.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:43:31 PM

naming your app kraken , is kind of like saying its  krakens offical app , dont you think ?
AntoineViau (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:46:22 PM

Well, since it works only with Kraken and I am a lazy marketer, I chose to call it this way.
But, you're right about this thread subject, I should have added "unofficial".
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:55:07 PM

Well, since it works only with Kraken and I am a lazy marketer, I chose to call it this way.
But, you're right about this thread subject, I should have added "unofficial".
its not to late to edit : )
im just saying , hopefully you're legit but people should be aware what their getting into.
AntoineViau (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:59:06 PM

its not to late to edit : )
im just saying , hopefully you're legit but people should be aware what their getting into.
Done !  Smiley
I have done this app on my spare time. Unfortunatly I am quite busy right now.
But as soon as I find more time, I will write more documentation, and put it on the Google Play Store.
Right now, the download is here for the impatient and adventurous user, but in a perfect worl, another developper would review my code, eventually build the project and sign it...
NewJerseyJess

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:34:04 PM

Pretty sweet, I will check it out.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:29:36 PM

I would really like to use it, the video makes it look cool. Need to download the source code and getting it running though if it's not too hard.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: