Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:25:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An dizzying use of bitcoin...  (Read 1243 times)
camereye (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:50:14 PM

Bitcoin could offer an interesting and maybe scary possibility in the future: micro-payments from machine to machine with no human interactions.

A powerful IA could interact with other machines and pay directly other machines for services like computing power, repair assistance, energy furniture, big data access and so on....
This IA could also hire real humans to do theses tasks. It would be the first interaction of an autonomous computer with the real world.

When I was a teen, it was science fiction
10 years ago, I thought that I will have maybe a chance to see it at the end of my life (I am 39)
Now, I am quite sure that it will happen in the 15 years.
...  Roll Eyes
Nautica

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:51:57 PM

Absolutely. Software-to-software payments will be a huge part of crypto. I suspect they will in fact overtake human payments in terms of frequency.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:54:06 PM

I actually like this idea. I look forward to the day when a box of detergent shows up at our door without our prior involvement, because the dishwasher was running low and it went out and used a pricing service to find the cheapest vendor and ordered more (using our pre-set account) to replenish itself. If the inevitable glitches are manageable, this sort of thing could free us from a lot of day-to-day drudgery.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:02:53 PM

Wow, you just described the funding for machine to machine interaction. You just defined the funding for the Internet of Things. Wow, things are about to get really entertaining in the technology and business world...can't wait.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:33:19 PM

I actually like this idea. I look forward to the day when a box of detergent shows up at our door without our prior involvement, because the dishwasher was running low and it went out and used a pricing service to find the cheapest vendor and ordered more (using our pre-set account) to replenish itself. If the inevitable glitches are manageable, this sort of thing could free us from a lot of day-to-day drudgery.
That would be awesome.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:51:00 PM

That would be awesome.

Especially when the robo-butler takes the package and loads it into the dishwasher without bothering us about it.  Wink

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:12:11 PM

There will be probably a very agressive liberalism competition between these machines. My fridge will probably have to negociate between different providers for the delivery of my french cheese.

If my fridge appreciate the service, he could eventually pay a tip to the drone for the fast delivery. This drone will use all the tips to customise himself to be faster, or buy a new radar system...
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:18:46 PM

All these machines will obey to one simple rule : make money.

To achieve this goal, machine will use an AI to adapt and find new stragedies to be competitive.

Quickly, these machines will have to modify themself and use a percentage of their bitcoin wallet to buy more AI, new features and so on...

(Sorry for my english, I need to buy an Babel-fish implant)
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:24:46 PM

Like in real world, some machine will have to go into debt and will deal with a bank computer that offer some bitcoins with a percentage per year.

But what if, my fridge makes a bad choice and can t repaiy the bitcoin-bank server ?
This computer will need a computer justice with computer bailiffs, botcops, computers lawyers....
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:27:12 PM

You could imagine bitcoin factory that would use mined bitcoins to pay electricity /rent fees and order new miners to mine more coins etc.
But you don't really need bitcoins for that, I read about self-replicating machines and automatic factories long before Bitcoin, modern banking system with international money transfers is enough for that.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:28:37 PM

If my fridge appreciate the service, he could eventually pay a tip to the drone for the fast delivery.

That would require consciousness, and I doubt a conscious fridge would enjoy just sitting there freezing things.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:05:02 PM

If my fridge appreciate the service, he could eventually pay a tip to the drone for the fast delivery.

That would require consciousness, and I doubt a conscious fridge would enjoy just sitting there freezing things.

Right. This fridge will try to expand, and pay other fridges to do the job for him
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:07:26 PM

Right. This fridge will try to expand, and pay other fridges to do the job for him

And it must be very frustrating for this fridge to be perpetually empty by humans...this could create resentment
camereye (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:12:21 PM

You could imagine bitcoin factory that would use mined bitcoins to pay electricity /rent fees and order new miners to mine more coins etc.
Full autonomous ecosystem. No need for humans anymore...
Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 11:18:22 PM

When our robot overlords take over it will not be a war like in Terminator, it will be an economic war, they will control all the money and all industries. Smiley

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Look up Distributed Autonomous Organization

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:56:46 PM

Privacy is a huge issue with "smart appliances", but otherwise that type of thing is truly exciting.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:12:05 AM

The idea of AI interaction become real with that simple AI project igod, and its still alive if u want to check it.
Machine to machine comunication already exists, but not at a conscious level ofc, but with time it may develop to something that will imitate it wee enough.
I for one think its nothing to be afraid of, maybe it could actually help us fix the mess we have created, and transactions between computers, well why not ?
Saving us the time doing things that we would do anyway,much like bots curently, i dont see the problem there, because there will always be limits to what they are allowed to do.

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: