Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares coinmarketcap volume is artificial  (Read 2058 times)
Newmine (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:39:34 AM

BitShares volume is being calculated by adding all the Bitshares assets trading volume, like bitUSD, bitGold, bit silver, bitBTC and bitCNY. Just an observation. So today the BTC and fiat volume was $40K less than what coinmarketcap is broadcasting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:51:05 AM

BitShares volume is being calculated by adding all the Bitshares assets trading volume, like bitUSD, bitGold, bit silver, bitBTC and bitCNY. Just an observation. So today the BTC and fiat volume was $40K less than what coinmarketcap is broadcasting.

Just a link: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/?markets=all#markets

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
fundomatic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:13:18 AM

I'm not sure if that is the case, but:

If each market pegged BitAsset (BitUSD, BitCNY, BitEUR, BitGOLD, BitSILVER, BitBTC)
locks 300% of bitshares value as collateral (at the moment of creation),

isn't if fair to consider locked bitshares when talking about BitAssets?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:31:28 PM

Why spread lies about coins? Do you actually think it increases value in the coin you hold?

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:54:17 PM

Seriously, what the hell newmine? You can clearly see the largest volumes coming from BTC38 and Yunbi (read: external exchanges) at coinmarketcap.com.

Why do you spend so much time at the BTS forums if you clearly hate the project and actively look for ways to spread lies/misinformation/stupidity?

Some of your criticism has merit, but this is blatant bullshit.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:54:56 PM

Why spread lies about coins? Do you actually think it increases value in the coin you hold?

It's sad this section of the forum has gone from grass fed community movements in the right direction to trolls who spread fud.

Newmine:  Have you even downloaded and used the BitShares wallet?  I'm curious to know what you think of not only the software but the general ideology of BitShares.  Let's have a constructive conversation on what you like, don't like, and why you think it's unfair to include BitAssets in volume numbers?

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:07:06 PM

Seriously, what the hell newmine? You can clearly see the largest volumes coming from BTC38 and Yunbi (read: external exchanges) at coinmarketcap.com.

Why do you spend so much time at the BTS forums if you clearly hate the project and actively look for ways to spread lies/misinformation/stupidity?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/?markets=all#markets

Do the math mother fucker. Add it up and tell me how I am lying. You guys are such idiots. "Blatant bullshit", "lies about coins", "not sure it's the case", god, you guys are some of the dumbest people on here. Even TestZ provided the link. You couldn't even click it and see because your heads are so far up your ass.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

um, this just in, MOST coins marketshare is bullshit lol

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
nomoreheroes7

King of all the land

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:38:20 PM

Do the math mother fucker. Add it up and tell me how I am lying. You guys are such idiots. "Blatant bullshit", "lies about coins", "not sure it's the case", god, you guys are some of the dumbest people on here. Even TestZ provided the link. You couldn't even click it and see because your heads are so far up your ass.

Math time mother fucker:

1 BTC38 BTS/CNY $ 48,692 $ 0.009612 46.19 % Recently
2 Yunbi BTS/CNY $ 15,711 $ 0.009628 14.90 % Recently
3 BitShares Asset Exchange BITUSD/BTS $ 15,195 $ 0.009574 14.41 % Recently
4 BitShares Asset Exchange BITCNY/BTS $ 12,157 $ 0.009574 11.53 % Recently
5 BTC38 BTS/BTC $ 4,643 $ 0.009655 4.40 % Recently
6 Poloniex BTS/BTC $ 3,741 $ 0.009467 3.55 % Recently
7 Metaexchange BTS/BTC $ 2,414 $ 0.009228 2.29 % Recently
8 BitShares Asset Exchange BITBTC/BTS $ 1,841 $ 0.009574 1.75 % Recently
9 Bittrex BTS/BTC $ 825 $ 0.009532 0.78 % Recently
10 BitShares Asset Exchange BITGOLD/BTS $ 300 $ 0.009574 0.28 % Recently
11 BitShares Asset Exchange BITSILVER/BTS $ 94 $ 0.009574 0.09 % Recently
12 CCEDK BTS/BTC $ 0 $ 0 0.00 % Recently

BitShares Asset Exchange total volume: $29,587.
External exchange total volume: $76,026.
Percent of total volume generated by BTS asset exchange = 28.0%.
Percent of total volume generated externally (read: not artificial) = 72.0%.

I fail to see how BTS Asset Exchange volume is "artificial" to begin with, but even with your dumb-as-fuck logic the BTS exchange volume only accounts for 28% of the total.

So yes, you are spreading lies/misinformation/stupidity. And yes, you are a dumb ass.

Just an observation.
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

many mothers have been fucked in this thread.

cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:58:21 PM

um, this just in, MOST coins marketshare is bullshit lol

thanks for the update....i think some people must of had no clue  Grin

i was looking at one the other day that had a 700K plus market cap and 80 bucks of trading volume. good luck liquidating that baby

Newmine (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:56:54 PM

Math time mother fucker:

1 BTC38 BTS/CNY $ 48,692 $ 0.009612 46.19 % Recently
2 Yunbi BTS/CNY $ 15,711 $ 0.009628 14.90 % Recently
3 BitShares Asset Exchange BITUSD/BTS $ 15,195 $ 0.009574 14.41 % Recently
4 BitShares Asset Exchange BITCNY/BTS $ 12,157 $ 0.009574 11.53 % Recently
5 BTC38 BTS/BTC $ 4,643 $ 0.009655 4.40 % Recently
6 Poloniex BTS/BTC $ 3,741 $ 0.009467 3.55 % Recently
7 Metaexchange BTS/BTC $ 2,414 $ 0.009228 2.29 % Recently
8 BitShares Asset Exchange BITBTC/BTS $ 1,841 $ 0.009574 1.75 % Recently
9 Bittrex BTS/BTC $ 825 $ 0.009532 0.78 % Recently
10 BitShares Asset Exchange BITGOLD/BTS $ 300 $ 0.009574 0.28 % Recently
11 BitShares Asset Exchange BITSILVER/BTS $ 94 $ 0.009574 0.09 % Recently
12 CCEDK BTS/BTC $ 0 $ 0 0.00 % Recently

BitShares Asset Exchange total volume: $29,587.
External exchange total volume: $76,026.
Percent of total volume generated by BTS asset exchange = 28.0%.
Percent of total volume generated externally (read: not artificial) = 72.0%.

I fail to see how BTS Asset Exchange volume is "artificial" to begin with, but even with your dumb-as-fuck logic the BTS exchange volume only accounts for 28% of the total.

So yes, you are spreading lies/misinformation/stupidity. And yes, you are a dumb ass.

Just an observation.

Good job.

Now take the bitAssets dollar value, ~$29K and delete that. It would be like options/derivatives volumes being added to the underlying stock volume itself. You can keep track if them individually, but adding them all together is nonsense. Trading BTS for BTS is not an exchange for anything. BitUSD is just another form/derivative of BTS.
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:02:51 PM

I'm not sure if that is the case, but:

If each market pegged BitAsset (BitUSD, BitCNY, BitEUR, BitGOLD, BitSILVER, BitBTC)
locks 300% of bitshares value as collateral (at the moment of creation),

isn't if fair to consider locked bitshares when talking about BitAssets?

If the shares are locked in collateral then maybe they should be exclude from the market cap itself, but the assets they are used to create should have nothing to do with BTS volume calculations.
nomoreheroes7

King of all the land

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:15:11 PM

Good job.

Now take the bitAssets dollar value, ~$29K and delete that. It would be like options/derivatives volumes being added to the underlying stock volume itself. You can keep track if them individually, but adding them all together is nonsense. Trading BTS for BTS is not an exchange for anything. BitUSD is just another form/derivative of BTS.

Regardless, it's not like anyone involved in BTS has any say over how CMC reports volume. And you can't act like $76,026 of actual, no-nonsense, 100% non-artificial external exchange volume is anything to sneeze at. (For that matter, volume is a fairly poor indicator of a coin's growth/popularity anyway. Pumps can happen at anytime, or people can simply be happy at the current price and not sell for a given amount of time, etc. Doesn't really matter in the long run.)

Therefore, this thread is misleading and is nothing more than a lame attempt to misguide/misinform/FUD BitShares.

Like I said, I generally tend to agree with a lot of your criticisms over the BTS project, and I feel these criticisms need to be expressed by someone so that the community can take a step back and realize "wow, some shit seriously needs to change". But I don't agree with your misleading presentation of said criticisms.

A valid criticism, this is not.
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:05:02 PM

The Bitshares community doesn't control what coinmarketcap does or how it displays things.  I remember seeing a couple posts a while back where the Bitshares folks were trying to promote bitAssets, and they were trying to get the volume of trade in the bitAssets correctly reported under them.  So basically, they were trying to get this corrected on CMC to show the correct volume in the correct coins.

Your attacks on Bitshares are just getting increasingly absurd.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:42:42 AM

You can get these errors corrected and displayed properly by posting a message to Gliss here int he CMC thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.3940

I know you wouldn't want to mislead people..  Cheesy
microbial

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:41:36 AM

i guess i am shocked trusted site would be wrong

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:19:11 PM

It's nice to know that the Bitshares assets have almost double the trading volume of Nxt and many times that of  Counterparty and Maidsafe and many more alts. There was days that bitUSD alone had more than 700K trading volume but that was on days that we had great bitcoin volatility.

I can't understand why some people think that bitasset trading volume should not be included in the total, when I trade BTS for bitUSD its like trading BTS to USD it's only better, I have total control of my bitUSD and I don't rely on a centralized exchange to steal my money intentionally or unintentionally.

btw people that trade BTS<==>bitUSD would be forced to trade BTS<==>mtgoxUSD and bterUSD if they had not the bitUSD option.

I thought the point was to move away from centralized exchanges...
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:41:37 PM

It's nice to know that the Bitshares assets have almost double the trading volume of Nxt and many times that of  Counterparty and Maidsafe and many more alts. There was days that bitUSD alone had more than 700K trading volume but that was on days that we had great bitcoin volatility.

I can't understand why some people think that bitasset trading volume should not be included in the total, when I trade BTS for bitUSD its like trading BTS to USD it's only better, I have total control of my bitUSD and I don't rely on a centralized exchange to steal my money intentionally or unintentionally.

btw people that trade BTS<==>bitUSD would be forced to trade BTS<==>mtgoxUSD and bterUSD if they had not the bitUSD option.

Dude, if I spend $250 for a MSFT delta .50 ATM call option contract, that $250 nor does the 100 shares involved in the contract are reflected in the underlying Volume. It is counted as a separate volume. bitUSD is a derivative of BTS, you need BTS to create it and then to buy it. It doesn't represent a flow of money in or out of the BTS system.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:19:49 AM

Dude, if I spend $250 for a MSFT delta .50 ATM call option contract, that $250 nor does the 100 shares involved in the contract are reflected in the underlying Volume. It is counted as a separate volume. bitUSD is a derivative of BTS, you need BTS to create it and then to buy it. It doesn't represent a flow of money in or out of the BTS system.

The reason he thinks the way he does is because he fundamentally doesn't understand the difference between a "derivative" and an "asset".  This proves that the majority of people who use Bitshares don't really understand the underlying system.  There are NO ASSETS in Bitshares.  You are buying derivatives contracts that can only be settled in Bitshares and have absolutely no connection to the real assets they are supposed to represent.  Why don't I just start writing "One Million Dollars of Pure Gold" on pieces of paper and start selling them for one million dollars without any type of backing, gold reserves or means of physical settlement?  This is one of the most ridiculous wealth creation schemes I have ever seen.

Imo, those who are behind Bitshares and do understand their system intentionally mislead those less knowledgeable by advertising that you can trade USD, EUR, Gold, Silver, Oil, etc.  Uninformed people think they are actually buying the asset and that it is "Safer than a Swiss Bank account".  Imo, this is highly unethical.

You do realize what you are exchanging is worthless right?  When people catch on that "bitUSD" has absolutely no backing and stop submitting buy orders what do you think is going to happen?  The peg will fail and the market will collapse.  All these "bitAssets" will only hold their peg as long as investors submit to the "greater fool theory" that buying a "bitAsset" @ less than the market price for the real asset is a good investment even though they are intrinsically worthless because they have none of the attributes of the actual asset and all of the assets in the system ARE NOT REDEEMABLE!  Bitshares is basically a giant suckers game which will end in tears for those who can least afford to be fooled.  Bitshares hasn't created a "decentralized exchange" as they love to claim because they aren't really trading the actual asset.

The point of crypto is to create a decentralized system which liberates the common man from the corporatized economic system which enslaves him.  Bitshares has just created a system which is a replica of the current system on the blockchain.  The common man still doesn't have any real wealth just faux "bitAssets".

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: