Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of trading negative trusted accounts  (Read 2104 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:40:23 AM

I agree, but this is a certainly debatable topic.

Wait, were you bitcoininformation or just has the same avatar?
It's debatable for some, but it isn't for me. And yes, I was bitcoininformation. I changed my display name a while back. Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:41:09 AM

Trust is all subjective anyway so it doesn't matter. There is a basic divide in this discussion, those that believe an account sold gets a fresh slate, and those that don't. If all of the people who don't believe they get a fresh slate leave negative feedback, only those that believe that will care about their feedback.

I will not remove the negative trust, the new owner knew what he bought. As a lot of you said : it can be impossible to determine if the new owner is not associated with the old, in this case we cannot remove the negative trusts.

redsn0w, if I may use your comment to elaborate. Lets say that redsn0w believes what they do, they bought what they bought, no clean slate for them. I on the other hand, believe that after the account was sold, the new owner no longer deserves the negative feedback. If I was to buy a pizza from nyktalgia, I'd look at their feedback to determine the best course of action. I see redsn0w's feedback, but I disagree. We don't need to hold a petition to set trust rules or get redsn0w to change their feedback, I will just personally ignore redsn0w's note, because I don't agree with them on the matter. And we proceed with the deal.

We change the senario, and I'm hilariousandco (no I'm not really, because someone will misquote this if I dont mention that we are not the same person (or are we?)) I agree with redsn0w that the negative trust is deserved. I value their opinion, and before I buy that pizza from them, I take what I consider appropriate measures. My point being, feedback is relative, as long as people explain why they are leaving the feedback they are, others can judge it's validity based on their own concerns. Thats the reason the feedback system doesn't need rules, because each person will use it differently based on the situation and what they personally believe. Numbers and red letters don't mean anything, what matters is the content of the feedback itself. The source it comes from, the reason, and the backing.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:45:21 AM

Trust is all subjective anyway so it doesn't matter. There is a basic divide in this discussion, those that believe an account sold gets a fresh slate, and those that don't. If all of the people who don't believe they get a fresh slate leave negative feedback, only those that believe that will care about their feedback.

I will not remove the negative trust, the new owner knew what he bought. As a lot of you said : it can be impossible to determine if the new owner is not associated with the old, in this case we cannot remove the negative trusts.

redsn0w, if I may use your comment to elaborate. Lets say that redsn0w believes what they do, they bought what they bought, no clean slate for them. I on the other hand, believe that after the account was sold, the new owner no longer deserves the negative feedback. If I was to buy a pizza from nyktalgia, I'd look at their feedback to determine the best course of action. I see redsn0w's feedback, but I disagree. We don't need to hold a petition to set trust rules or get redsn0w to change their feedback, I will just personally ignore redsn0w's note, because I don't agree with them on the matter. And we proceed with the deal.

We change the senario, and I'm hilariousandco (no I'm not really, because someone will misquote this if I dont mention that we are not the same person (or are we?)) I agree with redsn0w that the negative trust is deserved. I value their opinion, and before I buy that pizza from them, I take what I consider appropriate measures. My point being, feedback is relative, as long as people explain why they are leaving the feedback they are, others can judge it's validity based on their own concerns. Thats the reason the feedback system doesn't need rules, because each person will use it differently based on the situation and what they personally believe. Numbers and red letters don't mean anything, what matters is the content of the feedback itself. The source it comes from, the reason, and the backing.

Yes, no problem.

Both your cases are correct, a negative trust should not stop someone to buy/sell here in the forum. Everyone should trade with his own diligence and the use/not-use of escrow.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:52:01 AM

-snip-
Yeah, well IMO it's pretty simple.

If a guy can just post a post or two to show someone that he's still online and active etc., then it would be very profitable when they can buy accounts in bulk and when the negative trusts are gone, resale it for a much higher price, thus reaping a large profit.

I wouldnt call that contributing. A few bullshit posts aint gonna cut it. I cant tell you what will, but I guess we will see in the future

If the account is a hero or legendary(I doubt though), then the owner probably want his personal account back, and probably would consider this method of removing his negative trust. But I think if we still can leave a record that the account has previously received a negative feedback by giving a neutral feedback, that would be better. Although that some people don't really check the feedbacks but only the trust score, if doing a large deal I'm sure that the dealer will be careful enough to check it.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion though, and in this case I respect Quickseller's personal opinion.

Anyone that just goes by the red/green number is a fool. Even the feedback without a proper ref link is next to worthless unless its by someone I deem trustworthy and understand how they leave feedback.

-snip-
Numbers and red letters don't mean anything, what matters is the content of the feedback itself. The source it comes from, the reason, and the backing.

/signed

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:54:08 AM

Yes, no problem.

Both your cases are correct, a negative trust should not stop someone to buy/sell here in the forum. Everyone should trade with his own diligence and the use/not-use of escrow.

The sooner people realize that, the sooner 90% of the issues with the trust system are immediately fixed. My favorite person to trade with was Dank, because the goofy bastard always included some sort of interesting surprise that left me on the ground clutching my sides in an attept to cling to any air that my laughing gasps would allow into my lungs. He was a confirmed scammer, so I just made sure I took appropriate measures in trading with him, ie the use of escrow when necessary, etc. But the feedback left against him allowed me to judge potential threats. Someone who bought an account from someone exhibiting scammy behavior in my opinion would not warrant the same level of paranoia as trading with someone who ran off with 1,000 Bitcoins from an exchange or something like that. But, If I was trading with nyktalgia, the fact that they bought the account from someone who was a potential scammer is definitely information that I'd like to know. People leaving negative feedback, keep up the good work. People who disagree with the negative feedback, I agree with you.  Tongue
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:57:42 AM

Yes, no problem.

The sooner people realize that, the sooner 90% of the issues with the trust system are immediately fixed. My favorite person to trade with was Dank, because the goofy bastard always included some sort of interesting surprise that left me on the ground clutching my sides in an attept to cling to any air that my laughing gasps would allow into my lungs. He was a confirmed scammer, so I just made sure I took appropriate measures in trading with him, ie the use of escrow when necessary, etc. But the feedback left against him allowed me to judge potential threats. Someone who bought an account from someone exhibiting scammy behavior in my opinion would not warrant the same level of paranoia as trading with someone who ran off with 1,000 Bitcoins from an exchange or something like that. But, If I was trading with nyktalgia, the fact that they bought the account from someone who was a potential scammer is definitely information that I'd like to know. People leaving negative feedback, keep up the good work. People who disagree with the negative feedback, I agree with you.  Tongue

I agree with you, indeed I have also left him a neutral feedback "The account was bought from najzenmajsen." with the reference and I think this is necessary for the other users (if they trade with him).
Berau (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:08:22 AM

-snip-
Yeah, well IMO it's pretty simple.

If a guy can just post a post or two to show someone that he's still online and active etc., then it would be very profitable when they can buy accounts in bulk and when the negative trusts are gone, resale it for a much higher price, thus reaping a large profit.

I wouldnt call that contributing. A few bullshit posts aint gonna cut it. I cant tell you what will, but I guess we will see in the future

If the account is a hero or legendary(I doubt though), then the owner probably want his personal account back, and probably would consider this method of removing his negative trust. But I think if we still can leave a record that the account has previously received a negative feedback by giving a neutral feedback, that would be better. Although that some people don't really check the feedbacks but only the trust score, if doing a large deal I'm sure that the dealer will be careful enough to check it.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion though, and in this case I respect Quickseller's personal opinion.

Anyone that just goes by the red/green number is a fool. Even the feedback without a proper ref link is next to worthless unless its by someone I deem trustworthy and understand how they leave feedback.

-snip-
Numbers and red letters don't mean anything, what matters is the content of the feedback itself. The source it comes from, the reason, and the backing.

/signed

Fair enough, like you said we'll see in the future.

Changed the title to "Discussion of trading negative trusted accounts"
nyktalgia1

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:04:03 AM

I am the original owner I got hacked or some shit I can't access my account anymore.  I don't even trade or care but I am being trolled for calling out 999dice as a scam.  This is how scummy they are....

My account was never bought or sold whoever is making up these lies and fake feedback reviews is responsible.

I wouldn't recommend PRC or SAFEDICE. PRimedice hasnt fucked me yet but we'll see...
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:12:54 AM

I am the original owner I got hacked or some shit I can't access my account anymore.  I don't even trade or care but I am being trolled for calling out 999dice as a scam.  This is how scummy they are....

My account was never bought or sold whoever is making up these lies and fake feedback reviews is responsible.

That's interesting. Did you try contacting theymos? Also are you able to sign a message with a previously used address?

And when was it hacked? Was the negative trusts left after your account was hacked?
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:15:42 AM

I am the original owner I got hacked or some shit I can't access my account anymore.  I don't even trade or care but I am being trolled for calling out 999dice as a scam.  This is how scummy they are....

"Negative trusts" aren't responsible (the contrary). Now you should give a full and real explanation to theymos (through PM) and why not also to open a thread here in the meta (with all the information). You should build your "security" it is easy to say " Damn, my forum account was hacked".
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:21:08 AM

"Negative trusts" aren't responsible (the contrary). Now you should give a full and real explanation to theymos (through PM) and why not also to open a thread here in the meta (with all the information).

He might just as well doing this because he wants his account back, after the buyer has paid. It's also dodgy that he's posting on 999dice threads all the time, as opposed to trying to prove he's the legitimate user(Which is hard now because someone already has bought the accounts from him).
nyktalgia1

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:38:38 AM

The only proof I have is a few messages from my e-mail that were sent on that account.  I know it had something to do with 999dice.  I think it's odd they changed my signature to primedice.  I'm not sure what happened, but I know it was somebody from 999dice, most likely Justin.  Who is just another alias for Jake, who is a known scammer and owner of 999dice.

I don't really care it's just a forum account, I don't ever expect to get it back.  This honestly just came to my attention I don't use it so much.  I'm more pissed at the fact that they would go thru such extensive measures to ruin my account/name.  I must have pissed somebody off hahaha.....

I wouldn't recommend PRC or SAFEDICE. PRimedice hasnt fucked me yet but we'll see...
nyktalgia1

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:41:07 AM

My e-mail is no longer linked to that account cuz it was hacked so I can't even recover my password lol...... wtf

http://prntscr.com/6g5n7h

That is all the proof I hvae the link is directed to my account.

I never sold any accounts so not sure what you are trying to say.  I don't even trade on bitcointalk ever......   I'm not even sure when it was hacked but it was sometime between when i called 999dice a scam and now, which is the span of 2 weeks at the most maybe....     I just became aware my account was hacked after I couldn't log in...  I believe the negative feedback came afterwards, I knew they tried to downvote me for no reason by a known hacker, so I'm sure it was the same guy he goes by Justin on 999dice, pretty sure he is also the owner of 999dice but won't admit to that.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:44:38 AM

My e-mail is no longer linked to that account cuz it was hacked so I can't even recover my password lol...... wtf

najzenmajsen (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=316167) has bought the account, maybe you can try to contact him for more information (like the address of the "seller").
nyktalgia1

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:45:42 AM

najzenmajsen (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=316167) has bought the account, maybe you can try to contact him for more information (like the address of the "seller").

So you are saying I could have sold my account? HHAA how much did he pay for it?

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:47:17 AM

So you are saying I could have sold my account? HHAA how much did he pay for it?

I am not "saying" anything, this is the thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973915.0  everyone should judge with own mind. It seems he paid 0.05 bitcoin.
nyktalgia1

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:52:04 AM

haha that is fucked up scumbags will do anything for money i guess.......  just leave the negative feedback its not even the rightful account owner who bought/sold it w/e.....  I hope whoever is responsible reads this someday while they are burning in hell.

You can see on that post I had my soundcloud.com/dismal-realm that is proof it was me, but they changed that shit after they hacked me.....

nyktalgia1

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:56:35 AM

This is the last forum post I had before my account was hacked... somebody on 999dice is def responsible.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959893.140

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:58:01 AM

haha that is fucked up scumbags will do anything for money i guess.......  just leave the negative feedback its not even the rightful account owner who bought/sold it w/e.....  I hope whoever is responsible reads this someday while they are burning in hell.

You can see on that post I had my soundcloud.com/dismal-realm that is proof it was me, but they changed that shit after they hacked me.....

Now the unique possibility is :

Open a thread here in the meta, follow this instrunction for "try" to recover the account (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0) and explain all the situation (if you want).

Good luck.
Berau (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:58:38 AM

Probably BTC0.05, could be less. "You" were asking for BTC0.5, then lowered to BTC0.4, BTC0.3 etc. etc.

It's sold over PM so no one really knows the exact price.

EDIT: I looked at your post history and this seems like the last post you were talking about: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959893.msg10504537#msg10504537

And after that the claimed "hacker" was mainly posting on btc-flow, and asking for a 1 BTC loan. Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: