Bitcoin Forum
October 17, 2018, 01:03:45 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: badbear is a fascist pig  (Read 2305 times)
.why

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:04:51 PM

Why is this piece of shit still an admin? Free speech my ass, just look at all the bannings, not even counting the ones that don't post!

FREE THE FORUM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1186

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 11:18:42 PM

I know rite. Who does BadBear think he is in trying to keep the forum clean from spammers and people breaking the very liberal rules the forum has?

Not only that but BadBear is not even a very good bear, if someone were to rank his status in being a "Bear" they would probably rank him as being 'bad', hell they might even call him a Bad Bear I have waited months for someone to make a 'I hate BadBear' thread to post this

Which account did he ban, and what was the reason? A lot of people have been banned as of recently because of signature spam, among other reasons and as a result spam has been reduced, although I think there are still a good number of people who should be banned that have clearly not been banned

3PjXm2XYDKLV5mN3oiKzNTyVvSkqP3ujeq <-- tipping address Advertise here
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1033

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:19:39 PM

Why is this piece of shit still an admin? Free speech my ass, just look at all the bannings, not even counting the ones that don't post!

FREE THE FORUM!

You are FREE to start your own. If you don't want to do that and want to remain here, learn to follow the rules. If this is asking too much, feel FREE to go, problem solved.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1024

#Free market

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:37:54 PM

I think there is only one BIG forum rule here : don't spam.

The users are continuing to spam, at least in this  *time* of ban you can read the forum rules here :

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.msg5106206#msg5106206
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:56:40 PM

Which of your account's did he ban, so we can see your spamming posts?

I've learned the more a moderator/user is called out in Meta for "unfair bannings/trust"; the better job they're doing patrolling the forum.
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1051

circa 2012

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:59:08 PM

A good old ban-evasion way, create a new account to flame admins. Ah, ah.

This area is empty, but you can PM me if you want to fill it.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:21:50 AM

Fascist pig. That's a new one for BadBear Smiley.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1033

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:25:28 AM

Fascist pig. That a new one for BadBear Smiley.

Man, BadBearPig?  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1108

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:28:32 AM

I agree! What a jerk! I'll let you in on a dirty secret that needs to be exposed! More people than just the people posting in meta have been banned!!! Of the forum's 456,000 members, the 10 people with, "I posted 500 times in the last 30 minutes, but each post had at least 6 letters in it, why did I get banned?" threads are just the tip of the iceburg. Hundreds more are banned daily. We need to right this wrong! Bans for those that don't spam, spambots are the new admins, and your account is deleted if you don't scam and post at least 50 posts per hour with under 6 letters per post!

("I'm joking" disclosure: I'm sure if I dont mention my post is a joke, someone will complain about being banned after following my advice above)

I'm seriously waiting for someone to make a new less strict Bitcoin forum, I honestly want to see what would happen.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
TotalShift

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:14:30 AM

How do you know that BadBear is the one that bans you? There is a big chance it could be other mods or EyeofSauron the bot automatically bans you.  Smiley
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:15:48 AM

I do regret that all this is necessary, and wish it wasn't the case. I'm sure a good number of the ones being banned are good people who have a lot to bring to the forum, they just let temptation get the better of them. Dirty job, but somebody has to do it. I'm not sure if the spam is going to be controllable though. Payments are high and accounts are cheap. The people running the campaigns don't seem to care, or don't take the time to actually look beyond skimming the post history, which is not going to be enough a good percentage of the time. Quite often it's more subtle than that. Sig campaigns are only okay as long as the spam can be dealt with.

I don't enjoy banning people, but it's still the best option, I can't pm everyone and keep track of them all, and get in debates with the ones who would dispute it.

I'm sure I won't make any friends in the coming weeks though, I plan to continue and dedicate a significant amount of my time here to this.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:24:25 AM

If you stopped spamming you halfwits you wouldn't get banned, it's not fucking difficult, I have no sympathy for you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1186

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:30:20 AM

I do regret that all this is necessary, and wish it wasn't the case. I'm sure a good number of the ones being banned are good people who have a lot to bring to the forum, they just let temptation get the better of them. Dirty job, but somebody has to do it. I'm not sure if the spam is going to be controllable though. Payments are high and accounts are cheap. The people running the campaigns don't seem to care, or don't take the time to actually look beyond skimming the post history, which is not going to be enough a good percentage of the time. Quite often it's more subtle than that. Sig campaigns are only okay as long as the spam can be dealt with.

I don't enjoy banning people, but it's still the best option, I can't pm everyone and keep track of them all, and get in debates with the ones who would dispute it.

I'm sure I won't make any friends in the coming weeks though, I plan to continue and dedicate a significant amount of my time here to this.
I would say that it does make sense financially if the owner of a site were to give incentives for a campaign manager to week out spammers. As the operator/manger of my own signature campaign I was able to quickly weed out the spammer accounts/shill accounts, and after only one payment period, I had, for all intensive purposes no spam like posts by my participants (not only that but everyone participating was extremely friendly despite me paying below market rates).

In theory, companies/sites will realize the benefits to only allowing people who do not spam to their signature campaigns over the long run, including the withholding of payment to spammers when they do have a lot of spam posts. This will likely create a lot of controversy over the short run, however very reputable sites (like Prime Dice) will be able to make fair decisions regarding payment so spammers and eventually spammers will not get paid regardless of their ban status (which will make the fact that they got banned irrelevant)  

3PjXm2XYDKLV5mN3oiKzNTyVvSkqP3ujeq <-- tipping address Advertise here
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:46:18 AM

FREE THE FORUM!

Bans are not suddenly coming out of the blue; but, usually come as results of people breaking forum rules, here & here. So, maybe, the best way to avoid being banned is not breaking forum rules. IF You cannot still follow bitcointalk.org forum rules, you always take KWH advice and go build your own forum.

I would say that it does make sense financially if the owner of a site were to give incentives for a campaign manager to week out spammers. As the operator/manger of my own signature campaign I was able to quickly weed out the spammer accounts/shill accounts, and after only one payment period, I had, for all intensive purposes no spam like posts by my participants (not only that but everyone participating was extremely friendly despite me paying below market rates).

In theory, companies/sites will realize the benefits to only allowing people who do not spam to their signature campaigns over the long run, including the withholding of payment to spammers when they do have a lot of spam posts. This will likely create a lot of controversy over the short run, however very reputable sites (like Prime Dice) will be able to make fair decisions regarding payment so spammers and eventually spammers will not get paid regardless of their ban status (which will make the fact that they got banned irrelevant) 

I suppose the fight against spam experienced the same dynamics of an arms race, with every defensive weapon surpassed by a new offensive one which in turn will be surpassed by a new defensive one. However, i think campaign managers could donate a small amount of the money - maybe the withheld payments due to spammers mentioned by Quickseller - to initiatives aimed at promoting effective reporting of spam posts like the one -  Help the forum and earn Bitcoins! - run by Muhammed Zakir. To be honest I have to credit MZ initiative to helping me a lot in better understanding forum rules.
As a former LEO I can say this: Enforcing regulations never help you making friends!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:53:21 AM

One would think so, since the majority of their profits/customers are coming from here, ensuring the forum maintains some quality and continues to be good resource should be their highest priority for continued long term success. We'll see I guess.

Time to get back to being a fascist pig, aint easy oppressing people.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
romanPolansky00

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:22:47 AM

If you stopped spamming you halfwits you wouldn't get banned, it's not fucking difficult, I have no sympathy for you.

If admins want really to stop spam, they need to bann signature campaign.
But thi is impossibile.
Admins gains too, from signature campaign.
So this is impossibile.
I think 100 posts, six letters each, is spam...
But i never do that, and i was banned the same
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:01:03 AM

Nope, you should start reading stickies and the links in it.

But thi is impossibile.

Right.

Who? You might be referring to staffs. No admins is joining any campaign.

So this is impossibile.

Right.

Right.

If one is considered as spam, it doesn't mean others aren't! There other reasons for banning. Could you tell which account was banned?

-MZ

peligro

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:19:08 AM

If one is considered as spam, it doesn't mean others aren't! There other reasons for banning. Could you tell which account was banned?

Accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=981621.0
abyrnes81

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:01:05 AM

Accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=981621.0

The unique problem with his posts is not the length but the rapidity between a post/msg and the other. This is why he was banned, and also because he is wearing a signature ad.
hilariousandco
Cupper Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1340

everithyng will be ok

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:52:18 AM

People who get banned are obviously going to be pissed but what they don't realise is this is actually by far the best way to deal with them as harsh as it may seem. Once banned most people will decide to book their ideas up and up their contributions because it's not worth losing their account over. To the people that do get banned and are angry about it ask yourself this: would you prefer to one day wake up and find that your accounts have been temp banned for a week or that signature advertising has been permanently banned forever? Because that's what's going to happen if people keep abusing it in such a fashion and I'm guessing for most of the people that end up getting banned you wouldn't be sticking around this forum if signature campaigns were removed anyway so you're shooting yourself in the foot and screwing everyone else over in the process. You should thank yourself lucky that this forum isn't run by tyrannical cunts and is operated by people who know what they're doing and only have the best interests at heart but there is only so much they can compromise. You should be grateful we've got someone like BadBear in charge because believe it or not he's probably your last ally for signature campaigns and is doing his best to deal with them but if you lose his patience then they'll probably have to go because there's no one left to help clean up the mess. He's not a tyrant or a fascist and is actually pretty reasonable especially considering dealing with all these issues that arise from signature campaigns is just adding to his workload and while I'm sure he can handle it and it's like water off a ducks back getting called stupid unnecessary shit all the time can get annoying fast. It would almost certainly be far easier for him to just ban campaigns and wash his hands of them all together but he's doing his best and that patience wont last forever. Please just put some effort into your posts and contribute relevantly so you don't lose the incredible opportunity to earn some free bitcoin which is by far the easiest way you will ever have to get your hands on them, less it's back to wasting your time earning dust from faucets and doing odd jobs for pittance.

But thi is impossibile.
So this is impossibile.

It's not impossible. It would probably be quite easy to disable everyone from having signatures and that would be far a simpler solution to the spam but hopefully it doesn't have to come to that but it almost certainly will if people don't change their behavior. If you see someone making poor quality posts send them a polite PM telling them poor quality posts are very likely to get them banned. If they don't listen report them to a mod or campaign manager (or this can be your first option if you don't want to get involved).

BadBear/the mods can only do so much and the bans are the simplest solution but campaign managers need to do their bit also. They need to take some time checking their users posts before they pay out and if they can't do that they'll need to scale their campaigns down or find someone to do the work for them. Yes, it is time-consuming to do but this is what you should expect signing up for the job of looking after the campaign and it is no easy task. If people were being refused payment often they'd soon learn their lesson and add to the fact that they risk getting banned for it as well it's really not worth it to keep on spamming.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████                              
▄████▀            ████      ████                  ████
█████           ▄████▀     ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▀▀▀▀      ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
 █████▄                  ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄        ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀     ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄    ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀    ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄     ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████     ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██           ▄████▄  ▄████▄  ██▄██▄██▄
████▌          █████    ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀           ██▀     ██▀  ▀██ ██  ██  ██
████▄       ▄▄████▀                                   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄██  ▄████▄ ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██
 ██████████████▀▀                                       ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██
   ▀██████▀▀▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Bitcoin Casino
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
█       ██                █
█      █▄▄█               █
█     █▀  ▀█              █
█                         █
█       ▄▄                █
█     ▄████▄              █