Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:56:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129567 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:18:12 AM

The project failed.
Their chip yield is very terrible and nearly 0% yield if you SMT several these chips in a PCB.
In this situation, they could not mass production the miners and sell them to the market.
If they successfully manufactured thousands of dual miners, how come the LTC hashrate still no raise?

Yeah....conundrum...the only thing that 'could' happen would be they are selling the chips to 3rd parties and they are running them as full out BTC....
from what I understand doing both BTC and LTC at the same time is not very efficient ....either electricity or mining wise (somewhere on this thread
I think I read that)

So probably they are 'recouping' their development costs in house with data hall either btc or ltc miner wise...so maybe the shoe has yet to fall

I do know they probably have to 'do something' to get their (or try too) their development price back..data hall for exclusive use only would be 1 way
and then when they have got what they got out of that with whatever coin they are mining (btc or ltc) difficulty wise..then I would suspect it would
be the old 'bulk chip sales to china' route ..as we have seen in the past

but they really are not 'tooting their own horn' like it is any kinda success thats for sure! Smiley

By the By the last time the SFARDS OP on this thread was active and posted anything was Sept 1st 2015....so yeah....its not looking like a barn buster!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:52:31 AM

The project failed.
Their chip yield is very terrible and nearly 0% yield if you SMT several these chips in a PCB.
In this situation, they could not mass production the miners and sell them to the market.
If they successfully manufactured thousands of dual miners, how come the LTC hashrate still no raise?

Yeah....conundrum...the only thing that 'could' happen would be they are selling the chips to 3rd parties and they are running them as full out BTC....
from what I understand doing both BTC and LTC at the same time is not very efficient ....either electricity or mining wise (somewhere on this thread
I think I read that)

So probably they are 'recouping' their development costs in house with data hall either btc or ltc miner wise...so maybe the shoe has yet to fall

I do know they probably have to 'do something' to get their (or try too) their development price back..data hall for exclusive use only would be 1 way
and then when they have got what they got out of that with whatever coin they are mining (btc or ltc) difficulty wise..then I would suspect it would

but they really are not 'tooting their own horn' like it is any kinda success thats for sure! Smiley

By the By the last time the SFARDS OP on this thread was active and posted anything was Sept 1st 2015....so yeah....its not looking like a barn buster!

Hi, my SFARD unit is running in dual mode, it's draining 985w and does 1500gh/s btc and 51mh/s ltc, at same time. IT is running very fine on f2pool and does a regular 0,0124 btc/day and 0,5115 ltc/day at this difficult (60883825480 for btc and 49247 for ltc), so i only can say good things about it.

BTW i was seeking to buy some scrypt miners, but is a very hard task, because the halving (last two months, i think) and because there is a lot of stuff with no profit (unless you have a very cheap electricity, or free). I live in Spain, and i have a very cheap electricity to be in Spain (0,089€/Kw or 0,081$/Kw), and i cannot run a lot of scrypt miners (i need 13w/mhs to make some money, but i only have 0,8% of profit), so i only can buy A2 chips, SFARD, KNC Titan and Alcheminer. And KNC Titan are very easy to broken, so i think there is less KNC TItans hashing now. So someone is replacing the hashpower atm (i don't know how).

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:46:39 AM

The project failed.

I think I read that)

Hi, my SFARD unit is running in dual mode, it's draining 985w and does 1500gh/s btc and 51mh/s ltc, at same time. IT is running very fine on f2pool and does a regular 0,0124 btc/day and 0,5115 ltc/day at this difficult (60883825480 for btc and 49247 for ltc), so i only can say good things about it.

BTW i was seeking to buy some scrypt miners, but is a very hard task, because the halving (last two months, i think) and because there is a lot of stuff with no profit (unless you have a very cheap electricity, or free). I live in Spain, and i have a very cheap electricity to be in Spain (0,089€/Kw or 0,081$/Kw), and i cannot run a lot of scrypt miners (i need 13w/mhs to make some money, but i only have 0,8% of profit), so i only can buy A2 chips, SFARD, KNC Titan and Alcheminer. And KNC Titan are very easy to broken, so i think there is less KNC TItans hashing now. So someone is replacing the hashpower atm (i don't know how).

I don't think folk are shutting their machines off yet...mining at an 'elec loss' imho hoping btc will pop and/or take ltc with it...it may have flat-lined already...and the titan(s) will be the last to be shut off ..i have 2 of them (one orig one used have made roi) and am making 600 usd a month at 13c kwh elec at 645mh or about 200 ltc a month

anyway it has not shook out yet..if there is more of a spread between ltc to btc (below 0.0100 ltc to btc) and/or the $$ for btc goes up faster then that relationship you will see difficulty drop imho dramatically...from difficulty that last couple times (9 days) it MAY already be flat-lining difficulty wise again this is for LTC to BTC conversion (my use of this mining)

so anyway how it is working till my titan(s) too...eventually go to doorstops as well Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:53:32 AM

The project failed.

I think I read that)

I don't think folk are shutting their machines off yet...mining at an 'elec loss' imho hoping btc will pop and/or take ltc with it...it may have flat-lined already...and the titan(s) will be the last to be shut off ..i have 2 of them (one orig one used have made roi) and am making 600 usd a month at 13c kwh elec at 645mh or about 200 ltc a month

anyway it has not shook out yet..if there is more of a spread between ltc to btc (below 0.0100 ltc to btc) and/or the $$ for btc goes up faster then that relationship you will see difficulty drop imho dramatically...from difficulty that last couple times (9 days) it MAY already be flat-lining difficulty wise again this is for LTC to BTC conversion (my use of this mining)

so anyway how it is working till my titan(s) too...eventually go to doorstops as well Smiley

Just look at all the old gear that is being ran.  I can't figure it out but a LOT seem to still run old gear.  And there is a lot of it for scrypt.

I never could figure it out on why people did if they do not pay electricity, or believed it would go up in value.   Either way look at Zeus/Gaw/Hashra all pretty much the same and unless "free" power and people will lose money on most of them.

But posting in here trying to buy more SFards gear will do no good. They have not been answering questions for a LONG time.  And I don't expect that to change.
carlosmnk

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:13:00 AM

The project failed.

I think I read that)

Just look at all the old gear that is being ran.  I can't figure it out but a LOT seem to still run old gear.  And there is a lot of it for scrypt.

I never could figure it out on why people did if they do not pay electricity, or believed it would go up in value.   Either way look at Zeus/Gaw/Hashra all pretty much the same and unless "free" power and people will lose money on most of them.

But posting in here trying to buy more SFards gear will do no good. They have not been answering questions for a LONG time.  And I don't expect that to change.

I bought a used SFARD from ITOPSHOP, the price was good but very high to roi easilly, and i don't know where is another SFARD on sale...

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:23:11 AM

I bought a used SFARD from ITOPSHOP, the price was good but very high to roi easilly, and i don't know where is another SFARD on sale...

It was a release a very very small number of resellers that each got 5 units. I would say not a huge launch on it at all.

The price actually was pretty high on ITOP i think it was suppose to sell around 1.2k at release and ITOP was around 1.5k.  So they set on them for quiet a while.  Most sold long ago on what was available to public. ITOP sit on ones that didnt sell and mined them.  So you got lucky to even find one.  

Chances of finding another store just mining with these is rare, so  you chances are will have to get from 3rd party that also bought one if you want another one.  I might suggest doing some ROI math though before going in deeper with them.   There was a reason they sit there for so long at 1.5k
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:49:18 AM

It was a release a very very small number of resellers that each got 5 units. I would say not a huge launch on it at all.

The price actually was pretty high on ITOP i think it was suppose to sell around 1.2k at release and ITOP was around 1.5k.  So they set on them for quiet a while.  Most sold long ago on what was available to public. ITOP sit on ones that didnt sell and mined them.  So you got lucky to even find one.  

Chances of finding another store just mining with these is rare, so  you chances are will have to get from 3rd party that also bought one if you want another one.  I might suggest doing some ROI math though before going in deeper with them.   There was a reason they sit there for so long at 1.5k

Strange company to say the least.  Makes me sick what I paid for my first couple S1's.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:55:46 AM

Strange company to say the least.  Makes me sick what I paid for my first couple S1's.

It honestly is one of the strangest stories in mining companies.  They did not scam people, they made a product, made giveaways to get interest... the vanish.

They had good funding from companies at first so I don't see them folding.  I still think most likely is they decided to keep internal with no one having a chip close to theirs.   Build a batch host it somewhere cheap... and do nothing and profit.  Not to mention they could have done it a decent amount before LTC having.

I hope truth comes out one day with what happened.  But I don't expect it anytime soon.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:27:04 AM

It honestly is one of the strangest stories in mining companies.  They did not scam people, they made a product, made giveaways to get interest... the vanish.

They had good funding from companies at first so I don't see them folding.  I still think most likely is they decided to keep internal with no one having a chip close to theirs.   Build a batch host it somewhere cheap... and do nothing and profit.  Not to mention they could have done it a decent amount before LTC having.

I hope truth comes out one day with what happened.  But I don't expect it anytime soon.

Well LTC difficulty is going up it seems. So perhaps they went (as I suspect) to large bulk chip sales..pushing the LTC chip as the only one available (anyway use of that part of their dual chip anyway) but yeah ....befuddled  too Sad

Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:48:43 AM

Update 2/11/2015

SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now

Sfards, the only mining company has received venture capital investment, now announces that its Sha-256 and Script dual mining chip, using FD-SOI technology, is successfully taped-out and has been massively produced in the second quarter of 2015. It’s the only 28nm multi-algorithm chip, supports both Bitcoin and Litecoin (or other crypto currency using script).

Our SF100 miner (with 24 SF3301 chips) has already accomplished scale deployment and sales to big miners and investors. It achieves 1.7THS BTC hashing power (with 720w power consumption), 54MHS LTC (with 250w, power consumption), in total 960w power consumption at wall (based on test with 90% conversion rate power supply unit).

The Script hashing power of SF3301 is one-of-the-kind in global market. Its litecoin return is 3-5 times of its bitcoin return. Using SF100, Investors can have return on two coins at the same time, the feature is very beneficial, especially when litecoin hashing power increasing rate is very low and stable, and next halving is going to be 4 years later, which means by investing SF100, miners and have shorter ROI and longer shelf time.

Sfards has noticed that recent market of crypto currency has been much more dynamic, therefore, we have placed more chips order from foundry.
Sfards now accepts pre-order of chips and miners from global investors, delivery time is January, 2016.
We also have limited amount of chips and miners in stock, please contact us for details, thanks.

For more details, please refer to:
Introduction of chip: http://www.sfards.com/pro/chip
Introduction of miner: http://www.sfards.com/pro/miner
Open sources: https://github.com/sfards
Email: info@sfards.com

Please note, Sfards Technology has not authorized any reseller yet, the companies claiming they have chips or miners for sale might be committing fraud. We suggest you only deal with companies or individuals you have complete trust, if you have doubts, please directly contact us to inquire their soundness.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/72sx0m.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/s1szv6.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/34of0ba.jpg
http://oi65.tinypic.com/iz1chv.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/rhinav.jpg
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:50:57 AM

Wow surprised and happy.   Was not expecting to see this, welcome back to the forum.

Do you know what price next batch will be and timeline?  Also will it be a bigger batch for customers?
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:03:00 AM

Interesting that there was a bunch of time with no updates---

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:05:47 AM

I'm just happy that they might be coming back.  I want to scrypt mine and they really are only game in town with a newer chip.  I need to know price as it needs to make sense, and time frame.

But it looks like my guess of internal mining might have been right that looks like a lot of SF100's in a data center somewhere.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:06:03 AM

Unit price and pre-order information please.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:32:59 AM

I'm just happy that they might be coming back.  I want to scrypt mine and they really are only game in town with a newer chip.  I need to know price as it needs to make sense, and time frame.

But it looks like my guess of internal mining might have been right that looks like a lot of SF100's in a data center somewhere.

I think ITOP has been selling them for about $1150 used...may be the best bet.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:43:48 AM

I think ITOP has been selling them for about $1150 used...may be the best bet.

It needs to be lower then that I think after having.  ITOP paid original 1200 I think it was from factory I'm guessing. So they will want to keep it around that.

I'm hoping SFards will lower price considering having of LTC.   But time will tell.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:37:23 AM

*yawn*

Still nothing to see here.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:30:25 AM

True!  How impersonal after months of nothing but some questions answered non directly.  Weird to say the least.  Seems home miners aren't welcomed here.
carlosmnk

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:49:38 AM

If the price is not high (and 1150€ is very high), i want but 3 or 4, perphaps more...  Grin

Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:37:11 AM

We are sorry we didn't update the information for a long time.
Due to the uncertainty of crypto currency industry, to lower down the risk, we adjusted our strategy. We suspended our retail market, and focus on our VIP customers and the data center setup by ourselves. Because retail market need a bigger team to provide marketing, sales, customer service and technical support etc. It means the higher operating costs.
We are very happy to announce that our new batch will be ready at the end of Nov. The most machines are already booked out, only left very limit amount of machines. We suspend the plan to add machines in our farm, and now open the remaining batch for sale,  the price will be $1150 for each, and only accept 100+ order. it will be ready to ship at the end of Nov.

P.S.
We already added new wafer order, now we accept the booking for chips and miners.
SF3301: qty:2000+ , $25 per chip, the greater the number of the more discount
(We already open source our miner spec, please find it from https://github.com/sfards)

SF100(or same hashrate, new model): $1050 per miner, qty from 100+

Shipping date: Jan, 2016
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: