Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:18:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bitcoin bubble will be massive  (Read 15286 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:59:59 AM

she likes her paper dollars: http://youtu.be/cBJWLAKpfY4

reward for who can get me HQ original news footage (FOX)

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:44:24 AM

Devs will find a way. Focus will shift from the meteoric rise to BTC's application anyway at a certain moment. Remember, it is still beta.

I will start to spend BTC when the Chinese electronics sellers start to accept them.

tbh: 5 weeks ago I messaged one of these guys on ebay to negotiate a better price for 4 arduino nano clones by going around ebay (I know, against ebay policy). He made a good price and I paypaled the money. No product arrived and no communication. I must say I'm glad he didn't take bitcoins. Now I can do a chargeback on paypal (hopefully they wont notice I violated eBay policy)... not possible with BTC.

Those guys sending stuff from HK or wherever are great: competitive prices and often good products. However, I don't think I would send BTC to them unless I had previously made good business with one of them.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:12:57 AM

tbh: 5 weeks ago I messaged one of these guys on ebay to negotiate a better price for 4 arduino nano clones by going around ebay (I know, against ebay policy). He made a good price and I paypaled the money. No product arrived and no communication. I must say I'm glad he didn't take bitcoins. Now I can do a chargeback on paypal (hopefully they wont notice I violated eBay policy)... not possible with BTC.

Bitcoin technology contains more complex forms of transactions, for example, transactions with a third-party escrow function. We are currently not using bitcoin technology fully.
squidface

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:22:40 AM

Bitcoin technology contains more complex forms of transactions, for example, transactions with a third-party escrow function. We are currently not using bitcoin technology fully.

And even without that, you can have an escrow service like silkroad does. You pay SR, SR pays the seller when you say you've received your delivery. No reason why ebay couldn't include something like that down the track (apart from the fact that paypal probably would put pressure on them not to, of course).

There could even be room for someone to set up a pure 3rd party escrow service. They set up a transparent dispute resolution procedure, take a tiny bit off the top for themselves, and start working to building up a solid reputation. You buy things off ebay or whereever else, and use this well known third party to escrow the transaction. Could work.
Babylon

Activity: 938

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

Devs will find a way. Focus will shift from the meteoric rise to BTC's application anyway at a certain moment. Remember, it is still beta.

I will start to spend BTC when the Chinese electronics sellers start to accept them.

Those guys sending stuff from HK or wherever are great: competitive prices and often good products. However, I don't think I would send BTC to them unless I had previously made good business with one of them.

You just need an escrow service.  There used to be a few bitcoin escrows.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:52:03 PM

the last 3 posts said: use escrow.

I've been pondering making one for a long time.

Is there already one using 2 of 3 signature transactions to avoid escrow to be able to run with the money?

Should I go for it?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:00:37 PM

the last 3 posts said: use escrow.

I've been pondering making one for a long time.

Is there already one using 2 of 3 signature transactions to avoid escrow to be able to run with the money?

Should I go for it?

Yes, you should.  We won't be buying and selling a lot of big-ticket items (houses, islands, yachts, & etc. - even some cars) without a proper escrow service.

I use escrow for some of the higher-end books I sell ($1000 +) to unestablished customers on the internet, too.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: