Bitcoin Forum
November 15, 2018, 12:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: badbear is a fascist pig  (Read 2306 times)
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1094

Somewhat inactive.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 11:48:17 AM

If one is considered as spam, it doesn't mean others aren't! There other reasons for banning. Could you tell which account was banned?

Accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=981621.0

The unique problem with his posts is not the length but the rapidity between a post/msg and the other. This is why he was banned, and also because he is wearing a signature ad.
True. However, I doubt the admins only considered these two as a factor to ban someone. If you look at the example's posting style, he is blatantly spamming the forum with useless post in Games and rounds and alt coins forum. It isn't at all contributing to the topic itself. It would be better if he is posting constructively and with more content. This is impossible if the time between posts is very fast as finding a topic then construct a constructive post would take more than 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:27:05 PM

Another anti-admin thread with poor Badbear on the receiving end. You guys should keep going, they read like a good comedy.
This used to be my favourite one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625540.0, learn from the best.

kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:14:33 PM

I agree! What a jerk! I'll let you in on a dirty secret that needs to be exposed! More people than just the people posting in meta have been banned!!! Of the forum's 456,000 members, the 10 people with, "I posted 500 times in the last 30 minutes, but each post had at least 6 letters in it, why did I get banned?" threads are just the tip of the iceburg. Hundreds more are banned daily. We need to right this wrong! Bans for those that don't spam, spambots are the new admins, and your account is deleted if you don't scam and post at least 50 posts per hour with under 6 letters per post!

("I'm joking" disclosure: I'm sure if I dont mention my post is a joke, someone will complain about being banned after following my advice above)

I'm seriously waiting for someone to make a new less strict Bitcoin forum, I honestly want to see what would happen.
Hahaha .Why 4 President!
Btw, was the part of hundreds being banned daily serious?

I don't even think these forums are that strict. I know more serious ones and everyone who doesn't act like the book gets instantly flamed at by the rest of the community, no thanks, this forum is better!
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1188

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:21:08 PM

I agree! What a jerk! I'll let you in on a dirty secret that needs to be exposed! More people than just the people posting in meta have been banned!!! Of the forum's 456,000 members, the 10 people with, "I posted 500 times in the last 30 minutes, but each post had at least 6 letters in it, why did I get banned?" threads are just the tip of the iceburg. Hundreds more are banned daily. We need to right this wrong! Bans for those that don't spam, spambots are the new admins, and your account is deleted if you don't scam and post at least 50 posts per hour with under 6 letters per post!

("I'm joking" disclosure: I'm sure if I dont mention my post is a joke, someone will complain about being banned after following my advice above)

I'm seriously waiting for someone to make a new less strict Bitcoin forum, I honestly want to see what would happen.
Hahaha EvilPanda 4 President!
Btw, was the part of hundreds being banned daily serious?

I don't even think these forums are that strict. I know more serious ones and everyone who doesn't act like the book gets instantly flamed at by the rest of the community, no thanks, this forum is better!

yes, but that was just a rough guess, also taking into account spam bots and such, that often get banned 30+ accounts at a time. Badbear gave a statistic in one of the recent threads, stating that 97% of accounts had never recieved any type of ban. I'm not sure if he was just making an informed guess, or if he actually has the statistics, but you are correct. Bitcointalk really isn't that strict. If you just come here to learn/chat/discuss with others you have to try very very hard to get banned. There are a lot of heated discussions here that would get you banned at a lot of forums, but thats really not what we are about. Feel free to piss people off with your opinions, as long as you are backing them up. If you are here to spam, due to financial reasons or any other, your chances of getting banned increase dramatically. My point being, if you are a regular member here, you aren't likely to ever be banned.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 11:16:02 PM

Why is this piece of shit still an admin? Free speech my ass, just look at all the bannings, not even counting the ones that don't post!

FREE THE FORUM!
If BadBear is responsible for banning accounts controlled who produce postings of this quality, then it looks to me like he is due for a raise.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:34:35 AM

Badbear gave a statistic in one of the recent threads, stating that 97% of accounts had never recieved any type of ban. I'm not sure if he was just making an informed guess, or if he actually has the statistics, but you are correct.

Statistics.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1018

Offering secure escrow services since 2014

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:35:52 AM

heh, fascist pig... never heard that one before; it's creative, I'll give you that.
What I'm wondering right now is how come the moderators/admins don't just IP ban these people, temporarily or permanently?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1278

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:25:49 AM

-snip-
What I'm wondering right now is how come the moderators/admins don't just IP ban these people, temporarily or permanently?

IP bans are not as effective as one might think. If someone gets banned their IP and their network gets some evil points. This allready is a problem for those trying to create an account via Tor from to time as most exit nodes have accumulated a high amount of said evil points.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1094

Somewhat inactive.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:22:16 AM

-snip-

IP bans are not as effective as one might think. If someone gets banned their IP and their network gets some evil points. This allready is a problem for those trying to create an account via Tor from to time as most exit nodes have accumulated a high amount of said evil points.
Also, IP ban can be easily bypassed by either resetting the router or just use a VPN.

wealthy$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

I want my accounts back I won't be using them for spam , I don't know why I can't get them unban or some knownledge of when they'r gonna be unban or if it is a perma ban ?

Gleb Gamow
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1118

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:22:08 PM

Why is this piece of shit still an admin? Free speech my ass, just look at all the bannings, not even counting the ones that don't post!

FREE THE FORUM!

Show me an image of a fascist pig in the OP, then I'll read Post #2 and subsequent posts. If BadBear was acting badly, I would be screamin' my head off. The mod [formally known as] psy on the other hand...  Wink Wink
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1068

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:33:02 PM

Thank you fascist pig. Your hard work is often unappreciated. Maybe I'm going full Hitler here, but I support even more strict rules; like nubie jail. It's pointless to allow new accounts to show up and post "Moon!!!!" or start a thread like "China Officially Bans bitcoin!!!!" with the post content being something like "Could it happen?"

Don't want to get banned? Don't be so stupid. Do something productive.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin in AFRICA - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710325.msg27720734
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:34:22 PM

badbear
"badbear is a fascist pig"
A man behind the account.

That means.

Man Bear Pig!

he is real!

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1118

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:49:50 PM

badbear
"badbear is a fascist pig"
A man behind the account.

That means.

Man Bear Pig!

he is real!

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:58:44 PM

Forum moderators are a lot more lenient here than most other forums on the Internet and they do not get power hungry or a big head which I can't say for the other forums I've had the opportunity of being on. One can conclude that threads like these are made out of anger or ignorance unless one is able to provide evidence and a case that is arguable instead of just name calling and throwing insults around. Out of all threads of this type I have yet to see any case be presented with evidence of wrongdoing.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1188

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:01:59 PM

Thank you fascist pig. Your hard work is often unappreciated. Maybe I'm going full Hitler here, but I support even more strict rules; like nubie jail. It's pointless to allow new accounts to show up and post "Moon!!!!" or start a thread like "China Officially Bans bitcoin!!!!" with the post content being something like "Could it happen?"

Don't want to get banned? Don't be so stupid. Do something productive.

You are right, if you see that, please report it. Keeping in mind, one report can be very valuable against spammers. Often times when one person is banned for spamming, 10 of their alts get hit at the same time. The fascist pigs will take care of it from there.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
Equinoxx

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:07:10 PM

This is an account with one post. Obviously he got banned and thinks it's the forums fault. If you read the stickies in the sections you will be fine and it's worked out for me.

-.sgmf
peligro

Activity: 595

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:02:31 PM

The fascist pig is driving people to desperation Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985210.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: