Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone access my bitcoin core wallet please?  (Read 1876 times)
potatasalad (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:34:54 PM

Hi, I am a total noob in the Bitcoin world and I recently purchased some Bitcoins which I sent to a Bitcoin core wallet. Now, I didn't know that you have to sync your wallet first before you can access your Bitcoins or start using the wallet. I have been stuck for the last 2 days and I am still 41 weeks left behind.
I am getting impatient and frusrated of waiting. After all, I just wanted to access my Bitcoins and send it to a wallet address.

Is it possible for someone to access my bitcoin wallet and forward the Bitcoins to a different wallet address?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:38:36 PM

Hi, I am a total noob in the Bitcoin world and I recently purchased some Bitcoins which I sent to a Bitcoin core wallet. Now, I didn't know that you have to sync your wallet first before you can access your Bitcoins or start using the wallet. I have been stuck for the last 2 days and I am still 41 weeks left behind.
I am getting impatient and frusrated of waiting. After all, I just wanted to access my Bitcoins and send it to a wallet address.

Is it possible for someone to access my bitcoin wallet and forward the Bitcoins to a different wallet address?

Yes.

You can do it yourself (which is MUCH BETTER than trusting some stranger on the internet not to steal from you).

Click here:
https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet

You can then import your wallet.dat file and it will create a brand new blockchain.info wallet with access to your bitcoins.  From there, you can send them all to any bitcoin address you like.

If you can't figure out how to make that page work, let me know and I'll give you my email address.  You can then send me a copy of your wallet.dat if you like.
potatasalad (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:49:13 PM

I found my wallet file but its saying connection refused.
potatasalad (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:00:45 PM

Yes.

You can do it yourself (which is MUCH BETTER than trusting some stranger on the internet not to steal from you).

Click here:

You can then import your wallet.dat file and it will create a brand new blockchain.info wallet with access to your bitcoins.  From there, you can send them all to any bitcoin address you like.

If you can't figure out how to make that page work, let me know and I'll give you my email address.  You can then send me a copy of your wallet.dat if you like.

Hey Danny, thanks for your reply.

I found my wallet.dat but its saying connection refused. what does that mean? can you provide me your email address incase i need your help? thanks
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:22:31 PM

Yes.

Click here:

If you can't figure out how to make that page work, let me know and I'll give you my email address.  You can then send me a copy of your wallet.dat if you like.

I found my wallet.dat but its saying connection refused. what does that mean? can you provide me your email address incase i need your help? thanks

just drag and drop your wallet.dat(you don't have to run bitcoin core to import on bc) in blockchain import area and you will be able to access your funds on blockchain.info.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:12:54 PM

I found my wallet.dat but it's saying connection refused. what does that mean? can you provide me your email address incase i need your help? thanks

It's saying?  What is saying that?  The wallet.dat file is just a file, it shouldn't be saying anything at all.  Is your web browser saying "connection refused" when you click on the link I provided?  Is the website saying "connection refused" when you drag your wallet.dat file icon into the box on the website?  You'll need to better explain what your problem is.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:33:41 PM

Any screenshots might direct us to help you !!  Undecided
cparsley

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:16:14 PM

Potato, a lot of us would love to help you, but you have to speak up for us to do so... They are not wrong when it comes to importing into blockchain.info as many are finding they can't take the GB hit anymore with bitcoin-qt...
Webnet

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DaDice! Next Generation Dice Game

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:08:40 PM

u should use a lightweight wallet so u don't need to download the blockchain. or use blockchain.info wallet

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:06:40 PM

i recommend using a ssd(evo it's cheaper) to sync faster, i can sync in 30-45 min wiht bitcoincore

this will make it less frustrating, next time
Blazer1

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:34:18 PM

i too am having the same problems. i drag my wallet.dat file into window, solve capcha, enter pass phrase and then it shows the message "connection refused". what is happening?
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:02:07 PM

OP, in the future, I would recommend using a light wallet such as Electrum since it doesn't require you to download the entire blockchain.

i recommend using a ssd(evo it's cheaper) to sync faster, i can sync in 30-45 min wiht bitcoincore

The Bitcoin blockchain is a 20+GB file. For most people, it would be the speed of their Internet connection that is the main bottleneck rather than their disk speed, no?
Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 03:02:39 AM

OP, in the future, I would recommend using a light wallet such as Electrum since it doesn't require you to download the entire blockchain.

The Bitcoin blockchain is a 20+GB file. For most people, it would be the speed of their Internet connection that is the main bottleneck rather than their disk speed, no?

Isn't there a bootstrap file downloadable?

This might be relevant:
-- http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/16769/how-to-use-the-bootstrap-dat-file-with-bitcoin-qt
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:40:48 AM

This might be relevant:
-- http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/16769/how-to-use-the-bootstrap-dat-file-with-bitcoin-qt

Yup a 20+GB torrent of the blockchain exists which should speed up syncing significantly. It was displayed on the top bar of the forums a while ago too. The link to that thread is here although I'm not sure if it's still being updated. There is another version on the official Bitcoin.org site too (link).

And it's still a pretty big download - e.g. it would take me almost 6 days to download with my 40 KB/s connection.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:42:49 AM

This might be relevant:

Yup a 20+GB torrent of the blockchain exists which should speed up syncing significantly. It was displayed on the top bar of the forums a while ago too. The link to that thread is here although I'm not sure if it's still being updated. There is another version on the official Bitcoin.org site too (link).

And it's still a pretty big download - e.g. it would take me almost 6 days to download with my 40 KB/s connection.

The blockchain bootstrap torrent file is no longer listed on the bitcoin.org download page, but you can still get it from https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/.
But with core 0.10, blocks should be downloaded from peers parallelly and you shouldn't need to use the torrent.

Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:47:01 AM

Just to be curious, what kind of connection is that? Have you considered getting a VPS and running a node there? Also, you could use one of those lightweight clients. Also for convenience you might want to use a webwallet or two, not that safe, but very convenient for smaller amounts. Blockchain.info for example.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: