Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone tried to get into my blockchain.  (Read 2293 times)
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:56:37 AM

No it is blockchain mail , it comes from no-reply@blockchain.info

Said

Authorize log-in attempt
An attempt to login to your blockchain.info wallet was made from an unknown browser. Please confirm the following details are correct:

Time: 2015-03-11 12:50:07
IP Address: 66.249.93.137 (United States)
Browser: Robot/Spider
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; Google Web Preview) Chrome/27.0.1453 Safari/537.36
Please check the ip address and browser carefully. If the above details are correct click the following link to approve the request:

and the link which starts with https://blockchain.info/wallet/authorize-approve?toke..... etc etc you got the rest figured out by now.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:01:03 AM

This is very interesting:
Browser: Robot/Spider
And if you look for the IP 66.249.93.137 you can see it belongs to Google.

So it seems the link with your UUID is published on some website and Google's spiders just followed it.
Any idea where that link could be published?
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 04:05:28 AM

I have no idea , I did not published it anywhere as far as I know Cheesy why would I write my identifier anywhere at all Cheesy
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:33:26 AM

Now that we have narrowed down the access attempt to Google spider, I don't think there is much reason to panic.
Nobody is going to login into your account and steal your Bitcoins.

The only worry you should have is where the spider got the link to your username.

The best you could do now is create a new account on Blockchain and transfer funds from old wallet to new one.
If the funds are very large, I would suggest moving most of it to cold wallet and keeping only a small amount on Blockchain.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 05:39:26 AM

It is not that large and the most important thing right now is , I am not hacked , my computer is not hacked . It is just google spider that found it. I am nto going to get paranoid about it from now on.

My funds are transfered already Cheesy One of the first things I did.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:49:19 AM

I don't know who and I don't know how but someone tried to log into my blockchain , it send me an email if I authorize it and I deleted the email and did not authorized anything but it kinda scared me , what should I do now? Is everything alright or should I do something about it?

Somone tried to do the same on mine some days ago
SEE
But i never clicked authorize , strange though , how can someone have my wallet identifer to try to login at first place
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:53:25 AM

Now that we have narrowed down the access attempt to Google spider, I don't think there is much reason to panic.
Nobody is going to login into your account and steal your Bitcoins.

The only worry you should have is where the spider got the link to your username.

The best you could do now is create a new account on Blockchain and transfer funds from old wallet to new one.
If the funds are very large, I would suggest moving most of it to cold wallet and keeping only a small amount on Blockchain.

Seems i found solution to my problem too.
Though i never ever posted my identifier or link anywhere .
But well! idk, it happened the same day when i tried to authorize it from my new laptop.
I think first i tried from my laptop , it wasn't working so i did it from my mobile, maybe that's why ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: